Season 2 DVD

United States & Canada (Region 1)

Warner Bros. Home Video have not yet announced the DVD in the United States, but Amazon.com are taking pre-orders.

United Kingdom (Region 2)

British e-tailer Play.com indicate the 4-disc set will be released October 19th, they are taking pre-orders now for £16.99.

No cover-art is available for either, nor is there any word on special features yet.

so that means season three i'ts only coming in the next semester rigth? o.o

Season 3 will almost certainly start in September. These days, the releases of DVDs in the U.S. are scheduled to come around the time of the next season.

• 4 weeks later...

DVD Times is reporting that Season 2 of The Big Bang Theory will be coming to DVD in the U.S. & Canada on September 15th. You can pre-order the DVD now for just $28.99 from Amazon.com.

The 4-disc set will contain all 23 episodes of the show's second season, presented in their original widescreen aspect ratio, with 2.0 stereo sound and subtitled in French, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese and Thai. Extras and cover-art are not yet available.

The U.K. Region 2 release date of the DVD has already been announced as October 19th, it can be pre-ordered for £15.98 from Amazon.co.uk.

TVShowsOnDVD.com has the full press release issued by Warner Bros. for the upcoming Season 2 DVD of The Big Bang Theory. It reveals the extras that will be on the set, released September 15th in the U.S. & Canada and October 19th in the U.K.

The bonus features are: a Gag Reel, a featurette looking at the show's characters and a featurette looking at the show's real-life physicist, Dr. David Saltzberg. Art-work isn't yet available.

View the full release at TVShowsOnDVD.com.

GAG REEL \O/ YEAH! I just love those *-* season 1 dvd didn't have it, too bad ç_ç but thank got there is in season 2 o/ gag realls for this mshow must be extremely funny xD I mean, those actors have to say a lot of big words every episode. I"m really looking foward to jimmy parsons gags xD

• 2 weeks later...

omg just LOVED the cover-art *---* so funny xD and I seriously doubt that sheldon's IQ it's only 180 o.O I would bet something arround 250. I think it's their height actually xD in centimeters of course. although, even so, sheldon would be smaller then I though o.O and if there's any gramar/spelling mistake in my post, I just woke up

yeah, when I was writing my post I remebered it. but then I realized that it isn't much of a diference, so I erased what I was going to say xD like I said, I was very sleepy at the time. but whatever, it still is a very funny cover \o/

• 2 months later...

I think it will have the same cover in the end. That says Artwork TBC, so I don't think it's the cover they'll use. They haven't yet submitted it for official classification (age rating), so they'll probably wait until then to put the real cover art on. Also, Amazon.co.uk are have two product pages up for this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0028BAWU2/the8simplrule-21 & http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002JF3FS8/the8simplrule-21 I don't know why.

In the pilot, they say they have a combined IQ of 360, Leonard is 172, so that means (assuming 360 is a rough generalization) that Sheldon is somewhere around 180-195.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember an episode were specifically Leonard's IQ is mentioned.

In the pilot Leonard says they have a combined IQ of 360 and in episode s01e11 Sheldon says that his IQ is 187. So 360 - 187 = 173 for Leonard's IQ.

I think it will have the same cover in the end. That says Artwork TBC, so I don't think it's the cover they'll use. They haven't yet submitted it for official classification (age rating), so they'll probably wait until then to put the real cover art on.

[...]

I hope so. I prefer the other cover

That sucks celebalqua, maybe they'll surprise you and release it at the same time as Europe? You could always find the code for your DVD player to make it multi region and import a copy. I wonder if they'll release a Blu Ray?

That sucks celebalqua, maybe they'll surprise you and release it at the same time as Europe? You could always find the code for your DVD player to make it multi region and import a copy.

Tell me about it. But as I have all the eps by surreptitious means :icon_twisted: I'm not desperate and can wait.

Cel

Tell me about it. But as I have all the eps by surreptitious means :icon_twisted: I'm not desperate and can wait.

Can't blame you for that...I have also indulged in prosecutable methods of procuring the season 2 episodes :p

But i will buy the DVD as well so that somewhat eases my reprehensible conscience lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...