The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ar Diem

The Game Of Luxury

This is a classic MB game.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is really just about one-upping a complaint by claiming that some portion of it is a luxury.  The trick is to keep it light and funny and leave an opening for the next poster.

An example:

Poster A: I am tired.  I tossed and turned all night in my bed.

Poster B:  You have a bed?  Luxury!  I sleep in the floor on a pile of rags!

Poster C:  You have rags?  Luxury!  Last night I had to clean up some milk with my hair.

Poster A:  You have milk?  Luxury!   The last time I had milk I was in high school.

Poster B: You went to high school?  Luxury!  The 10 mile uphill walk to school was so long by the time I got there I looked down at my watch and school was over.

I will start:

My ankle really hurts.  I twisted it yesterday filling up the dog's water bowl.

This is a classic MB game.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is really just about one-upping a complaint by claiming that some portion of it is a luxury.  The trick is to keep it light and funny and leave an opening for the next poster.

An example:

Poster A: I am tired.  I tossed and turned all night in my bed.

Poster B:  You have a bed?  Luxury!  I sleep in the floor on a pile of rags!

Poster C:  You have rags?  Luxury!  Last night I had to clean up some milk with my hair.

Poster A:  You have milk?  Luxury!   The last time I had milk I was in high school.

Poster B: You went to high school?  Luxury!  The 10 mile uphill walk to school was so long by the time I got there I looked down at my watch and school was over.

I will start:

My ankle really hurts.  I twisted it yesterday filling up the dog's water bowl.

You have a dog as a pet? Luxury! All I have is a Pet Rock.

You have a dog as a pet? Luxury! All I have is a Pet Rock.

You have a pet rock?  Luxury!  When I was a kid I asked my dad for a pet rock and after giving me a speech about being uppity he took off one of my socks drew some eyes on it with a marker and told me to play with it.

Edited by Ar Diem

You have a pet rock?  Luxury!  When I was a kid I asked my dad for a pet rock and after giving me a speech about being uppity he took off one of my socks drew some eyes on it with a marker and told me to play with it.

You had socks? Luxury! When I went to any Sock Hops in school I had to paint on my socks.

You had socks? Luxury! When I went to any Sock Hops in school I had to paint on my socks.

You had sock hops?  Luxury!  My school was so cheap it only had one toilet and the only dancing we were allowed to do was the pee pee dance waiting in line to use it.

You had a sand-box? Luxury! The janitor at our school had a pet cat... We had to play in it's litter box.

You had a sand-box? Luxury! The janitor at our school had a pet cat... We had to play in it's litter box.

Your school had a janitor?  Luxury!  If anyone at my school got sick off of the mystery meat loaf the lunch ladies would scoop up the vomit to serve as stew the next day.

You got vomit stew for lunch!?! Luxury! Our stew was made from the remains of the dissected lab-animals.

You got to dissect lab-animals? Luxury! Our school was so poor we had to sew the remains of dissected lab-animals back together to sell other schools!

You has stuff to sew with? Luxury! If we wanted to mend things, we had to stick them together with snot & ear wax.

You had enough ear wax to mend things? Luxury! We had to save our ear wax to make candles.

You had candles? Luxury! We got our light through the big hole in our dilapidated roof.

You had a roof? Luxury! we were told we were lucky to have such a large sky light (from wall to wall).

You had a roof? Luxury! we were told we were lucky to have such a large sky light (from wall to wall).

You had walls? Luxury! We had a wall that would constantly fall over onto the ground.

You had walls? Luxury! We had a wall that would constantly fall over onto the ground.

(Pssst... you are supposed to word it in a way that leaves a little more meat on the bone)

You had a wall?  Luxury!  If I brought a date home and wanted any privacy I had to get a shovel and dig a trench.  When it rained it was really a cold shower.

(Pssst... you are supposed to word it in a way that leaves a little more meat on the bone)

You had a wall?  Luxury!  If I brought a date home and wanted any privacy I had to get a shovel and dig a trench.  When it rained it was really a cold shower.

(Pssst... You could have replied "You had ground?")

You had a shovel? Luxury! If I wanted a hole, I had to scoop out the dirt with a plastic SPORK!

(Pssst... You could have replied "You had ground?")

You had a shovel? Luxury! If I wanted a hole, I had to scoop out the dirt with a plastic SPORK!

You had a spork?  Luxury!  When we went on a picnic we had to open our mouths on ant trails and wait for them to bring us our deviled eggs.

You had ant trails? Luxury! When we needed ants (they ARE helpful in eating the crumbs) we had to buy an ant Farm.

PS I will TRY to leave "more meat on the bones" but you have to remember I have been playing a game just like this since Hi School (and am still playing it with a few friends) but we play to WIN!!  

You had ant trails? Luxury! When we needed ants (they ARE helpful in eating the crumbs) we had to buy an ant Farm.

PS I will TRY to leave "more meat on the bones" but you have to remember I have been playing a game just like this since Hi School (and am still playing it with a few friends) but we play to WIN!!  

You had an ant farm?  Luxury!  If we wanted ants we had to smear honey on our legs and kick over ant hills.

PS.  I prefer to play cut-throat and if it is just going to be the 3 of us it doesn't matter.  I was just trying to keep it more accessible for other players. 

You had honey? Luxury! If we wanted honey we had to knock down a bee hive full of bees to get it

Playing this way won't stop any player from joining (If "THEY" dare).

You had honey? Luxury! If we wanted honey we had to knock down a bee hive full of bees to get it

Playing this way won't stop any player from joining (If "THEY" dare).

Your hives had bees?  Luxury!  All of our bees left after the toxic waste spill killed all of the vegetation.

(it is on like donkey kong)

You ONLY had toxic waste? Luxury! We live on top of a leaking nuclear waste dump.

I THINK I'm ready..... Lets rock and roll!! 

You ONLY had toxic waste? Luxury! We live on top of a leaking nuclear waste dump.

I THINK I'm ready..... Lets rock and roll!! 

You live above ground?  Luxury!  We are kept below ground by the mole people as a food source.

You are considered a food source? Luxury! Our only purpose is to become fertilizer for them.

Edited by walnutcowboy