The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Superlovelexi

Raj And Lucy Thread (Please No Major Spoilers And No Hating On Them)

I think he was just read ting to the situation as a whole... A kind of mindset like "if even she runs away from me what hope do I have" I think he saw what happened as a sign he would be alone forever... Which I'm not agreeing with just lookijg through the eyes of the love lost loser

I am "on board" with Lucy so far.  I do say so far.  I think that the reason Chuck may have said not to get too excited, is they will of course be testing the characters together to see how well it works- AND if she gets a majority audience approval.  I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes!  I think in reply to how he is talking to her without being drunk, is he may not have been around her while sober yet?  I'm not sure though.  Right now I see her as what we have described here as good to see with Rag.-- a nerd herself, yet not anything obnoxious.  I have yet to determine if she is obnoxious yet or not lol.  We just haven't seen enough yet.  I wouldn't really venture to say this should stick until some time goes on to see how it works.  

I think he was just read ting to the situation as a whole... A kind of mindset like "if even she runs away from me what hope do I have" I think he saw what happened as a sign he would be alone forever... Which I'm not agreeing with just lookijg through the eyes of the love lost loser

Yeah but at the time the only thing he knew about her was that she was in a comic book store on VD.  He didn't know she had social problems.  Unless he thought she was ugly there was no other reason to react abnormally to another rejection.

I mean we kind of know the biggest reason was a plot device to laugh at him acting pathetic but I do think we are supposed to also sense some chemistry between them.

Obviously we can't really know until more of the story is told or we read spoilers.

yes but he did know that she was  a girl who had literally climbed out a tiny bathroom to get away from him.  I think that because he didn't know about her social problems probably made it worse because he figured that no girl would ever like him and the fact that a normal girl would go through so much trouble to sneak away was definitely an emotional blow that forced him to lock himself away.

This character is sort of perfect for the show. Since she had social problems she can be referred to but not actually be in an episode because she has trouble being around people. They could do a whole episode about Raj trying to get her to come to a takeout night at Leonard and Sheldon's, which she doesn't show in the end, and the character doesn't even have to be seen in the episode. She would be too shy to hang with the girls but they could use her in later episodes, like the just did with Alex. She is actually perfect for Raj because she doesn't have to be a regular character like Amy and Bernadette.

yes but he did know that she was  a girl who had literally climbed out a tiny bathroom to get away from him.  I think that because he didn't know about her social problems probably made it worse because he figured that no girl would ever like him and the fact that a normal girl would go through so much trouble to sneak away was definitely an emotional blow that forced him to lock himself away.

He has regularly faced that reality since the beginning of the show and even more since Howard met Bernadette.  The fact she was having coffee with him at all made that night a bigger success than normal.

I like that they said she's a web designer.  It's close enough to science and tech without being exactly in the field.  Texting in the library was a cute date.  Somehow they have to get him over the hurdle of talking to her without alcohol, though.  It'll be interesting to see how the writers work that out.

• Like 2

I'm definitely beginning to like Lucy more now that she's been in a few episodes. The "panic attack, maybe next time!" bail made me grin - it was fantastic.  :icon_lol:

Lucy was pretty good in last nights episode. I really hope they are going to use her to get Raj out of being mute around girls.

In my opinion, I like how it's working so far.  I noticed no spoilers here, not sure if that means once it's been aired, but some may not have had a chance to see it?--  Anyway, the way the did the date I thought worked well.

Edited by mobildj

Lucy....I think she will follow the same pattern as the other girlfriends. She doesn´t like comic books and probably games either, so one day we will see her in a meeting with the other girls (yes, Penny will "tame" her and her "meeting people fear) talking about how strange/childish activities their men like :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I like the idea of Raj and Lucy together.

I think that Raj's confidence can be bolstered if he has to be the strong one in the relationship, rather than the pathetic guy lusting after some hot woman who will barely tolerate him or wants to use him, or whatever.

Lucy needs someone with whom she can feel safe, Raj needs someone who will cut him some slack for being awkward and shy.

I liked the idea of the library date--and the fact that he must have drawn on his "Koothraparty" planning skills to come up with the idea of the date after the "Council of Ladies" got distracted by the idea of going to Disneyland... :)

Maybe in the season finale he'll blurt something out to her without having had any alcohol. :)

• Like 1

Just saw their adorable texting date for first time.  Loved it.  I really hope they keep this couple together for awhile and help Raj and Lucy slowly dealing with their social anxiety issues.  I like how at end she almost kissed him, but couldn't that makes Sheldon not only one uncomfortable with physical intimacy so maybe when they meet they can discuss how much they don't like to be touched by other people or how they feel awkward socially together the way Amy and Raj did at Girls night Christmas party. 

I also think it be funny for some reason to see them do another texting date over the phone only have Lucy with a new phone that just so happens to have Siri's voice and Raj doesn't like it cause he thinks of Siri as an ex-girlfriend, but doesn't want Lucy to know that part of his past lol. Could lead to some pretty hilarious jokes.

• Like 1

I love them together! And I agree with phanta, that having Raj as the "stronger" one in the relationship will make him step it up.

I hate the way the girls just dismissed him, and his problem, and they didn't seem interested/flattered that he even asked them for their advice.

That scene was disappointing to me, as well as Penny acting like a disgruntled tag-along with the girls.

I'm hoping things will look up next week!

I hope they find a way to keep the character lucy. Kate Micucci is a very talented and funny comedian, actress and song writer. She would be a terrific addition to the cast.

Edited by wayelrob

I'm a bit surprised she wasn't in the Closet episode.

I don't want it to seem that I'm chasing you around the forum or anything (I responded to your comments about Lucy in the Closet episode thread), but I think it was right that she was not involved because the focus of the story was on the tight circle of Howard's friends and her presence would have been a distraction to that point.

I don't want it to seem that I'm chasing you around the forum or anything (I responded to your comments about Lucy in the Closet episode thread), but I think it was right that she was not involved because the focus of the story was on the tight circle of Howard's friends and her presence would have been a distraction to that point.

LOL, I just responded to you in the other thread. Yeah, It was right for Lucy to be excluded.

LOL, I just responded to you in the other thread. Yeah, It was right for Lucy to be excluded.

But also right for her to be included in the episode being taped tomorrow night.  I have no idea what it might be, but I think they said at Paley that she would be back in 6.21.

I hope we get to see Lucy with Raj again before the season is over.  

We will.  They're interating in 6.23. 

• Like 1