The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigBangFan92

Can You Imagine Sheldon With A Serious Girlfriend?

How many of you think it would be odd to see Sheldon in a 'proper' relationship. Question is.. who would it be?

I would imagine it would be Amy.. just because of there relationship at the moment. Could you imagine anyone different?

Or if a new character came along and was made for Sheldon.. what characteristics would she have?

:D

Amy was made for Sheldon. Unfortunately, they completely changed her character from what she was in Season 4, so much so that I don't think she's fit to be Sheldon's "girlfriend" anymore. I don't even like the 'girlfriend' scenario: I enjoyed the "girl who's a friend" relationship better.

Even though I enjoyed their Season 4 relationship, I didn't expect it to go on for this long and this far. Talks of coitus and marriage have already started to surface, which in my opinion would take away some of the unique features that Sheldon has. These talks simply astonish me as well. Furthermore, it would make the previous Sheldon from the earlier Seasons look like a complete and utter hypocrite, so when I'm watching the re-runs I'll be thinking, "you won't be saying that in a few years".

So no, I still can't imagine Sheldon with a "girlfriend" in the colloquial sense.

• Like 4

Sheldon was a strong character on his own. But it comes down to how they have the character react to a girlfriend and sex.

They could have picked him a extreme nerd girlfriend, who he met online gaming. If they formed a bond as gamers first, they could easily introduce sexual tension. Playing games releases all kinds of emotion. Sheldon could scream 'I love you' when she cuts down an opponent, saving his character. It wouldn't be difficult to write. Or they could have a female who is similar to his mother. Not a christian but am old fashioned type girl like Bernadette. He has a real weakness for women who tell him what to do. A kindly person like her (without the voice) could suit him too.

Edited by Moonbase

Is it truly that unbelievable to have two people who are boyfriend/girlfriend to NOT make coitus the have all/be all in the relationship?

Does NO ONE save themselves for marriage any more??

• Like 1

Can you imagine sheldon without pants?

-I can! -Catweazle

You mean you can't? :icon_redface:

Edited by Moonbase

Why can't Sheldon have a girlfriend? I think he can and he has shown to be capable of doing things with Amy and also Penny and with Romona (sorry I can't spell names) and taking A/B/P to dance nicely in the Austrian way

Edited by wannamaker

Why can't Sheldon have a girlfriend? I think he can and he has shown to be capable of doing things with Amy and also Penny and with Romona (sorry I can't spell names) and taking A/B/P to dance nicely in the Austrian way

Ramona and Sheldon had a true 'relationship of the mind'. She never wanted anything physical, she just admired his brain. If she had not been crazy, she would have made an amazing girlfriend. I also think the chemistry was good because she was feminine. I think Sheldon needs a feminine girlfriend because of his gentle nature. 

sheldon could easily be taken over by some overbearing and possessive woman.

Just imagine a big black lady taking over sheldons household and bossing him about the place!!!

-now that would be fun.

Absolutely not. I'll admit I was intrigued by Amy at first but the novelty wore off. Half the time I feel bad for him because Amy passively complains about the lack of intimacy all the time! Also, with all the other characters paired up now I think we need someone to stay single to appeal to those - like me - who get incredibly bored of relationship oriented story lines.

As much as I am a shenny shipper I actually agree with this.

• Like 1