Raj And Lucy Thread (Please No Major Spoilers And No Hating On Them)

Superlovelexi

Okay, so I'm going take a risk and get the ball rolling on this now cause I'm already excited about this new potiental couple I can't help it.  I know Chuck Lorre said not to get too excited about it, BUT I AM!  I like being excited about my favorites shows so sue me lol. :icon_biggrin:  I know some fans don't want another girl character on the show and some don't want to see more relationship drama stuff either, but I'm fine with it just as long as she's funny interesting character  and fits in with the rest of the gang somehow.   I just want to see how Raj is going to deal with it all, good and bad.  Its something new for him so that excites me.

My first impression of Lucy in V-day episode was that she seems nerdy and shy, but sweet.  I love her name already because I am a HUGE I LOVE LUCY fan.  I liked her colorful Bee t-shirt and that she doesn't dress like the other girls on show, but still dresses like a nerd and colorful like Sheldon does.  Her outfit seemed a mix of Sheldon, Bernadette and Penny lol

I hope the wardrobe department continue to put her in cute t-shirts like the Bee one.   I think Lucy might be different type of girl from other three main girls already on the show and (Alex though i haven't ruled her out either as a love interest cause I like her too), I can already tell from Lucy's first scene on the show she's unusual.  She sees more of a quiet type girl, but she was still confident enough to go up and talk to a guy so thats good.   I have feeling she's weird/quirky like how Dale is on the show.  She reminded me so much of Dale in her first scene on show with her mannerisms and look.  I wonder if they are meant to be related somehow that would be so cool if she turns out to be Dale's sister or maybe his cousin.  He didn't look too happy to see Raj leave with her either so who knows he could be jealous older brother type lol

Of course its most important that Lucy get along with the whole gang and that they like her (especially Sheldon lol) if she's going to have any sort of a chance at becoming a long term girlfriend.  I mean there's still Alex too think about, but maybe Alex can be with Stuart someday  :)

Amy, Bernadette and Penny how do you think they will take to Lucy?  Will they eventually invite her to their girls nights or will they shun her like she's a Priya/Alex type who the girls feel threatenened by for hooking up with Raj.  I hope Penny, Amy and Bernadette are nice to her.  I like to see women being good friends on tv and not just acting bitchy towards each other or fighting over men all the time.  Since none of the three main girls are interested in Raj anyway they should be okay with her I would think.  

Can we call them JUCY as their ship name?   I think Jucy sounds like a sexy shipper name, but i won't take credit for it I read it on youtube somewhere by another fan.  Any other suggestions for Ship names?

I wonder what Lucy does for a living too.   Do ya'll think she may be a scientist?  Or maybe she does something different like maybe she's artistic like Stuart or maybe she's a writer that would be cool. :)

Go ahead post your thoughts or ideas about the new couple.  But PLEASE AT LEAST BE POLITE, if you don't like them or if you do not want another couple on show thats fine I can respect that, but please don't just bash those of us who want to enjoy it or spend whole bunch of time arguing about it thats not really what thread is for and it wont' change outcome of anything either so lets not go there.   This thread is really to discuss the possibilities of this new couple and for fans that actually want to see where this new relationship may go..  If Raj and Lucy don't end up working out for very long thats okay too, but I liked to at least give it a chance and have fun talking about it with other fans who are into the idea as well. :)  Thank you.

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 4

Chuck Lorre said not to get too excited about it?  I hadn't heard that.  Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to seeing Raj happy for a change, and I love the casting.  Kate Micucci was adorable on Scrubs.  She played the ukulele, and it would be great if she played here too.  The ukulele would be fun in a duet with Amy on the harp.

Since they met at the comic book store, it's likely that Lucy shares that interest, which should make the people happy who wanted to see a girl be interested in some of the nerd stuff other than science.

• Like 1

Chuck Lorre said not to get too excited about it?  I hadn't heard that.  Hmmm.

