The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

How Should The Show End?

The show should end with the elevator being fxed. 

Yeah, I dream big.

• Like 4

I love that idea. :)  

I'd like to see it end in some simple way, not a big schmaltzy scene with marriage and/or babies. Those things are fine, but I'd rather see them scattered throughout the final season and not saved for a finale.

Yeah, I dream big.

Then all seven of them step into it and it drops like they're in the tower of terror and all we hear are their screams. LOL :p

• Like 2

Then all seven of them step into it and it drops like they're in the tower of terror and all we hear are their screams. LOL :p

So, it all started with a big bang and it will all end with a big splash... I like the way you think, Madam.

• Like 2

I LOVE the idea of the elevator finally getting fixed.  They all get in it, and it gets stuck!  While waiting to be rescued there is so much potential for comedy.  Also they talk, reflecting on the past years together, seeing past scenes that were particularly good from each season.  THEN, the elevator lets loose and the free fall lol. (but they are ok of course)

I'm siding with the let-it-go-on-forever team. :shy:

^ This was my heart speaking (because it will be broken whenever it ends). Practically, I think it should end around season 9/10. And I love the 'smart and beautiful and real' and the elevator-getting-fixed ideas.

When the show ends my life will enter a new paradigm. The hypothesis that I have formulated is that I will retreat into the matrix of series reruns and box set overload. The only way to avoid that outcome is to find and enter the parallel universe where TBBT does not end.

• Like 1

LOVE IT!

Outside of that, it would be cool if Sheldon pulled off the yellow tape and said BAZINGA! It worked the whole time. (he secretly fixed it)

• Like 1

That would be a great ending!

Yeah, I dream big.

It should definitively end with a bazinga.

Yes, everything after the night he fell asleep with the fish nightlight on was a dream & never happened... BAZINGA!

No, that wouldn't work, since it would negate seasons 2 & 3. What season was the episode where Penny sang him Soft Kitty, then he told her he was going to sleep and to get out? Maybe everything after that could get tossed out.

Yes, everything after the night he fell asleep with the fish nightlight on... was a dream & never happened... BAZINGA!

:D I think so too!

Each couple buy a house on the same street. 

Next to each other, across the street from each other, up to you! 

Each couple buy a house on the same street. 

Next to each other, across the street from each other, up to you! 

I actually read that as 'Each couple buy a HORSE on the same street'. Was very confused for a few mins...  :blush: 

• Like 2

Alll I know is I want to see the last scene being with Sheldon and Leonard turning off the lights to their now empty apartment. Thre end.

• Like 1

penny should get pregnant... then not tell anyone... later on sheldon finds out and he has to keep it a secret untill she is sure she wants to keep the baby or not

then in the last couple episodes everyone knows she is pregnant and last episode gives birth? LAME, lol i know

but her just getting pregnant would be pretty epic

as for Amy and sheldon... in last episode, they have sex? x]

AND TALL

Sheldon wins a Nobel Prize and puts Leonard, Raj and Howard in his acceptance speech. He then expects a party and a celebration but instead sees Leonard and Penny stealing his thunder by announcing they're having twins.

Leonard says "our babies will be smart and beautiful", while Sheldon is trying to get everyone's attention in the background, but eventually says "and real", as someone else had said in this topic.

I don't know where Amy and Bernadette are, maybe just in the background congratulating Penny and Leonard.

Penny a mother? This shits comical.

I honestly have doubts that Leonard and Penny will be together by shows end. Even Ross and Rachel on Friends didn't end up together at the end, despite accidentally having a kid.

if they do end up together I would like to see it play out and atleast have a season or two with the babies involved.

I'm not sure at this point I care. To some people the show died and became reincarnated awhile ago.

Sheldon and Amy's wedding. Leonard and Penny announce that Penny's pregnant with twins. The final scene would be.

Leonard: Our babies will be smart and beautiful

Sheldon: And real

That was in the first 5 minutes of the series so makes sense.

