Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

She is gorgeous in that photo though :)

She really is.

She is smoking hot.

Her nickname should be spanner. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

I thought they used an egg to bind the filling?

My sister in law is Chinese, she came to the U.S. when she was 12. She cooks all authentic food. No eggs are used in the creation of her egg rolls. 

• Like 3

It's funny how different Western egg rolls are from real Chinese egg rolls, which are a sweet snack rather than a savoury appetizer.

• Like 1

I find it odd that some vegans describe things as "vegan chicken"  or a another name for meat substitute

It's not chicken,   find another name for it!

• Like 1

Mayim is on youtube! So awesome!

Here is her first video! Enjoy it!

I have a thing for brunettes... and I like how Mayim and Jim are added in my "brunettes I like" list.

I can see her doing more education stuff once tbbt finishes, she seems to enjoy doing it

I would have thought that, but she did say in some other interviews recently that she has picked acting for her career.  So not so sure she would go back to education as a full time job.  I can see her teaching some classes around her career in acting though.  I do think she will prefer TV versus film though because of the stability of being on a series compared to having to travel on location, etc. for film.   I could also see her doing more made-for-tv movies.  She seemed to enjoy that.

I think it was interesting because I totally agree with her, that you can have lots of interests and she does have lots of interests.   I think that is why acting is a good fit for her because it allows her to be a voice to reach more people in areas she finds important, and she still can stay on top of all those interests.    She could always stay on top of the interests, but wouldn't always have the platform available to her that acting provides to express her opinions and thoughts about those areas of interests.  That seems to be important to her...to be able to express that in a broader platform.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Her nickname should be spanner. :icon_biggrin: 

Can I ask what "spanner" means in the UK? Because here I know it as an insult, like they're an idiot or stupid....

Actually, it's a kind of a compliment, to refer to a girl as spanner, or spanner head.

The phrase is "I call her spanner/spanner head, because she tightens my nuts". :icon_biggrin: 

BTW. I'm going to hazard a guess, that the video Mayim posted about the Emmys, was shot between tapings of TBBT.

It's not chicken,   find another name for it!

Oddly enough, you can buy something called "meat free chicken".

It used to be marketed as "chicken style pieces", but that name has been changed to actual chicken pieces.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Right but it's still not chicken or anything that tastes like meat and I know that because I tried it ages ago

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I think it does taste like chicken.

As a vegetarian, I eat it fairly often, in stir fries, sweet and sours, curries, etc.

Likewise, I use their steak strips in stews, and often buy their steak and gravy pies.

I really hope it's Mayim running the Grok twitter account. I love how much they interact with the followers :) Much-o Respect-o!

• Like 3

I really hope it's Mayim running the Grok twitter account. I love how much they interact with the followers :) Much-o Respect-o!

It's a nice thought, but it's most likely Esther. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wow!

This is one awesome picture. :cool: 

a6053b44-e558-4baa-bfd8-cf5d2c613804.jpg

You know something, Stephen, I don't like that picture. I know I might be alone in this but I like the pictures of Mayim when she's wearing no make up like the one in black and white 3 posts before yours. I think her beauty comes through better when she has no make up. JMO 

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

Whoever wrote that article, needs to do better research.

Mayim played an unnamed character in the final episode of Season 3 of The Big Bang Theory.

In Season 4, Mayim’s character got a name (Amy Farrah Fowler) and a job (neuroscientist!)

She wasn't an unnamed character, in the final episode of Season 3.

I know...she didn't have a job yet, but she definitely had a name.

I thought the same, when I started to read the article, but then towards the end of the interview, Mayim herself said the character was unnamed in Season 3 finale. Maybe she didn't remember well and the journalist took the wrong information from her.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1