Charlie Sheen Can Shove It! Slamming Tbbt!

rachelshamyfan

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

A lot of people would agree with him about the show being lame.  He just gets his opinions noticed because he is a celebrity indirectly connected to the show.

yes, but Charlie is not doing it to express his opinion. He has been on a crusade of badmouthing Chuck and all of his shows for a while now. It doesn't even count as an opinion on the show since it is tainted by his personal hatred of Chuck and everything that belongs to him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but Charlie is not doing it to express his opinion. He has been on a crusade of badmouthing Chuck and all of his shows for a while now. It doesn't even count as an opinion on the show since it is tainted by his personal hatred of Chuck and everything that belongs to him.

I think all opinions are tainted in some way.  My real point was it doesn't bother me.  It doesn't make me like him more or less.  Most likely this is more of a publicity stunt than anything in which case it makes him smart.  The majority of TV viewers are still either watching something else or nothing at all.  Some people hate the show, others just don't find it funny, and still others may not have stumbled on to it yet or may not be willing to give it a chance.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I think all opinions are tainted in some way.  My real point was it doesn't bother me.  It doesn't make me like him more or less.  Most likely this is more of a publicity stunt than anything in which case it makes him smart.  The majority of TV viewers are still either watching something else or nothing at all.  Some people hate the show, others just don't find it funny, and still others may not have stumbled on to it yet or may not be willing to give it a chance.

in that I agree, I don't care in the slightest either way. I like Charlie actually, but whateaver may come from his mouth regarding this show/Chuck/any other o fChuck's shows I just disregard completely since his is not an opinion that would count as such.  What I was trying to point out is that I very much doubt he really thinks TBBT is crap. His vision is so skewed that I bet he hasn't even seen it, but, seizes the opportunity to bash Chucj/his work.

Edited by Sursonica

I'm sorry, but even without Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory would be doing just fine. I'm not sure about the stats, but from what I gather it seems like it's been getting better ratings for a while now. He's just taking his anger at Lorre out on The Big Bang Theory - you can clearly see it. He likes the 'kids', or actors, but just doesn't like the storyline, it seems. It's 'about lame people'. A bit of anti-intellectualism there, I think. So, he likes the actors, but just doesn't like the storyline, which is partially Lorre's idea, hence he attacked it because it was Lorre's idea.

It's funny how he was in an episode as well.

I'm sorry, but even without Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory would be doing just fine. I'm not sure about the stats, but from what I gather it seems like it's been getting better ratings for a while now. He's just taking his anger at Lorre out on The Big Bang Theory - you can clearly see it. He likes the 'kids', or actors, but just doesn't like the storyline, it seems. It's 'about lame people'. A bit of anti-intellectualism there, I think. So, he likes the actors, but just doesn't like the storyline, which is partially Lorre's idea, hence he attacked it because it was Lorre's idea.

It's funny how he was in an episode as well.

Thats probably how he was able to say he 'like the kids on there.'

Sheen talks as if Chuck Lorre himself is responsible for people's failing marriages, etc.  How would that even be possible?

I do think that TAAHM was probably helpful to TBBT in the early days because that's why shows are paired before or after big hits, but I don't think that the audiences for TBBT and TAAHM have that much overlap.

Charlie Sheen needs to shut him mouth and do his own work and stop expecting the whole world to kowtow to him and whatever genius he thinks he has.  Was he ever a writer for TAAHM?  If people found his show funny it wasn't because it was springing from his mind.  He was acting out scripts written by OTHER PEOPLE.

He's just always looking for an excuse to get his name out there so someone will mention his new show.  It's way down there on the FX channel, so how else is he going to get people to realize it's on the air?

As Leslie Winkle might say...

Dumbass.

What a sad, sorry, washed up bitter man. Full of hatred because his career after Two and a half ... well what career...? TBBT is doing SO amazingly well in ratings that it just creams his corn! 

Charlie Messed up and now he is washed up. I have been a Charlie Sheen Fan for a long time. But I can't get into Anger Management. BTW Charlie, BBT is now the lead in for your old show.

