The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

She can put out digital paper dolls and we can help her pick out her choices.  Make lemonade. Make it fun.  

Here's a start.  I vote for the third just add short 3/4 sleeves.

tumblr_mx1ija4Pgz1qa70eyo6_500.png

While these are full at the bottom I do prefer her in fitted clothes that show her true size ... not Amy's faux bulk.

Edited by dessertisserved
  • Like 1

I really liked the dress. I didn't like that it was shorter int he front and long in the back...but the top with the purple is beautiful!

• Like 1

According to TV Guide, Mayim will be on Hollywood Game Night on January 27 at 8 PM Eastern.   The show airs on NBC.  Other celebrities on the show will be Cobie Smulders, Henry Winkler, Taran Killam, Angie Harmon, & Mark Feuerstein.

• Like 1

I didn't like Mayim's SAG dress at all. The colours were lovely, but the gown itself was just too frumpy. It was totally ill-fitting. I really wonder why they chose that dress, or why they (at least) didn't fit it properly.

Her hair and make-up looked very lovely!

I am so disappointed Mayim, Jim and the show didn't win. 80

I love Mayim's SAG dress (Am I the only one?), but she didn't choose the right shoes ^^
She looks like a princess and OK, the one she was wearing to the Golden Globes was perfect.
Maybe I love her so much I'm blind now ... I don't know ;)

• Like 1

I love Mayim's SAG dress (Am I the only one?), but she didn't choose the right shoes ^^

She looks like a princess and OK, the one she was wearing to the Golden Globes was perfect.

Maybe I love her so much I'm blind now ... I don't know ;)

I don't think you are alone in loving this last dress (although I am not one of them).

But compared to the GG dress, everything fails in comparison imho.

And we all love Mayim, no matter what she wears ;)

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

I liked the idea of the dress, but for me, the problem was all that wider lace that kind of circled her shoulders and all that. I think it would have looked less fussy and overdone if it had had that kind of lace maybe just at the neckline, but not a wide band of it, and then just a simpler overall look to the lacy part. I think that's what made both her PCA and GG dresses work.

The SAG dress seemed to come too high up her neck or something and the lace seemed too busy.

And though I usually like her hair, I felt like the little curly tendrils on the side of her face simply added to the "too fussy" look. When I first saw her short interview with those two knuckleheads, I kept wanting her to put that hair behind her ear or something. To me it just looked sloppy.

I know that in her blog she had said something about the dress looking Victorian, and I can get that. Back in the early 80s or so there were these dresses with the label "Gunny Sax" that were kind of modeled on Victorian influences, and that's kind of what this dress reminded me of. But I think to pull of such a high neckline, she would have needed a longer neck, or to have her hair up higher or something.

I felt like it was strangling her...

In general it was fine, but I liked her other two dresses better.

ETA: I hadn't seen that full length photo until after I had written all of this, but it was going to say that it looked like a costume, so I guess I'm not the only one.

Edited by phantagrae

From the lace up, I LOVED the dress. If the bottom was more form-fitting and not short in the front, it would have been a lot better, not amazing but better. Her hips looked way too big, even though she has a tiny frame.

Hair and make-up though, FLAWLESS. I cannot even describe how much I loved her hair.

When I first saw her on the carpet, I just did a face-palm because she was actually excited about this dress. I just wanted to cry for her. I am very disappointed in her stylist, because she usually nails it.

Personally, I feel like someone should have put the kibosh on that mess before she left the house. I would have told her ass to turn around lol.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 2

I really didn't like her dress, but like Chiany said : I love Mayim, no matter what she wears ! I <3

• Like 5

Mayim is beautiful to me, no matter what she wears, yes. That's the best way of putting it.

Her hair, skin and makeup were so beyond flawless....she nailed that part.  While I didn't like the dress, I agree, she still is beautiful.   Plus, her smile on the carpet made up for all the faux pas' that her designer made in this case.  :girlwink:

• Like 5

I LOVE Mayim. Hair and makeup beautiful

The dresss. Eh. Wasn't not my fav. I hope she's not on fashion police tonight.

If it was all black lace. Maybe.

The purple bottom didnt go with the dress. Made her look big. Not flattering on her

I was just looking at the worst dress list on E's website....I think Mayim was just following the "dress like you are in an Edith Wharton novel" un-spoken dress code for the evening. There was a ton of black lace, purple and one woman was literally dressed like a statue from an art noveau lobby.

I see what was going on and now I love Mayim's dress.

And waist up she looked very pretty.

Edited by Chaliceinnana

I saw her on E!'s website (along with just about every other website) for worst dressed. I got about halfway through the comments on E!online before the rage was boiling in my blood. I wanted to throw my laptop. People were tearing the poor thing to shreds, and not just the dress, everything about her. I had to go put myself in timeout to calm down lol.

For the love of everything holy, I hope she does not see some of truly despicable things that people wrote about her. She's famous, I get it, but she is still a human being for goodness sake. I find her just to be the epitome of everything that is beauty. She exudes confidence from somewhere deep inside herself, she could wear a garbage bag and still look confident. I just look up to her and respect her so much, it physically pained me to read such horrible things. So, naturally, I had to come here and vent to my peeps.

Bottom line, words cannot express the respect I have for this woman and how ultimately beautiful of a person she is, inside and out.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 6

I prefer her taking these risks than being safe. Melissa Rauch always looks nice but it's nothing special. Mayim goes outside the box and I love that about her and her team.

• Like 2

Haters are gonna hate, I don't understand why the people can be so mean about someone that actually they don't know. For me it is so stupid how in television prefer to talk about what the celebrities wore in the SAG instead of SAG.

Mayim shared a Tumblr gif on her Facebook page about the awkward moment at the SAG awards..

She is such a ledge! :D

• Like 2

Maybe she has a secret tumblr like Jim has a secret twitter :D

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk