The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Kitka

What Book Are You Reading?

Better by Amy Robach. About her battle with Stage 2 Breast Cancer. In September 2013 GMA producer ask her (40 at the time with Two young Daughters) to get a on air Mammogram for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. She initially refused (because she was 40, had no family history and felt like ti was too much for Morning TV) but was finally talk into it by Robin Roberts. She got the mammogram on October 1. after several weeks she was called to do some more testings and scheduled a doctor appointment. on October 29 she found she had Breast cancer while at the doctor appointment. 

She ended up getting Bilateral Mastectomy (during which they found a another cancerous tumor that was missed) and went through 8 rounds of Chemo, reconstructive surgery and then radiation

amy 1.jpg

I stopped on the 'la lignée' The Strain, this makes me too upest.

Edited by Denzel

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman.

Mixed feelings on it so far, hope it picks up a bit.

I am reading  a comic book about Holocaust  that is just a brilliant taken on the subject. It is not a new brand book , it is not easy to read for the theme but it is worth reading.

"MAUS" by Art Spielgman.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of the Witcher games especially the Witcher 3 so I am now reading the books the characters and the world is based on. The English translation of Andrzej Sapkowski 's first book in the series.

Edited by Jonny

This morning I finished reading Around the Moon by Jules Verne concluding all that I cared to read from Seven Novels by Jules Verne, a Barnes & Noble publication.

First I read Around the World in Eighty Days, then I read Journey to the Centre of the Earth; Then I read Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and then I read From the Earth to the Moon and today, I finished reading Around the Moon.

I haven't read Five Weeks in a Balloon or The Mysterious Island; but I'm okay with that, I bought the book to read what I've read and now today I've finished, was great.

I can now say I've read Jules Verne.

I've got this book that has everything Edgar Allan Poe has ever wrote that I haven't read yet; but I've read Edgar Allan Poe; might read that next if not go out and buy Dracula by Bram Stoker and read that.