Well that was super early on back at Comic Con 2012, when fan asked about Raj possibly getting a girlfriend someday, he said that they had a love interest planned for season six, but told audience not to get to get to excited and instead wait til you see it.  He may have just been being coy in the moment I'm not sure exactly what he meant by that.

I am not sure what to expect here.  If she is going to be a permanent member of the cast I suppose she will have to be accepted into the girls group or she will get about as much screen time as Stuart.  I think it would be funny if she were this sweet innocent mousy girl in groups but when you get her alone she turns into this dark daredevil type. 

• Like 1

I am not sure what to expect here.  If she is going to be a permanent member of the cast I suppose she will have to be accepted into the girls group or she will get about as much screen time as Stuart.  I think it would be funny if she were this sweet innocent mousy girl in groups but when you get her alone she turns into this dark daredevil type. 

LOL, i was thinking the same thing. It would be great if she did some sort Jekyll and Hyde, or somesort crazy nervous twitch / Tourettes syndrome thing.

Don't know anything about her, but she appears to be in the next couple of episodes.  I think Raj with girl would be a great change.  That Raj & Stuart bromance thing imo was a bust from the start, and got less appealing - borderline repulsive. 

• Like 1

If she sweet, mousy and innocent on outside and dark devil crazy sex pot when she's alone with Raj that would be hot.   It would also make her lot like Bernadette, minus the over the top cutsey voice lol

I wonder what Rajs parents will think about him dating a Non-Indian girl though, they might try to ruin it for him and take his money away again.

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

If she sweet, mousy and innocent on outside and dark devil crazy sex pot when she's alone with Raj that would be hot.   It would also make her lot like Bernadette, minus the over the top cutsey voice lol

I wonder what Rajs parents will think about him dating a Non-Indian girl though, they might try to ruin it for him and take his money away again.

That's a good one. Maybe an S&M dominatrix thing...whips and chains with Raj in the leather cat women outfit again.

• Like 1

It could set up a scene where she goes over-the-top crazy on him to scare the selective mutism out of him.  That could be funny.

I really hope they don't do the parents cutting him off thing because it doesn't make a lot of sense.  He makes his own money and lives in a modest apartment.  If they are brought into it I hope they just settle if Lucy is a permanent girlfriend.

• Like 1

That's a good one. Maybe an S&M dominatrix thing...whips and chains with Raj in the leather cat women outfit again.

Well Raj did seem to like roleplaying sex games with that one friend of Sheldon's that was a total nympho.  He got into character quick and locked the others out so he'd have her all to himself that was hilarious.   I'm sure fanfics were written about that scene back in day lol

As for parents, yeah they should accept it, if he wants to date a white girl as long as she's not trying take advantage of how much money he has like deaf chick was.  I doubt they'll repeat that with Lucy.  But I would like to see her learning more about his Indian culture or maybe since Raj isn't that into his culture, she can be super into it and they can do another dream sequence Bollywood number with the two of them lol

Edited by Superlovelexi

On career/job... for one thing I hope she is not a scientist.  I would like it if she is super smart but bounces from one job to another especially if she keeps showing up unexpectantly in their lives.  Like make her the manager of the cheesecake factory for awhile and then have her deliver packages to the guys at the university.  Librarian, mechanic, plumber, etc. 

It would be a take on the Amy Skype ambushes.  When you least expect it... BANG... there she is.

ETA:  Lenny go away for a romantic getaway.  RIng the bell for hotel assistance and she bounces up from behind the counter.

The joke would be constantly having some outlandish reason for losing a job and some ridiculous method for getting a new one.

Edited by Ar Diem
  • Like 1

Haha I just hope if she has a normal job and not a doctorate, Sheldon doesn't take her to task all time way he does to Howard or Penny for not having one.  It would be kind of cool if she was a comic book delivery girl or the daughter of a comic book legend that would make the guys like her if she was really into what they are into too and she could explain comic books to girls who don't really get them.   It would also explain why she was at Stuart's shop in first place.

