The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.18 The Contractual Obligation Implementation (Mar. 7)

Your Episode Rating  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Was there a meaning behind the girls as a princess? And, why it triggered Leonard and Howard horny button?

Absolutely none as far as I can see. :mellow:

• Like 1

Was there a meaning behind the girls as a princess? And, why it triggered Leonard and Howard horny button?

None as far as I can see as well

I think it was just that they were dressed up, or maybe they were fantasizing about being Princes or whatever. I think they just thought their girls looked hot and then it was contrasted against Sheldon's non-reaction.

For me the funniest scene was the last one.

But my question is:

Are there guys having hot fantasies with the Disney princess in real life?? I am asking only for curiousity, not judging of course...you know, we girls like princes so...

I am not going to google it to find out but I would be shocked if there wasn't some segment of men and women that have a Disney princess fantasy/fetish.  With that being said I have never heard of one and to me it seems odd. 

You are really just supposed to take the joke at face value but if you want it dissected I can probably come up with a set of reasonable deductions.

Disney starts their heaviest advertising this time of year.  TBBT got paid to incorporate a day at Disney like a product placement.  It would be impossible or way to expensive to shoot the girls in Disneyland especially for such a short segment.  The princess makeovers are extremely popular at both parks and it is the easiest way to give the audience the illusion of them being at DL.  Lastly they needed a joke because it is a sitcom so, when in doubt, go to sex.

Penny is not a character I like but enough with the slut jokes. We know she has slept around in the past,did not pay attention in school which is why she is just a waitress today but is it necessary to bring it up again and again?

I'm one of those old-timers who has watched TBBT from its first

minute and I don't mind the changes, especially this season. It has been

generally great, deserving all the accolades its receiving in the

press.

But here is my take on the

last episode. It seems as if "Contract" was an attempt to remind the

viewers about the earlier characterization of the original 5 while

showing the changes in Amy and Bernadette. The tone seemed a bit off.

This is what I saw:

- Leonard was his old mother-damaged self, lacking in self confidence and wollowing in self-pity (season 2).

-

Sheldon was mature and seemed to be in command. His suggestion on how

to approach the subject of getting females into the sciences and cool

pivot in the classroom to call Amy and Bernadette when Leonard and

Howard went off the rails, reminded us once again of the genius he

supposely is. We haven't seen that since he led the conference "Love

Car".

- Howard was once again the little geeky loser,

butt of jokes and intimadated by even middle schoolers. This was the

Pre-Bernadette Howard.

- Raj, well, he still can't even

talk to a girl who has social phobias worst then his. This is now

beyond not funny, though the texting date idea was clever.

-

Penny. Wow, just when you think they have fully resurrected her image,

she is placed back into the gutter she was thrown in during season 4. I

thought it was telling that they had the other characters look at her

with surprise as she recounted her slutty stories as jokes, based on

actually events. She only wanted to go to Disneyland to get drunk and

ride the rides? She went from being the commander of the "Girl Posse" to

being threathen by the pint-sized Bernadette.

The evil

Bernadette is funny and we are seeing more of this. But calling her

friends "bitches" and offering to fight Penny for an off-hand comment

about wanting to be Cinderella, pushed this to a cringe-worthy edge. So

the sweet little Catholic girl is now completely gone?

Amy

showed off her season changes this episode. She was allowed to actually

look beautiful, as was Bernadette and no defference to Penny at all.

Noticed that Penny looked as bad in that ill-filling Princess dress and

unkempt hair as the other girls looked lovely. Amy was allowed to call

herself "Dr. Fowler", something I don't remember her saying before. Amy

seemed her own person not that Sheldon would notice.

I'm

going to believe that this episode was an aberration as far as

characterization were concerned. It's almost as if all the changes that

we have seen this season must have triggered a response in the writting

staff to revist the character sheet to remind the viewers of what was

suppose to be at the core of each character.

Don't think Penny has ever been acknowledged as the leader by Bernie.Amy yes thinks Penny is Great, but I think Bernie knows she is superior in every respect to Penny.

Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten a non-native fan? What the heck is Chuck talking about in this ep's vanity card?

Thx.

Chuck's cards flash on the screen for one second, which is the duration of what was called "subliminal advertisement". He was alluding to the sequester money as having funding this technique (which is not true). So the lack of funds left subliminal as now "liminal".

Clever.

Don't think Penny has ever been acknowledged as the leader by Bernie.Amy yes thinks Penny is Great, but I think Bernie knows she is superior in every respect to Penny.

Penny sure was scary in 6.06 when she threaten to beat Bernie and Amy with a bag of oranges if they told Leonard about writing her paper.

Still, Bernie did not seem happy about that. And she does give Penny advice as almost a mentor.

This, to me, was this season's "Speckerman Reoccurrence".   Something that didn't seem to have any kind of relevance to the rest of the season, was somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the season (or series), and was just kinda sorta, Ok, but did have some funny one liners.   

• Like 1

It's interesting that at the beginning of this episode, Sheldon said that people shouldn't need help.  Wonder if he considered calling Amy and Bernie as asking for help. 

• Like 1

This entire episode was too tiresome to watch; nothing even faintly amusing and I wanted to laugh. The Raj Lucy thing is meh, she's a web designer and it's prom dresses? How boring is that. Frankly the entire spring season has been dull,dull, dull as opposed to the sparkling fall & winter. What's with the writers? Feh,  someone needs a holiday.

• Like 1

it was good to very good, we can not have

excellent episode every week, can we.

amy story about to get out of work was great

every 2 hours would call them with different problem.

the costumes look cute.-bernie ROCKED,then amy

penny looked liked she did not want 2 b there.

raj-lucy--do not know. did not raj have a plan for

(alex, is that out of the picture) 

It's interesting that at the beginning of this episode, Sheldon said that people shouldn't need help.  Wonder if he considered calling Amy and Bernie as asking for help. 

