Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I want a Pi bracelet too!!

 

Omg, I want one too! *nods* <3

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, hokie3457 said:

Love it!  I wonder why Mayim looks so unhappy????

If I had to dress and have a hair style like that all day. I would be unhappy also

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, hokie3457 said:

Love it!  I wonder why Mayim looks so unhappy????

She might be 'In the Zone'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SRAM said:

She might be 'In the Zone'.

Most likely getting into character. Running through her lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those live-chat are always fun...If you are not around for 11 am PST time (6-7 PM in Europe), you can catch up later, on Mayim's FB page!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly, I know she is taking some heat at the moment with not show related stuff. Hopefully people that are respectful of different people's views make up the vast majority of people who watch it and ask questions/send comments.

I'll probably catch up on it later.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Those live-chat are always fun...If you are not around for 11 am PST time (6-7 PM in Europe), you can catch up later, on Mayim's FB page!

I'll probably catch up on it later, as in live the comments are posted too fast and I get lost quickly, lol. Mayim is so cool for doing this live sessions though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will win? Mayim or Kunal? We will know on May 2nd, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayim spoke at OSU (Ohio State University) this evening....

missmayim Thank you #osu for listening to me talk to you for 2 hours. !!! Fantastic questions. Israel, science, acting, feminism, civil rights. Yes to all.

 

Mayim.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayim's new vlog

It has gotten viral on FB, and Mayim seems very happy for that. When she wrote this post

it had 2.5 million views, now they are 4 millions. TBH, I don't particularly agree with what she says here, but I'm glad her YT channel is having more visibility. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It has gotten viral on FB, and Mayim seems very happy for that. When she wrote this post

...

it had 2.5 million views, now they are 4 millions. TBH, I don't particularly agree with what she says here, but I'm glad her YT channel is having more visibility. 

4.1 million views now - that really struck a cord it seems. It's an issue that I've seem pop up periodically in feminist circles and I actually agree with it on principle. But as always context matters and there are casual situations where "girl" still works better, same as "boy" for that matter. Much like we call the characters on the show "the girls" and "the boys" - there's equal treatment here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

4.1 million views now - that really struck a cord it seems. It's an issue that I've seem pop up periodically in feminist circles and I actually agree with it on principle. But as always context matters and there are casual situations where "girl" still works better, same as "boy" for that matter. Much like we call the characters on the show "the girls" and "the boys" - there's equal treatment here.

Yes, exactly, I also think it mainly depends on the context. For example, in the same situation Mayim described in the video, with reversed roles,  if I'm at a bar and I notice a handsome fellow, I say to my friends "Looks at that nice boy", even if he is not in his prime anymore. Probably Italian here helps to avoid the issue because we have the same word for "boy" and "guy", but still... There are situations in which the words boy/girl are inappropriate, but as long as there is equal treatment and there is no intention of downplaying the recipient of those words, I don't see the big deal. As you said, I'm many informal situations they "work" even better than woman/man.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayim hit 2 M. followers on IG and is celebrating with her cat

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Mayim hit 2 M. followers on IG and is celebrating with her cat

 

Great photo! Love  the blurry effect!

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.3.2017 at 1:04 AM, mirs1 said:

Yes, exactly, I also think it mainly depends on the context. For example, in the same situation Mayim described in the video, with reversed roles,  if I'm at a bar and I notice a handsome fellow, I say to my friends "Looks at that nice boy", even if he is not in his prime anymore. Probably Italian here helps to avoid the issue because we have the same word for "boy" and "guy", but still... There are situations in which the words boy/girl are inappropriate, but as long as there is equal treatment and there is no intention of downplaying the recipient of those words, I don't see the big deal. As you said, I'm many informal situations they "work" even better than woman/man.

I think one of the problems is that "girl" became the parallel of "guy". There is "boy", "guy" and "man", "girl", ? and "woman". Of course you could go with "woman" to fill in but it still wouldn't be an exact parallel. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.