The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.18 The Contractual Obligation Implementation (Mar. 7)

Your Episode Rating  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

So, it wasn't just me that thought there were more commercials than usual! I was getting a little irritated. 

Anyhoo - Horsey Howard was THE BEST.

• Like 1

I would give it more of a B-.  I really didn't have any big laugh moments.  I am tired of the guys being pathetic when they are together which seems to be a theme recently.

Leonard's rant seemed forced and out of place.  He has Penny and we have always been led to believe he loves his career in science. 

Raj's date was really pretty boring.   Yes, that is how a lot of first dates go (minus the texting) but they don't usually end up on TV.  They used a lot of time for it but it didn't really accomplish anything.  It wasn't really funny and it really didn't advance them as a couple.  I am also left with the question of why she was comfortable in a comic book store but not a less crowded coffee shop and a similiarly crowded library.  For pete sake it is a 3 episode arc, there is no reason for continuity questions.

I really didn't buy Bernadette caring about being a specific princess.  That would have seemed more like an Amy thing.  I think they know we want to see angry Bernadette so now they are just going to make up reasons.

• Like 1

Hmm, can't say I loved this one.  Penny's slutty past has gotten old (plus you'd think she'd quit making constant references to it, especially when it doesn't get a positive reaction).  Amy and Bernie made for pretty princesses though.  Penny looked...disheveled?

Leonard can be such a whiner. I love the guy, but he feels very sorry for himself and it's hard to pity him too much anymore. Get over it already!  His little rap was surprisingly funny though.  Howard's shirtless dance made me LOL.  

Raj's date was mildly cute. I do like the Lucy character, she's quite different. I would like to see more of her.

It was okay but nothing great.  I felt like they could have done more with the kids. Only that one girl even had any questions; seems like they could've done more with that. 

Edited by Europa
  • Like 2

Oh and I am sure someone will do the actual comparison but I agree it seemed heavier on commercial than normal.

Thanks for the link idrive65

Anyhoo back on topic, Horsey Howard was indeed the best

I did a Penny-slap on my bf at that point when he was doing the horsey...and he was very Sheldon like 'Don't get any ideas...LOL'

• Like 1

I think it's because I like the Leonard character so much that his whininess grates on my nerves.  It isn't cute nerdy season 1 Leonard, it's I've Got Issues Leonard.  

I have to hand it to Sheldon, he came up with the way to get women interested (start young), called two female scientists on the phone, and actually worked a compliment in, calling them brilliant, I think?  It was so mature it almost seemed out of character for him.  

• Like 1

The Leonard rap was funny, but his whole complaining schtick was a little cringe-worthy at times. The poor hubs suffers from extreme second-hand embarrassment and had a blanket over his head during Leonard's scenes (except the last one with Penny, which he thought was hilarious).

• Like 1

Grade: A

I loved it. There wasn't a part I didn't like honestly. The car ride to Disney was hilarious with Amy talking about how she got out of work and Bernadette yelling about wanting to be Cinderella. I thought Raj and Lucy's date was adorable and really realistic and it made me laugh a good bit. Especially the puns. I didn't laugh as much at the guys talking to the middle school girls but it was still really funny. I thought Leonard's whining and complaining was really cheesy and an uncalled for addition by the writers, but that was really my only complaint. I thought it was really sweet that Sheldon thought of calling Amy and Bernadette. I thought he should do that the whole time. I thought Amy and Bernadette looked gorgeous as princesses but Penny just looked sort of trashy to me. Oh well. But I thought it was great overall. I've just thought this season was brilliant in general though. I also loved the bit at the end. Especially the part with Sheldon and Amy.

Edited by howwerollintheshire
  • Like 1

Favorite line:  "I don't know if women in general have been discouraged from pursuing the sciences, but it's clear that you girls today have been."

If I wasn't a scientist...they would sure not interest me nohow. 

I watched this episode w/ my parents (first time doing so w/ a new epi), and we all enjoyed it! They kept cracking up with Angry Bernadette, and were really impressed with Leonard's free-style :)

I agree.  When was she supposedly with all these guys, anyway?  She started up with Kurt when she was 17 or 18, until she moved across the hall.

This is one of those TBBT conundrums that you can't make work logically. It's impossible for Penny to have been with all those men unless she started before she started up with Kurt at 17. This whole back story was slapped on to her history in season 4 and they did not even try to have it make sense with what we saw in seasons 1 through 3.

I just try to ignore the drunken slut jokes now

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Great episode! Loved Leonard's freestyle, poor kid he really has issues! Hahaha

I liked that line of Sheldon's to Howard after not challenging the jerk..."Good one, we don't want any trouble"  I like how Sheldon took control of the situation at the middle school

Bernadette and Amy were very pretty... don't know who did Penny's but she didn't look to please herself. 

The Raj and Lucy was just ok to me...tbh I couldn't wait for them to be over so I could see the others.

Howard:  What are you going to google?

Sheldon:  How to get 12 year old girls excited..

Howard and Leonard:  NOOOOOO

Awesome....

• Like 6

Howard:  What are you going to google?

Sheldon:  How to get 12 year old girls excited..

Howard and Leonard:  NOOOOOO

Awesome....

