Bernadette Should Cheat On Howard

Ar Diem

I'm not just a "Shamy"--I love all the characters.  And I just find it ridiculous that there are people who hate them so much that they'd love to see them destroy each other.  Especially when some of the same people griped about Raj sleeping with Penny back at the end of S4.

I think that threads like these that fantasize about destroying all the character relationships are more wet blankets than anything else.

I think you should lighten up.   It is a friggun TV show.

Who said anything about unicorns and glitter?  Is there only one extreme or the other?

One of the reasons this show is so successful is that whether the characters are talking about science or talking about relationships, they care about each other and ultimately take care of each other and the audience cares about the characters and how they all get along.

Yeah, it's a happy place, but that doesn't mean it's typical or trite.  In fact, most sitcoms end up more along the lines of Stupid father, clueless mother, wise-a$$ kids and all kinds of miscommunications, etc.

Just because there are relationships going on now doesn't mean it's typical or trite.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with the show's current direction, but you're not talking about that.  You're talking about basically destroying the characters in order to re-create what you think existed before.

I have never said that I love everything the writers do, but I look at it from the standpoint that they're telling a story and it's the story they want to tell.  If you don't like the book you're reading, do you start crossing out characters and rearranging the pages to try to make it turn out the way you (the person NOT telling the story) think it ought to turn out?

And if we're all allowed to think for ourselves and express our own opinions, then I can express my opinion as well--and that is that threads like this show only a narrow view of what the show has to be or must be or can only be.  You build a tiny box and try to hack off anything that doesn't fit into your tiny box.  Even if your box has nothing to do with what the show is really about or ever has been about.

Put all the characters in straight jackets and kill off the ones you don't like (all those silly girls!)

Look, the show was becoming popular before the relationship aspects started creeping in. It was an edgy new geek show that was well on it's way to being one of the bigger sit-coms. It was that buzz that got it to the point where TPTB could ruin it in order to reach a bigger, more casual audience. I'm not talking about destroying characters... They've already been destroyed. We are all discussing one particular way this show can be put back on-track. You look at it as destroying the show. I say that's already been done. There's tons of sheep threads already cluttering up these forums. Let those who aren't completely smitten with all that is TBBT have one without the juvenile, sticky sweet Shamy sentiment creeping in.

You say you're not saying people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with the show's current direction, yet you make simple posts that say nothing except Oh, brother. What you think or believe may be one thing, but the face you display says something else.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 2

I think we should kill off Sheldon and bring in one of those Russian actors from the knock-off show.  I mean the US TBBT is good but they have never dissolved a pair of pants.

:icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:

Next we should marry Leonard and Penny and have them start a happy life together then at the end of next season we find out Leonard's evil twin he didn't know about had captured Leonard and taken his place.  Even though Penny realizes he is evil she knows with the power of love she can make him good.  Awwwww.  I am a little verklempt.

• Like 1

Cheating isn't funny. Besides, is there anything more pathetically TV-sitcom-predictable than having someone cheat? Let's just call it "As the Big Bang Turns" and be done with it.

• Like 3

Cheating isn't funny. Besides, is there anything more pathetically TV-sitcom-predictable than having someone cheat? Let's just call it "As the Big Bang Turns" and be done with it.

And yet I would laugh and laugh (maniacally, but still) if they used it as a plot device to unload Bernadette.  I would also probably laugh if Sheldon got it on with Leonard's mother.  They had some excellent chemistry.

This makes me so angry. Cheating is not funny. Joking about cheating is not funny. If it weren't for cheating my parents might still be together. Cheating is not funny. How it absolutely ruins lives isn't funny in any sense of the word. I personally think this thread should be deleted. Also, bashing Shamy in the Shamy Thread is different from someone who is a fan of that ship voicing an opinion in a thread that isn't labeled for a certain ship. I just have no words.

• Like 1

I came to this board late...so I guess I don't understand all of the Bernadette hate...

I'm not going to lie, sometimes I do miss the creepy Holowitz, and I miss Raj/Howard's bromance too.  But it seems Howie/Bernie will be the "stable" couple on this show.

One more thing... I have never read anywhere that the show is supposed to be about geeks doing geeky things ONLY.  Cause that would not get old at all in 10 seasons...there is still the science and the conflicts between friends/co-workers that I have watched in every season of TBBT.

• Like 3

Sure, cheating isn't funny in real life, but this isn't real life. Remember when Leonard and Priya cheated on each other? Were people devastated over that, or was it okay because Leonard and Priya weren't one of their OTPs?

Sure, cheating isn't funny in real life, but this isn't real life. Remember when Leonard and Priya cheated on each other? Were people devastated over that, or was it okay because Leonard and Priya weren't one of their OTPs?
No one that I know of approved of Priya's cheating, and I doubt they thought highly of Leonard nearly (but not completely) straying from the path (and at least he had enough moral fortitude to stop before he went all the way, unlike his supposedly loyal girlfriend). Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Seriously some of you need to stop living vicariously though the show. This is not your life, they are not a mirror of you! Or anyone. I don't condone cheating in real life either.

Bernadette and Howard are the most boring sterile couple on the show. So I say if the writers want to throw that rubbish at us, they are fair game for criticism.

Edited by Moonbase

I don't live vicariously through the show (I don't feel the need to honestly. It's just a interest of mine.), I just don't think it's right for cheating to be portrayed in a funny light on television. That would irk me. I'm all for making Howard and Bernadette's relationship more interesting. I agree that it gets extra boring. I just think it can be done in a different way. That being said, I'm out. I try to stay out of threads like this for the most part.

So many if you take it all too seriously. No wonder the show is taking the safest route possible to its conclusion. The fans have so little imagination, they really couldn't do anything else. The fact is, the show is just going to do the most happy predictable thing possible. I don't know why any if you get upset about these threads, you will all get exactly what you expect.

• Like 2

I don't think cheating is funny in any form personally. And even though Leonard is one of my favorite characters that wasn't right. 

I have posted this quite a few times on this forum....here it goes again...

Leonard's moral dilemma of whether to sleep with the Alice and cheat on Priya was the story... A story involving moral dilemma of a character is always enjoyable (for me atleast).. and in the end he does the right thing of apologizing to Priya which brings him back to square one...

It was exactly the same story as Sheldon's story in the Tiny spock episode.... his moral dilemma of whether to take Leonard's toy and lie or not is what made that story enjoyable...

Both of them represented the same equation but just with different variables ;)

Oh , Forgive me if this post was out of topic .

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Lets ship them, someone might be listening :icon_lol: awwwwwwww

BBT-Thespian.jpg

Now for Howard. Would would he cheat with? Maybe a mod girl, who would like his dress sense.

I loved that dance and music...even if that was just a dream dance for Raj :icon_razz:

Oh look another "the show is changing and we don't like it thread" I thought we had about 12 of these already, now we are trying to ruin characters by having them preform the most heinous act imaginable? Not only would having any of the characters cheat on their S.O. destroy then as characters it would completely ruin the moral and light heartedness the show has managed to keep (except the end of season 4 which we've seen took a lot to fix) no, I think that any kind of fooling around like this is just a straight up moronic idea and would completely undermine everything we've seen...

That being said with chuck Lorre I'm charge who knows what the hell might happen

• Like 2

With all due respect... the fans who like the show how it is have little imagination? Like the title of this thread is so imaginative. lol. "How can we get the show back to how it used to be? Oh yeah, let's get a wife to cheat on her husband so they can get rid of her".  :icon_lol:

In any case, I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, and I haven't read through the thread because I don't want to get into this discussion, but yes, there are people who hate the show as it currently is, and I think they should have the right to have their own threads to complain about it, if that's what's fun to them. I say we stay out of their threads, they stay out of ours, we try to keep it neutral in the other threads and everyone is happy. No? Otherwise it just turns into one massive trolling session and everyone's fun is spoiled. I know segregation isn't great but I honestly can't see any other way around it. But if people like to get angry at each other by all means continue :p

• Like 1

I will make no apologies because this is a TV show.  No one should take any comment about it personally nor should it stir up anyone's anger.  Furthermore any effort to censor or temper opinions makes you the bad guys not us.  You don't have to like what we say but we welcome you to get over it. 

Besides it is kind of hypocritical to be up in arms over cheating in a fictional sitcom.  I mean where is the moral outrage over how selfish Sheldon is and how badly he treats his friends at times?  Please don't tell me you have ever laughed at some of his antics.  In the real world it would not be funny.  Not only that but not everything they do on TBBT is meant to be funny sometimes it just moves the story along like Alex asking Leonard out.

• Like 3

So many if you take it all too seriously. No wonder the show is taking the safest route possible to its conclusion. The fans have so little imagination, they really couldn't do anything else. The fact is, the show is just going to do the most happy predictable thing possible. I don't know why any if you get upset about these threads, you will all get exactly what you expect.

I will make no apologies because this is a TV show.  No one should take any comment about it personally nor should it stir up anyone's anger.  Furthermore any effort to censor or temper opinions makes you the bad guys not us.  You don't have to like what we say but we welcome you to get over it. 

Besides it is kind of hypocritical to be up in arms over cheating in a fictional sitcom.  I mean where is the moral outrage over how selfish Sheldon is and how badly he treats his friends at times?  Please don't tell me you have ever laughed at some of his antics.  In the real world it would not be funny.  Not only that but not everything they do on TBBT is meant to be funny sometimes it just moves the story along like Alex asking Leonard out.

DITTO & DITTO.

• Like 1