As for Two & Half Men, IMHO it is no longer worth watching. It has run it's course in my mind. As for August Jones, Save your money kid because even if the show survives, they won't renew your contract. The writers are going in an other direction and you are not part of the game plan any more.

I can't stand Ashton Kelso Kutcher. To me he is an over rated Walmart stock boy. The writers mess up and should have left Jon Cryer as the star with various guess stars as his renters.  

Sheen may say what he wants about Lorre but due to Lorre's TAAHM. Sheen will never be short of money as he will rake in money forever from re runs.

And TAAAHM sucks without Sheen. Kutcher can never play Sheen's role and he will always remember ppl of Kelso.

Charlie is old, washed up, and developing a pretty scary-looking wattle as the last of his good looks fades away.  He was unbelievably lucky to land a job on a crass, unfunny, utterly predictable show where he got paid a shit ton of money to portray himself so he didn't even have to bother to put his limited acting abilities to use. It's no wonder he's bitter.

Not that I have an opinion or anything.  :D

He's making himself look like a desperate idiot is what he's doing. I assumed he was better than that when I saw him on The View not too long ago. He seems like such a down-to-Earth guy. Cleary, he has some bugs that need to get worked out. Trash talking a show he once appeared in just because he's bitter? So low. Saying that he "likes the kids on it" I bet he doesn't even know their names. LOL. I also bet those "kids" don't give a rats ass what he thinks he knows about their situation. 

The mention of Charlie is just reminding me of Jim's reaction to having to share the stage with him unexpectedly in Emmy 2011. It was funny, he was so flustered and then he went around saying in every interview that Charlie was nice to him and he's sorry he doesn't have anything lurid to share. :icon_lol:

Let's not forget, it was Chuck Lorre put Penny in bed with Raj in 4x24.

Yep, and the cast has been bad mouthing Lorre since.....oh, wait, no they haven't. AAMOF, all I've ever heard from this cast is nothing but praise for Lorre. If a y member of the cast was having problems with Lorre, while they may not say anything about him( to prote t their jobs), they certainly wouldn't be praising him.

Chuck has problems with those actors who have ego or drug problems, which describes no one in this cast.

Johnny made it clear he hated the end of 4x24 when he read the script. so while he didn't bash Chuck, he certainty had displeasure with the outcome.

also, anger managment isn't a bad show, i watched every season 1 episode, because i like an actress in it. But Charlie isn't bad in it. The show is nowhere near the quality of the big bang theory. But it isn't bad.

Anger Management is ever bit as good as 2.5m ever was but that is not saying much.  I stopped watching 2.5m several years ago and I have been back in forth on cancelling AMs timer as well.

I have watched a few 2.5M with Kutcher but that experiment didn't last long.

BTW, I think Sheen's theatrics was just his way of getting out of a contract.  If they fire you, you aren't breaking the contract.  Just act like a total jerk to the right people and, whoopee, you're released from contractual obligations.

From the link about Sheen's comments:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a455959/charlie-sheen-slams-big-bang-theory-creator-chuck-lorre.html#ixzz2KBYREjJU

Sheen said, "but that show without [Two and a Half Men] as a lead-in is… goodbye."

Excuse me, but BBT is the lead-in for TAAHM!

Sheen is talking about season 3.

The first two seasons of TBBT ranked 68th and 44th in the ratings in its Monday night time slots (8:00PM and then 8:30PM). Then Chuck Lorre had CBS move Big Bang in season 3, to 9:30PM behind the TAAHM and it added 4 million viewers and finished 12th in the ratings. Lorre was smart enough to change the show cranking up Leonard and Penny to full sexy mode, emphasizing Sheldon's craziness, toning down Howard's sleaziness and finally introducing Bernadette and Amy. All those new viewers bought in by folks tuning in after TAAHM saw this new show and obviously liked it and CBS moved TBBT to Thursdays where it flew on its own.

How ironic that TBBT now supports the near lifeless carcass of TAAHM, which would die a deserved death if it were moved from its protected lead-in.

Edited by BangerMain

Sheen is mad because he played himself. He thought he was not replaceable but he was wrong. We all remember the videos of him taunting Chuck and daring Chuck to fire him.

• 3 weeks later...