Can I Get Some Thumbs Up From The Shennys Out There?...

ShennyFTW

Ok so I know that I am still really new to this forum so I say all this tentivately, but I have recently become addicted to this show and have become a HUGE Shenny Shipper. I say this because when you look at so many instances Penny has always helped, gone to or, comforted Sheldon when everyone else would't. As well as Sheldon would make, say, and do things in exception that he would do with Penny that he wouldn't do for anyone else......UNTIL here recently in Season 6.  :icon_mad:  Anyway I have always seen Sheldon and Amy as more as brother and sister. I would just like to hear from any other Shenny Shippers out there like me to know that I am not the only one here who feels the same  :icon_mrgreen:

I think you will find the remnants of the Shenny Shippers in this thread:

They would really love to have some new blood.  It is a controversial topic here and it can draw some big hatred from a few posters.

If you would like I could discuss your points on topic in this thread but I think you would be better off in the mostly safe haven thread. 

Season 6 has not been kind to you guys.

Edited by Ar Diem

Welcome to the forum :-). I'm not a Shenny but I still give you a thumbs up. LOL. Unfortunately, Ar Diem is correct: not a well liked topic in these parts. LOL. It's really sad actually. People literally TROLL people who ship Sheldon/Penny and harass them. It's pathetic and not how THIS chick rolls. I may not agree with a single word a Shenny says and will simply say if I don't agree but to take it to such EXTREMES that I see people do? Not cool.

Good luck...

Monique

Welcome to the forum :-). I'm not a Shenny but I still give you a thumbs up. LOL. Unfortunately, Ar Diem is correct: not a well liked topic in these parts. LOL. It's really sad actually. People literally TROLL people who ship Sheldon/Penny and harass them. It's pathetic and not how THIS chick rolls. I may not agree with a single word a Shenny says and will simply say if I don't agree but to take it to such EXTREMES that I see people do? Not cool.

Good luck...

Monique

Calling it like it is... you are the bomb.

I do see from the OP's perspective how the door could have been perceived to be open for Shenny until recently.  I mean the show was never going to go there but I can see it.

I think what some people crave is a twist.  I don't blame them at all. Even though I am pro-Lenny it has been done to death in television and movies.  Not too many shows are willing to pull a Charles in Charge though. 

Welcome, I'm the half of the Shenny shippers welcome wagon. yeah it's 2; me and Doug...lol   Sheldon/Penny to my mind is a classic ship and was done in the glory days of 1930's hollywood with many great comedies relying on the naive uber intellectual male and the streetwise earthy female. MJ is great and Ar Diem is correct, Shenny seems to disturb a lot of people, though really it's just a ship, it's a tv show not our lives.

Anyway welcome and always happy to discuss it. There is great fanfiction out there to keep your ship happy!

Calling it like it is... you are the bomb.

I do see from the OP's perspective how the door could have been perceived to be open for Shenny until recently.  I mean the show was never going to go there but I can see it.

I think what some people crave is a twist.  I don't blame them at all. Even though I am pro-Lenny it has been done to death in television and movies.  Not too many shows are willing to pull a Charles in Charge though. 

I don't blame them either for craving a twist (Sheldon & Amy being together is definitely a twist since season 1). In fact, I still stand by the fact that it would be awesome if there was a parallel universe type episode where Sheldon & Penny were attracted to each other or something. Or something where they're both having the same nightmare for whatever reason and they both wake up screaming in horror. LOL. That would be so funny and interesting to see. LOL.

Thanks guys for the thumbs up and the easy talk about all the shippers and their ummmmm "passion" towards a certain ship lol. I have wrote on other tv show forums before, so I definitely know the rivalries that come with them  :icon_biggrin:. Thank you Ar Diem for the link to the Shenny forum...believe me, I appreciate the safe haven and thank you everyone else for the welcomes as well. Just happy to be a part of a forum who shares the love that I do for the show. No matter how it all turns out...I still love it all the same. 

Just watched multiple videos for Shenny on YouTube and I must say: What a beautiful, yet impossible, yet lovely Ship! Because I've been a lover of impossible Ships in the past (usually I'm a Slasher!) I get how desirable it is to find Anything on a scene and call it "hope". Truly I have such respect for the idea of Shenny. Some fans are a little over-the-top but then again I'm that way with Shamy so it's understandable.

I don't blame them either for craving a twist (Sheldon & Amy being together is definitely a twist since season 1). In fact, I still stand by the fact that it would be awesome if there was a parallel universe type episode where Sheldon & Penny were attracted to each other or something. Or something where they're both having the same nightmare for whatever reason and they both wake up screaming in horror. LOL. That would be so funny and interesting to see. LOL.

I agree they need to do this.  I think it would satisfy everyone and it wouldn't be so far-fetched... everyone has weird dreams about their friends sometimes.  And, you know they played around with shenny is season 3 (sheldon accidently grabbing her boob) so it's understandable that there's people out there that like it.  I've always felt sheldon and penny scenes together were great, but because of multiple reasons, that's where it ends for me.

I agree they need to do this.  I think it would satisfy everyone and it wouldn't be so far-fetched... everyone has weird dreams about their friends sometimes.  And, you know they played around with shenny is season 3 (sheldon accidently grabbing her boob) so it's understandable that there's people out there that like it.  I've always felt sheldon and penny scenes together were great, but because of multiple reasons, that's where it ends for me.

I agree with this and with God of particles description beautiful, yet impossible. Nicely put. It sums up how I feel about the shenny.

Dream sequence here we go?

He didn't grab her boob intentionally. It had nothing to do with sex or relationship in any way. I don't understand how anyone can get sheldon and penny as a couple from anything that has been in any episode. It's fine to imagine what you like, but to try and justify a relationship between these two characters from their interactions in the show is kinda demented. They are the antipathy of compatible characters.

He didn't grab her boob intentionally. It had nothing to do with sex or relationship in any way. I don't understand how anyone can get sheldon and penny as a couple from anything that has been in any episode. It's fine to imagine what you like, but to try and justify a relationship between these two characters from their interactions in the show is kinda demented. They are the antipathy of compatible characters.

I am not a shenny shipper by no means and I agree with what your saying, but they did play with idea a little -- he peeked, remember?  It wasn't in any way trying to get them together, but a way to show that sheldon had curiosity.  I was just showing some respect for the other shippers... and saying I can somewhat see how they feel since sheldon and penny do have great scenes together.