The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morporkian

Blueprints?

Hiya all, I am new here and only actually found it as I was searching for some blueprints of the apartments in The Big Bang Theory. I have tried to look through the gallery on the site, as I knw there are episodes where you see the bedrooms and bathroom, but it is quite hard to judge and I haven't got a great deal of time right now anyway (little one running around!) so I will try again later. If anyone has/knows of a good set for the apartments, I would be very greatful - or if you can find a good video clip or set of pictures to help. I am looking, as I had a sudden urge (while watching TBBT the othre day!) to make the apartment building in TS2. OK, well thank you in advance :icon_cheesygrin: I do apologise if this is in the wrong section, just couldn't think where else to put it. Hollie.

I believe the apartment is not a scaled layout. They have put in angles on several walls to allow access for the camera crew. I tried to draw up my idea but it became even more apparent. Are sheldon's and lenords rooms down the same hall way as the bath room? If so whats the mystery door behind the couch for? If so are the bedrooms back to back or is one across the hall and next to the kitchen? And for Penny, is her bedroom behind the stair well? I attached my work up. But it looks weird

post-154-134808096532_thumb.jpg

I think Penny's bedroom is behind the stairwell. As for their apartment, I can't guess why the 'hallway' would be laid out as such, unless there was some type of utility closet/room/access panel that was connected immediately to it along the wall by the kitchenette window. Maybe they have a third bedroom that's holding even more of their geek souvenirs that we're not away of right now. Would make sense layout-wise. EIther that, or there's a second stairwell (since their apartments didn't have an emergency firescape). I had an old apartment that had a very tiny narrow/cramped/short squarebox stairwell in the corner of the building to act as the emergency 'secondary' stairwell.

I think Penny's bedroom is behind the stairwell.

Wasn't Penny's bedroom quite visible straight in the back of her apartment in the episode where Sheldon broke in to clean in the middle of the night? You could see her in bed while they were talking in the living room.

Yep. thats why i believe it's behind the stair case. So that mean the mystery door must lead to a larger room.

Behind as in "further back from us viewers than" yes. Behind as in "if you tunnel through the back of the stairs you'd hit her bedroom" no. But yes - in real world architecture anyways, the door would probably lead to a room at least as big as Penny's bedroom - which we see more of in the episode airing 4/27/09.

I dont know about pennys room but certainly for leonard and sheldons room I believe WyoLars has got it pretty much right except leonard and sheldons rooms are the other way around, as shown in the episode in which sheldon gets ill.

My guess is one of the complaints about not having enough money to live separately is that they truly do spend enough on memorabilia that they use one additional room to store it all, that they'd be so neurotic about, they don't ever really go in it. At least, that's how I'd figure them.

I watched episode 1.07 "The Dumpling Paradox" again and this cupboard was actually revealed to be a cupboard then. :icon_eek: I didn't remember that. Leonard got a pillow for Penny from this cupboard, for when she was sleeping on the guys' couch.

Hiya all,

I am new here and only actually found it as I was searching for some blueprints of the apartments in The Big Bang Theory.

I have tried to look through the gallery on the site, as I knw there are episodes where you see the bedrooms and bathroom, but it is quite hard to judge and I haven't got a great deal of time right now anyway (little one running around!) so I will try again later.

If anyone has/knows of a good set for the apartments, I would be very greatful - or if you can find a good video clip or set of pictures to help.

I am looking, as I had a sudden urge (while watching TBBT the othre day!) to make the apartment building in TS2.

OK, well thank you in advance :icon_cheesygrin: I do apologise if this is in the wrong section, just couldn't think where else to put it.

Hollie.

Hii, If you want to I can make you some blueprints of the apartments ;)

I learn to work with those design programs at school

(I'm studying multimedia) so lets take it as a little project :)

Maybe I'll even make a 3D model ;)

I like your layout very much. It is problematic however that there is a small bathroom in Leonard's room where Penny threw up in the episode where they were planning to go to Switzerland.

I like your layout very much. It is problematic however that there is a small bathroom in Leonard's room where Penny threw up in the episode where they were planning to go to Switzerland.

Check your other post... that small bathroom is in Penny's bedroom, where that particular scene takes place. It's not in Leonard's bedroom.