The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Are You A Dog Person, Or A Cat Person?

Are you a dog person, or a cat person?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

• Dog person!
    • Cat person!
    • Dog person, but I also like cats!
    • Cat person, but I also like dogs!
    • I love both animals equally much!
    • I hate both cats and dogs! Grrrrr!!!!
    • Can I vote for Spock?
    • What a silly poll!

I believe all animals (including homo sapiens) have souls, although I havent the foggiest what happens to these souls after animal dies.

-It seems church does not either.

I believe all animals (including homo sapiens) have souls, although I havent the foggiest what happens to these souls after animal dies.

-It seems church does not either.

Where do your beliefs originate? Do you even know?

You're correct that the church hasn't the foggiest. But what is your excuse?

You have a habit of stating your beliefs without proving a refference. Do they just float around in your head?

have you noticed that animals have personalities, just like humans?

-take a litter of dogs: one puppy is extremely shy, other very curious, third will eat everything, and fourth is very corageous.

same with cats and other animals.

And those of you that have worked on a farm will know that cattle, too, have personalities. Cows, sheep and so on do have distinct personalities that help separate the animals from each other.

-kinda strange, but true!

So, since animals have personalities, they cannot be mere automatons.

I think it's because when they get older cats tend to sleep at home. It's only when they go out that they revert to their normal feline habits(there was a programme on TV recently where they tracked cats outside). Actually it's very soothing having a  calm, puurrrrrrring being around. I see humans as just a small part of the total life force on this planet. Humans aren't special, just lucky(opposable thumbs,tools,etc), but there are alot of animals that are more amazing. Some songbirds can regenerate neural tissue. Humans can't, and that is why we have a sell by date of one hundred and twenty years.

Edited by gaqo

Yes I saw that program about the cats it was very interesting

I have 2 cats myself they don't go outside though as I live on the 1st floor, though they do like looking out the window

The times I have taken them out, to the vet for example they made it clear (the cats) that outside is horrible by wailing like babies and on the bus that's very embarassing!

• Like 1

You should give them a holiday in the countryside. When I lived in Devon, my cat would follow me on four mile walks. I think once they trust you, there's a connection on some level, maybe telepathic!

Animals respond to love.

Now, if animals were just biological robots, they would not respond to love, any more than, say a car would.

But since animals respond to love and other feelings too, they do have a soul!

And with love, I did not mean the kind of love Catweazle used to have when he was a lad growing in a cattle farm.

Yes I saw that program about the cats it was very interesting

I have 2 cats myself they don't go outside though as I live on the 1st floor, though they do like looking out the window

The times I have taken them out, to the vet for example they made it clear (the cats) that outside is horrible by wailing like babies and on the bus that's very embarassing!

Admittedly, when I brought mine home from my local kitty home, she cried on the way out, in her carrier with a paw sticking out, she cried all the way home in the cab and she cried til I got her inside my home. Then she stopped crying. And hid for hours. Took her about 3 days to get used to her new surroundings.

• Like 1

And with love, I did not mean the kind of love Catweazle used to have when he was a lad growing in a cattle farm.

And with love, I did not mean the kind of love Sherminator used to have when he was a lad growing in a cattle farm.

I only saw this on TV, but they spoke to several Norwegians(and they never lie). It seems lazy stags sometimes take a shortcut and swim across the fjords. One day a stag got into trouble and was being carried away by a current. It was thrashing around, desperate. Three killer whales appeared, two placed themselves on either side of the stag, and one behind, and they guided him to shore. I think a real sign of intelligence is empathy for other species. So why do humans kidnap young killer whales from their mothers, and make them do stupid tricks for humans. Let the orcas and dolphins go!

Tenuous link warning! I watched a film called 'REEF', last night. Why is it always a great white shark that menaces people, and not 'Attack of the Evil Sea Urchins!'. I read a spearfishing book, and the author recommended that if you found yourself being stalked by a shark, swim towards it. Imagine, everything swims quickly away when a great white appears. If you start stalking it, it goes against its programming, and freaks it out! 

Tenuous link warning! I watched a film called 'REEF', last night. Why is it always a great white shark that menaces people, and not 'Attack of the Evil Sea Urchins!'. I read a spearfishing book, and the author recommended that if you found yourself being stalked by a shark, swim towards it. Imagine, everything swims quickly away when a great white appears. If you start stalking it, it goes against its programming, and freaks it out!

you'd need a huge pair to try that with a shark, lol, i'd like to see someone try it though.

• Like 1

Is it Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist). 

I think that the clue was in the phase "favourite animal" which rules out vegetable or mineral.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

I bet you can't guess what my favorite animal is.

A monkey?  Because it surely has nothing to do with your avatar... :icon_wink:

A monkey?  Because it surely has nothing to do with your avatar... :icon_wink:

You little monkey! I would have never have guessed.

• Like 1

I bet you can't guess what my favorite animal is.

At least give us a clue?????

Dog person. Own 3 dogs husky, dalmatian, border collie. I can never leave anything laying around or it will disappear or find one tiny piece of it like a murder mystery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Dog person. Own 3 dogs husky, dalmatian, border collie. I can never leave anything laying around or it will disappear or find one tiny piece of it like a murder mystery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Wow big dogs.  We used to have a Husky with one blue eye and one brown eye.  Gorgeous animal...