My fave quote in quite some time on TBBT. Oh Sheldon... always makes me laugh.

That was the worst Big Bang Theory episode this season and in a long
time and it's not even close. My word was that bad. The Taping report
read a whole lot better but this episode was garbage. My word.
Seriously, all my reviews every week are so praise worthy so maybe im
just spoiled. Deleted it off my DVR so quick and will not bother
watching this again ever. Best parts were Raj and Lucy. As a huge Penny
fan, they did her a major disservice today. Next episode looks a lot
better but i guess this episode proves you never know, even if the
taping report sounds great, it can come off not looking good. Ugh, D-.

Wow this ep flew by! 

I really enjoyed it, like I said when I was reading the taping report I love the subtle message of women in science vs princesses, it was very cleverly done. There were some great puns in there, the only thing I didn't like was, like many have said, slut!Penny making an appearance again, I thought we were over that. I agree that Sheldon came across as the most mature one of the group, right to the very end, I really liked that. I think my favorite part of the ep is the "How do I get 12 y-o girls excited?"/"NOOOOO!" hahaha. 

Going to watch again :p

Wow this ep flew by! 

I really enjoyed it, like I said when I was reading the taping report I love the subtle message of women in science vs princesses, it was very cleverly done. There were some great puns in there, the only thing I didn't like was, like many have said, slut!Penny making an appearance again, I thought we were over that. I agree that Sheldon came across as the most mature one of the group, right to the very end, I really liked that. I think my favorite part of the ep is the "How do I get 12 y-o girls excited?"/"NOOOOO!"

I've just watched the sneak peek so far, that line was priceless. And Sheldon's expression. :icon_lol:

I also like episodes in which Sheldon uncharacteristically turns out to be the most mature and level-headed one of the group, because it's such a flip. It happened in Love Car Displacement, and this episode sounds like that too. I think it goes to show that where actual science discussions are concerned, Sheldon can be more focused on the issue at hand than the others can. 

• Like 3

This episode didn't really do much for me. I agree that both Mayim and Melissa looked really good as Snow White and Cinderella. I agree with those who thought Penny looked kinda trashy in her princess garb. I thought the taping report said that Penny was supposed to be Jasmine, not Aurora.

A couple of things I've grown really tired of and I wish the writers would move on from already.

1.) The slutty Penny material. It just adds to the trashy image her character has been accused of being and only serves as a disservice to character.

2.) Leonard whining about his goddamn upbringing. Seriously GTF over it already.

I thought Leonard's overzealous attempt at selling science to the young girls was cringe worthy. Kudos to Johnny for being the pro that he is and being able to deliver those lines. Just embarrassingly bad.

• Like 2

Indeed it was Sram to me it felt like the episode was either 18-19 minutes long (sans commercials) in my opinion

It was 20:13. In comparison the previous episodes were 20:29, 21:04, 20:55, and 20:03 so no big difference.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who feels Raj and Lucy sound better on the taping reports than they do on screen? I don't know what it is, but I remember laughing my ass off when I read the lines of the text date on the report but when they came on screen they didn't do much for me. Maybe they are the kind of jokes that only make you laugh once and taking the surprise away ruined the moment...

Weakest ep this season for me. Sheldon and Amy's final scene saved it from being a total farce.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this episode and didn't have a problem with Penny's jokes or Leonard's "performance" in the classroom (it was supposed to be excruciating) or Raj and Lucy's date.

Someone mentioned Lucy going to the comic book store--she said that she had seen the flyer and forced herself to go to the party because she was trying to get over her social anxiety. She wasn't comfortable at the comic book store, she was pushing herself. That was also the case at the coffee shop, which is part of why she ducked out the window.

I do think that the idea of Leonard seeming to resent being forced into science was a little overplayed, but I can also see how in a family like his no other choice would have been acceptable to his parents. But I don't know that we've ever heard that he was all that interested in any other profession. But I still think it was funny.

And I also liked that Sheldon came up with the idea of calling the girls. And I loved Penny's line when Bernie said that a girl could be anything she wanted--"Unless you want to be Cinderella."

And I don't think she was playing it drunk, I think she was just bored. I forget what princess she was supposed to be, though.

I did love Sheldon in this one. Loved the line about the otter and the rock, the misguided google attempt, even his avoidance of "Snow White" at the end. :p

• Like 1

Am I the only one who feels Raj and Lucy sound better on the taping reports than they do on screen? I don't know what it is, but I remember laughing my ass off when I read the lines of the text date on the report but when they came on screen they didn't do much for me. Maybe they are the kind of jokes that only make you laugh once and taking the surprise away ruined the moment...

No, I feel the same. It's not just you. I keep feeling like I'm not getting enough time with them to develop a real interest. But, if I look at screentime, I don't think that's actually the case. So, maybe it is just that I read all the "good stuff" in the taping report...I plan on watching the last 4 episodes unspoiled because I want to be totally surprised for the end of the season. That is going to take a huge amount of willpower of course lol. the taping reports are so good.

**Also, re: the episode overall - I really enjoyed this one. The couple things I could have done without have been said (slutty penny references, whiney Leonard). All-in-all, though, I'm really satisfied by this one!

Edited by shamylove