The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

From The Hollywood Reporter

Mayim Bialik's 'Call Me Kat' Ordered to Series at Fox

Fox is solidifying its comedy roster.

The independent broadcaster, which on Monday became the first network to reveal its plans for a novel coronavirus-impacted fall schedule, picked up an 11th season of animated hit Bob's Burgers and handed out a series order to multicam Call Me Kat, starring Mayim Bialik.

Both the renewal and the order for Call Me Kat were expected. Work on the Emmy-winning animated comedy from Loren Bouchard and 20th Century Fox Television has been happening for months, while the scripted comedy from exec producer Jim Parsons had a sizable series production commitment attached to it. (Meaning, if Fox passed on a series pickup, the network would have had to pay a fee as if it had been ordered.)

<snip>

In announcing its fall schedule, Fox noted Monday that new and returning series that hadn't already completed production are being held for a midseason debut. This includes returning hits like 911 and new entries like Call Me Kat. Only scripted holdovers Next and Filthy Rich — which completed filming — will launch in the fall alongside animated series like Bob's Burgers, which have all largely been unaffected by the global pandemic.

<full article in the link>