Mayim Bialik

Tripper

Emmys 2013

Emmys 2013: Nominee Mayim Bialik 'a lot more nervous' than in 2012

• By Nardine Saad

September 22, 2013, 4:27 p.m.

Celebs walking the red carpet at the Emmy Awards know that sustenance is crucial during a long day in the heat. Mayim Bialik, nominated for supporting actress in a comedy for "The Big Bang Theory," was no exception.

Bialik, 37, showed reporters Sunday on the Emmys red carpet that she had "lipstick and a cookie" in her tiny emerald-green clutch. 

She's nominated for her portrayal of socially awkward neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler, girlfriend to even more socially awkward Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) on the show. He's nominated for actor in a comedy. The show is up for best comedy, and she's not sure if she's going to win. 

"It feels like last year but I'm a lot more nervous!," Bialik said.

She only recently became a series regular on the CBS comedy about the daily social woes of a geek band of Cal Tech scientists. She said next season Amy gets a lot more one-on-one time with some other characters in the cast. 

"Amy and Bernadette (Melissa Rauch) go on a field trip and I do a scene with Simon Helberg, which we've never done alone together before."

The "Blossom" alum, a neuroscientist in real life, admitted that she doesn't watch TV despite being on one of the highest-rated comedies on television. Instead, she writes for Jewish mommy-blog Kveller.

"They're expecting an Emmy report from me tomorrow morning."

As for her two sons, they won't be tuning in Emmy night to see whether their mom takes home her first award.

"They're probably watching football tonight instead," she said with a laugh.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/gossip/la-et-mg-emmys-2013-mayim-bialik-big-bang-theory-red-carpet-20130922,0,816562.story

Edited by ShamyForever
  • Like 2

Really bummed she didn't win :( but this is only her second nomination, and there's a good probability she'll be nominated again for a third chance next year if she carries on her brilliant work. She also looked amazing as usual ;). Please give her some good material this season writers!! Pretty please! :D Well done to Jim though, he must be super chuffed :D

• Like 3

For all the prestige of this award, the actual ceremony and all that goes around it seems very clique-y and kind of impersonal. I think I prefer award shows like People's Choice where the cast gets to all sit and chill together and hang out. The photos from the booth last year were so awesome. This was a bit of a buzz kill of a night with them all scattered around,  no joint photos other than that one with Mayim and Kunal, and so on. 

• Like 3

For all the prestige of this award, the actual ceremony and all that goes around it seems very clique-y and kind of impersonal. I think I prefer award shows like People's Choice where the cast gets to all sit and chill together and hang out. The photos from the booth last year were so awesome. This was a bit of a buzz kill of a night with them all scattered around,  no joint photos other than that one with Mayim and Kunal, and so on. 

Agreed, they must know we're all waiting for cast pics. :crying:

I'm a bit sad for Mayim. Fortunately this season gives her apparently much more time on screen and I hope that with her talent and the rest, she will get an Emmy next year !

and look, I found this on her blog :

" I cried when Jim Parsons won. I also jumped out of my seat when Jim won. He deserves this award so very much and his speech was so touching. We have a regular work day today, and I can’t wait to hug him and celebrate with him. "  can't still insensitive when reading this kind of Majim cuteness...

• Like 3

I read Mayim's blog and dispite of that I'm in heaven that Jim had won and I'm happy like crazy, that I feel sad and angry because Mayim had lost...and after when I read Mayim's blog I really want to hug her... she is amazing woman and despite of that she really felt bad because she lost she had good time at after party.... and that fragments of her blog realy moved me...and it showed how special and beautiful and awesome and prefect person she is....

Losing Team. Let’s just get it out of the way right now: losing sucks. I am a fiercely competitive person about everything from how fast I can run up a flight of stairs to how much someone loves me. Since I was a very small child, I wanted to win all things and be the best at everything and if not, challenge myself to try to be the best by beating myself up for not being the best. So, yeah: losing sucks. I am happy for Merritt Weaver and sure.....

(especially those red lines is so touching.. oh I really want to hug her and say that yeah there are tons of people who love her so much no matter if she wins or not... for us she is the best)

.....being nominated makes me a winner, except when it doesn’t because I lost. I am fine, I am OK. I’m not broken, just bent. And I will learn to love again.

My extensions finally came out and my cat cuddled me all night. Good kitty. He loves me even though I lost. And so do a lot of people.

Big girl choices. I really only went to parties I wanted to go to this year, not ones I was told I should go to. A lot of well-meaning people in my industry have opinions about what parties I “should” go to to be seen at or whatever, but sometimes those parties are too fancy or social for me, and I selected close friends who I knew would support me needing to leave or stay on my schedule. It was an overall great weekend making big girl choices.

I had found on her twitter 

Mayim Bialik GlamCam 360 at 2013 Emmys - Exclusive

Get an interactive 360 degree view of Mayim Bialik's outfit at the 2013 Emmys in E's exclusive GlamCam 360. I hope link will works...

http://uk.eonline.com/news/2013_emmys/glamcam/06 

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 2

I do think this year was harder on her than she lets through and she does sound like the kind of person that gets stuck in her own head, running around in circles and overanalyzing everything (I relate and recognize that :p ). That's why I really wanted her to win, I thought it would make up for the year she's had, more than anything. :( Well, hopefully this coming year will be full of good things for her. 

• Like 2

I read her blog yesterday and I have to say that I'm even more bothered now that she didn't win because now I know how disappointed she was. :girlsad:

Yeah me too... she deserve to win and it bothers me a lot... she was disappointed.. and that what she wrote on her blog was so sad but I believe that she will win next year. I really thought it will help her and will be her fuel for s7 that it will give her power... when I remember to myself... that line "What you see is irrelevant..." a lot of people can think that she is famous actress and can judge her so superficially. i think that we can see a lot and know about her a lot when we read her blog where we can learn about her thoughts and emotions, and we can see there normal person like every one of us, who can feel not so secure in what she does, and overthink everything,  who needs to be strong for children, for herself, and it doesn't matter is she famous actress or not... like to every one of us that kind of success could help her could give her power too move on, but she knows that a lot people loves her and that we all are admire her work, and how brilliant she is. And that knowledge is her strenght...that she has a lot of people who will love her no matter what. And it  makes her even more perfect... and beautiful.

tumblr_mtlv61GMiM1rnebyho1_500.jpg

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

On the bright side, Mayim did get to go to Jon Hamm's party with the cool kids. And she got to remove her hair extensions. I remember from my wedding, the best part of the night was ripping that synthetic dead animal off my head. That indescribable pleasure and the knowledge that Don Draper is roaming the room commando... That's not a bad night.

But yes, now I am sad for her. Things seem to have been going better lately, this would have capped things off nicely.

• Like 3

Why does she wear hair extensions?  I don't understand why people do that--her own hair seems perfectly fine to me.

If her hair is like mine, it can't be trusted. Not for a minute. Since she could rip it off at the end of the evening, it's just a fall that attaches to your head in the appropriate style that will give you the appearance of glamorous hair. It looks great in pictures. And at the end of the night you take it off and shoot it.

Mayim stresses enough on the red carpet, she deserves tame hair.

• Like 1