But he also said that it's okay to use "tools", so maybe he justified in his mind in that way.

Apparently not everyone agrees with me and that's OK but I really liked this episode.  We got to see some development in the Raj-Lucy story, and the guys were totally out of their element with the jr. high girls.  I especially loved the juxtaposition of Bernie and Amy talking about women in science while wearing their princess outfits.  Some may see it as hypocritical, but I see it as a message that women can be valued for their brains and still want to be girly-girl sometimes too. 

• Like 6

Apparently not everyone agrees with me and that's OK but I really liked this episode.  We got to see some development in the Raj-Lucy story, and the guys were totally out of their element with the jr. high girls.  I especially loved the juxtaposition of Bernie and Amy talking about women in science while wearing their princess outfits.  Some may see it as hypocritical, but I see it as a message that women can be valued for their brains and still want to be girly-girl sometimes too. 

The princess thing creeped me out entirely; you do realize that the subliminal message is one of female passivity, that Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are all waiting to be 'rescued' from their situation by the prince. At least Hansel and Gretel together killed the witch; give me Grimm any day over Disney.

Edited by annieogly
  • Like 1

The princess thing creeped me out entirely; you do realize that the subliminal message is one of female passivity, that Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are all waiting to be 'rescued' from their situation by the prince. At least Hansel and Gretel together killed the witch; give me Grimm any day over Disney.

Well, it is true what you are saying about Disney characters. And the paper of woman is not the only bad point they have. But they are part of our childhood ´s fantacies. Which girl/woman doesn´t want to visit Cinderella castle one day?

I'm not into the princess thing either myself, but I'm not offended if other people are.  The twist in this episode is that the girls actually came to the guys' rescue.

• Like 1

It was okay, but definitely not more than that. Watching the episode felt a bit unpleasant to me, because of the switching between the three different storylines. It felt like cutting and pasting.

The scene with Leonard, Sheldon and Howard at the middleschool actually started off good for me, with Leonard trying way too hard and Sheldon starting his speech with 'Dear female children'. I liked it, but the rest of their storyline was quite tedious.

Raj's date with Lucy was okay. The autocorrect joke was performed pretty sloppy, they could have made more out of it.

What really annoyed me during the episode was Penny. Her slutty jokes are just uncomfortable to watch, espacially the one about the 34 year old guy. Even kinda creeped me out. I don't know how, but even dresses like a princess, they still managed to make her look like a drunk slob.

It was okay, but definitely not more than that. Watching the episode felt a bit unpleasant to me, because of the switching between the three different storylines. It felt like cutting and pasting.

The scene with Leonard, Sheldon and Howard at the middleschool actually started off good for me, with Leonard trying way too hard and Sheldon starting his speech with 'Dear female children'. I liked it, but the rest of their storyline was quite tedious.

Raj's date with Lucy was okay. The autocorrect joke was performed pretty sloppy, they could have made more out of it.

What really annoyed me during the episode was Penny. Her slutty jokes are just uncomfortable to watch, espacially the one about the 34 year old guy. Even kinda creeped me out. I don't know how, but even dresses like a princess, they still managed to make her look like a drunk slob.

I agree, they have really done a number on Penny since they introduced the two new female characters. It's really sad, she used to be so lovely. Penny would help everyone and seemed much nicer as a character. They have taken this away to give the other two roles in the guys lives and unfortunately left Penny with a lot of negatives. :(

Rewatched this one last night as it was shown on Tele here in Australia.  Watched it with my partner and the only laugh he gave was when Howard made out he was a horse.  How did Penny afford to play dressups - surely that would have cost quite a bit of money.  It's this seasons "Speckerman."

A lot of the episodes this season was very hit and miss with me...this one was just...meh

I'll start by saying...Penny...GET. SOME. HELP.

1. I like the whole princess thing (Except the Penny/Lenored ending)...is that real?, but Bernie took waaaaaay too seriously... (I mean you're going to cosplay as a fictional character. though she did look nice in her outfit.)

2. The moment I read that episode title that they were going to speak with 12 YO girls...I knew I wasn't gonna care for it much, but at least the girls didn't talk much and wasn't mind-numbingly stupid.,,but over all it was just...meh

3. I do approve of Raj/Lucy. I think she's perfect for him, though I do wonder how she'll play out with the other girls... (Nice to know I'm not the only girl who's afraid to talk to people.)

Overall I'd give this episode a C+

This was easily the worst episode for Penny in at least a year. Why did they give her those appaling slut jokes where the other characters looked at her like she had Turette Syndrome. Penny is the one who is suppose to have the most social skills yet she blurts out that she played hooky from school to screw some 34 year old guy in a motel?

Why would they do this to her character? To remind us that she was/is a semi-pro?

• Like 1

This was easily the worst episode for Penny in at least a year. Why did they give her those appaling slut jokes where the other characters looked at her like she had Turette Syndrome. Penny is the one who is suppose to have the most social skills yet she blurts out that she played hooky from school to screw some 34 year old guy in a motel?

Why would they do this to her character? To remind us that she was/is a semi-pro?

Because it is an easy joke to write....utterly predictable and unimaginative...

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Because it is an easy joke a write....utterly predictable and unimaginative...

Maybe... Unless they can make something of it before the end of the year? Otherwise, yes, why

They are not stupid so why are they padding out the ep with this lame joke (esp the "Luthor" bit, though "Clothes back on" was funny to me and not harsh, rather in character and just risque).

I can't see a motive, though I did try to manufacture one elsewhere.

Perhaps there is a reveal to come or it is just that these jokes come in sets of three and they tried too hard (or not hard enough).