I would love to see this end that all couples are happy together (Penny/Leonard, Shamy and Howardette which is Howard and Bernadette) and Penny and Leonard have one or two babies (so the line "Our babies will be smart and beautiful" comes true) and Penny should become a great actress. Sheldon should win a Nobel Prize  and Amy is proud of him and Mary Cooper of course too or Amy should win it  (the Nobel Prize) and Sheldon is proud of her. I see Raj as a Party planner ´cause he´s so good at this.Bernadette and Howard are also happy together and Mrs Wolowitz (Howards mum)  keeps screaming *LOL*

Since Kaley is getting commercial jobs on the side, use them as Penny's career taking off and being discovered as a great actress. So by the time the series comes to a close she & Leonard are married since she finds Leonard to be the only real man to have ever come into her life. She receives 2 Oscars on the same night, 1 for playing "Kaley" in the movie about the aspiring actress from Lincoln, Nebraska who works at The Cheesecake Factory, for which she also wins the best screenplay Oscar that night. She thanks Leonard in her acceptance speech for Best Actress for being the "Biggest Bang" in her life. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant that night and goes into labor backstage after receiving her 2nd statue of the night. Host Billy Crystal comes to the mic and asks Dr. Hofstadter to get backstage quickly as his wife has gone into labor. They make it to the hospital 45 mins ahead of the birth of Wyatt Spock Hofstadter. While at the hospital Leonard receives a call that he is one of 2 finalists for that year's Nobel Prize in Physics.

Since Sheldon & Amy consummated their relationship nearly a year prior, Sheldon has realized what he was missing with sex and can't get enough, with Amy loving every minute of it. They have been married for several months now so as not to be, as his mom says, "living in sin"! He & Amy had been watching the Oscars due to Penny's nominations and when they hear Billy Crystal announcing Penny in labor, they head to the hospital. Sheldon, excited about the pending birth, gets his second traffic ticket ever for running a red light, which he also blames on Penny, also gets a call on the way to the hospital that he is a finalist for the Nobel Prize in Physics. Since the Nobel committee would not tell each who the other finalist is, neither knows they are up against each other until.... (see 'later' below). Amy has become a world renowned neuro-microbiologist having 3 books published on the subject in the past 4 years.

Howard & Bernadette were also watching the Oscars. Bernadette rushed to the hospital, but not Howard who had been watching from his 2nd stint on the space station. He was able to arrange a video link to the hospital room once he explained to NASA the importance of being there with his "family" at least in spirit. Bernadette has been developing experiments in her field and her research is being done on the space station in the microgravity environment.

Raj, due to Penny's meteoric rise in the entertainment field, ran into Penny's new friend Summer Glau again. He had discovered with hypnosis treatment he was finally able to talk to the ladies without drink or drug. They seemed to hit it off even better than on the train ride a few seasons back, and are now engaged. Summer now an "A-list" star as is Penny, has a booming career with her and Penny being good friends as well. Raj has been finding and documenting nearly 1000 planets orbiting other stars. They also head to the hospital as, though Summer wasn't nominated for Oscar this year, she & Raj were in the audience. They arrive about 10 mins before the birth.

(later)... A few mins after the birth, Leonard & Sheldon want to share the other news they both got earlier. When they both realize they are up against each other for the Nobel, Penny, as she has in the past, has to break up the screaming match between Leonard & Sheldon.

Penny & Leonard get a call from his mom who is at a psycho conference in Paris. She does not watch TV but one of the other Drs at the conf was watching the Oscars and let Leonards mom know. After she tells Leonard congratulations, she talks to Penny and tells her she had done that once and that she "did not care for it . It was too messy."  But she does tell Penny "Congratulations Slugger!"

A few hours later Penny's mom & dad arrive. They had been watching the Oscars and when they heard the news jumped on the next plane to LA. When they arrive, Leonard is holding his son. Even though he & Penny had known for some time that they were having a son, they told everyone they did not want to know and were keeping the name they had chosen a secret. Leonard looks at grandpa and says this is your grandson Wyatt Spock Hofstadter. Many tears start flowing around the room and in space. As the screen fades to black, the recording of the awarding of the joint Nobel Prize to Drs. Cooper & Hofstadter for their groundbreaking work in Physics is playing in the background.

• Like 1

My view is that, in the end, after creating characters that a lot of us came to care about and that, I think,  we want to see live happily ever after, they need to ensure that the audience doesn't get thrown some strange curveball for an ending.  Some of the suggested endings sound funny but I think would be disingenuous.  I've read stuff from a certain faction that thinks Sheldon and Penny should end up together, something that makes no sense to me, if we assume that the characters will grow, rather than morph into some totally different characters.

This show has, through its 6 seasons, engendered a lot of interest in and affection for the characters, and I hope the writers are sensitive to that when the time comes to wrap up the story.  I am not sure, as of now, how that story could end in a satisfying way without Leonard and Penny being together.  Some will object to that kind of romantic ending, but I think it can be done with appropriate amounts of humor.  For sure you will never be able to please everyone with how the show progresses and concludes.  I guess we'll see when the time comes. 

• Like 1