Mayim Bialik

Tripper

16 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

I'm so happy for her! May this be the start of many noms! :biggrin:  

I agree, bravo!  But I am troubled that Jim Parsons isn't nominated for the first time in four years, and also was not nominated for a Golden Globe.  I just don't understand why?  Are they tired of nominating him? (I posted this question earlier, but in the wrong place--sorry.  I get mixed up.....)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

I agree, bravo!  But I am troubled that Jim Parsons isn't nominated for the first time in four years, and also was not nominated for a Golden Globe.  I just don't understand why?  Are they tired of nominating him? (I posted this question earlier, but in the wrong place--sorry.  I get mixed up.....)

To me a SAGA is the top award you can get , for TV actors anyway (Emmys are grand too but they aren't as prestigious, in my eyes anyway). Because it's almost legendary to be part of that actors guild. So I'm glad he's moved on from CCA & GG noms. Purely cause he's been there, done that & got the t-shirt. They helped boost him to be the best actor he can be, He's got the recongnition several times from those awards and now he's ready for the SAGA win. I have a specially feeling about his SAGA nom :) I think he'll win it :biggrin: 

Don't get me wrong I'm chuffed for bits with Mayim & her noms but for Jim, he's ready for the next level. When Mayim bags all her noms this year then she will be too :biggrin: 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

To me a SAGA is the top award you can get , for TV actors anyway (Emmys are grand too but they aren't as prestigious, in my eyes anyway). Because it's almost legendary to be part of that actors guild. So I'm glad he's moved on from CCA & GG noms. Purely cause he's been there, done that & got the t-shirt. They helped boost him to be the best actor he can be, He's got the recongnition several times from those awards and now he's ready for the SAGA win. I have a specially feeling about his SAGA nom :) I think he'll win it :biggrin: 

Don't get me wrong I'm chuffed for bits with Mayim & her noms but for Jim, he's ready for the next level. When Mayim bags all her noms this year then she will be too :biggrin: 

Thank you so much.  I don't understand the layers of these awards, so that really  helps.  I can see why the SAG would matter more, now.  You've relieved my mind.  I really care about these actors.....

1 hour ago, Chiany said:

Well when you only know Mayim as Amy and Blossom, it's weird to her in a role like that.

I know which one you mean.  Your jaw does drop hearing her swear like a trooper but at the time it was an acting job for her.  As she says, she does say what's written on the page!  As well, maybe her views weren't as set at the time.  

I was just thinking of a sister-in-law who I was visiting this summer, who walked by me one day, upset at my other sister-in-law, who said to me In all my years, I have never used this word and here am I thinking it because my other SIL was driving her crazy!  

Edited by lpm

Reading this possibly is giving away who is likely to win Critics Choice Awards this year in a way...and it is annoying because I still think that Mayim has delivered amazing performances this season and deserves more than a nom, but an actual win!   Thoughts?  

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/electric-eleven-thr-tv-critics-849641/item/jon-hamm-electric-eleven-849618

1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

If someone could shed some light on what this game is I'll love you forever :laugh: 

Superfight, as Mayim's hashtag says. :) Can't really describe it, since I have only played it once while being drunk :laugh: But basically you just argue with everyone, haha. It's quite similar to Cards against humanity imo.