The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

From The Hollywood Reporter

Mayim Bialik's 'Call Me Kat' Ordered to Series at Fox

Fox is solidifying its comedy roster.

The independent broadcaster, which on Monday became the first network to reveal its plans for a novel coronavirus-impacted fall schedule, picked up an 11th season of animated hit Bob's Burgers and handed out a series order to multicam Call Me Kat, starring Mayim Bialik.

Both the renewal and the order for Call Me Kat were expected. Work on the Emmy-winning animated comedy from Loren Bouchard and 20th Century Fox Television has been happening for months, while the scripted comedy from exec producer Jim Parsons had a sizable series production commitment attached to it. (Meaning, if Fox passed on a series pickup, the network would have had to pay a fee as if it had been ordered.)

<snip>

In announcing its fall schedule, Fox noted Monday that new and returning series that hadn't already completed production are being held for a midseason debut. This includes returning hits like 911 and new entries like Call Me Kat. Only scripted holdovers Next and Filthy Rich — which completed filming — will launch in the fall alongside animated series like Bob's Burgers, which have all largely been unaffected by the global pandemic.

<full article in the link>

• Like 2

From Variety

Mayim Bialik to Host Remote Celebrity Talent Show for TBS

Mayim Bialik is hoping to make a big bang with her new hosting gig.

The “Big Bang Theory” alumna is set to MC “Celebrity Show-Off,” a remote talent show featuring a lineup of celebs which has been ordered at TBS.

Each of the remote series’ 10 episodes will give celebrities the opportunity to see who can produce the most compelling content from the comfort of their own homes. The list of talent signed up for the showcase so far includes Diplo, Ja Rule, Action Bronson, Gabi Butler, Dwight Howard, Travis Kelce, Nene Leakes, Jason Mraz, Kevin Smith, Tori Spelling, Bella Thorne, Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah Willis.

“Wait until you see what this cast has pulled off,” said Corie Henson, EVP and head of unscripted programming for TBS, TNT and truTV. “From sharing never-before-seen talents, to performing crazy stunts or even bringing on special guests, the celebs’ shows are creatively ambitious with DIY charm – since our cast are all working with the limitations of what they’ve got available at home.”

“Celebrity Show-Off” is based on the popular Korean show “My Little Television,” and hails from the executive producer of “The Masked Singer.”

<full article in the link>

• Like 2

Mayim is a guest on The Kelly Clarkson Show this Thursday, July 9th! :)

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, Kev0821 said:

Mayim is a guest on The Kelly Clarkson Show this Thursday, July 9th! :)

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 2:59 PM, vonmar said:

From The Hollywood Reporter

Mayim Bialik's 'Call Me Kat' Ordered to Series at Fox

Fox is solidifying its comedy roster.

The independent broadcaster, which on Monday became the first network to reveal its plans for a novel coronavirus-impacted fall schedule, picked up an 11th season of animated hit Bob's Burgers and handed out a series order to multicam Call Me Kat, starring Mayim Bialik.

Both the renewal and the order for Call Me Kat were expected. Work on the Emmy-winning animated comedy from Loren Bouchard and 20th Century Fox Television has been happening for months, while the scripted comedy from exec producer Jim Parsons had a sizable series production commitment attached to it. (Meaning, if Fox passed on a series pickup, the network would have had to pay a fee as if it had been ordered.)

call me kat is a remake of the bbc show miranda,they will proably drop the height jokes as mayim is not as tall as miranda hart(6 feet 1 inches)

edited your reply, to bring your comments out of the quote box

'Big Bang Theory' star Mayim Bialik shares what she misses the most about the series: 'It was a real thrill'

From Fox News Digital

From Broadway World

The Groundlings Presents The Reality Of Non-Reality Tv With Mayim Bialik and Julian Gant

In this special one-night-only event, Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory) joins her new Call Me Kat (Fox) co-star and Groundlings Main Company member Julian Gant (Good Girls) to discuss tips and tricks for auditioning, booking, and working on sitcoms. The discussion will be moderated by Groundlings Main Company member Lisa Schurga, followed by a Q&A with virtual attendees.

All proceeds from the event will benefit The Groundlings Theatre, the legendary, non-profit institution that has been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Tuesday, September 22 at 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. PT. The class will be conducted via Zoom.  Enrollment is now open HERE. The event costs $15.00 and all proceeds will help support The Groundlings Theatre & School, which is a non-profit organization.