Haha but, I like the Skype Wham BaM Thank You Lucy idea too.  Though if she is a scientist or interested in science I hope its in a really unusual field like maybe she's someone who volunteers for all sorts of strange experiments and they've left her with all kinds of weird side effects that pop up unexpectantly every now and again. :)

• Like 1

If Lucy tries to pinch Sheldon that would be cute and funny, but Sheldon might end up throwing the biggest B-fit ever about it lol. You know how he is about people touching him, especially strangers.

I always say the last thing any reasonable character on this show should want do is get on Sheldon's bad side IMO lol sure its funny when people mess with Shelly, but he will  eventually destroy you to get his way! 

He's a super villian like that. Look what happened to girlfriends like Leslie or Priya, if Sheldon doesn't like a girlfriend character of one of his friends he will make everyone's life hell til she's gone.   He always gets his way in the end.  She better hope Shelly likes her or at least is willing to tolerate her like he does with Penny and Bernadette. 

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

I am hoping to like them together... I also hope she is weird... really weird.

I'd like an episode where they attempt to double date with each of the other couples.

First Howard and Bernadette, they want to like her! They want her to like them! These 2 have skin in the game! And their intensity causes Lucy extreme anixety.

Second, the decidedly more mellow Leonard and Penny. I don't know what exactly needs to go wrong on this one, maybe one of them tells a joke about waiters not washing their hands... Whatever happens must be worse than what happened on the first date.

Sheldon and Amy win her over because they are willing to do have the date over skype each with Instant messenger open, so they can comminicate with each other when there is no talking. Instead of talking shit about people, they pepper her with interesting factiods.Their emotional reserve around strangers makes her feel comfortable. Eventually, she will develop the same girl crush on Amy that Amy had on Penny.

• Like 1

Oh wow I really like those idea Chaliceinnana,  double dates are always funny and idea of Lucy developing a girl crush on Amy is just EPIC!  It would be so funny to see Amy reacting to having someone actually admire her the way she admires Sheldon and Penny lol. 

I wonder if Howard will be just a little bit jealous of Lucy like he was when Raj became bffs with Stuart or will he just be happy for Raj finding a woman.  I also think it be funny if Bernadette and Lucy have a spat over their men like how Amy and Bernadette had one.  I think it be funny if at first everyone thinks Bernadette will WIN, but instead Lucy turns out to be an even more formidable opponent and actually scares Bernadette lol.

• Like 1

Well, tonight we learned that I was wrong in my prediction that Lucy likes comic books.  It will be interesting to see how her social anxiety manifests itself.  As far as Stuart, I like him.  He has had some good lines this season and the delivery has been spot-on.  I'm not a fan of him being BFFs with Raj, though.

I was surprisingly touched by her explanation of how she is around people.  That was well acted, totally authentic.

I don't want to speculate too much on what her character will turn out to be like, but I'm definitely intrigued.

• Like 3

I think she's ADORABLE!!  I loved how she came back to comic book store to try and find Raj and then went to his apartment and told him the truth about why she bailed.  I like that Raj finally has a girl that is lot like him in that she has issues with talking to people too and yet she obviously wants to come out of her shell. 

I think Kate the actress did great job making Lucy seem vulnerable and nervous, but still very sweet.   I like that she's not exactly like any of the other girls already on show and has her own style and personality going on.  The way she just says "Text me"  Bye and walks away was too cute. 

She may not be into comic books, but thats okay none of the other girls are on show either so at least that gives them all one thing in common lol and maybe we'll see her hanging out more there just to be around Raj.

I actually like Raj and Stuart as friends, I mean I think Howard and Raj were bffs first so their relationship to me is special, but now that Howard has a wife and Raj has a potential girlfriend/love interest...I still hope find a way to keep Stuart in the mix and don't just totally ignore his character now.  I could see him getting even more depressed even worst than Raj was in this episode now that Raj will be busy with Lucy. 

Also, I'm still confused as to whether Stuart is still staying with Raj.  I guess not because that apartment was a mess and Stuart wasn't there trying to help get Raj out of the house or to clean up the mess.  But, they never said whether or not Stuart found his own place or went back to sleeping at the comic book store at night because he is so broke.

• Like 3