The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

Does Priya Koothrappali Voice Drive You Nuts?

Is it just me.  Or does her voice drive you nuts also?  Its so whiney!!

• Like 2

I dont know what her normal voice sound like.  But that was the WORST English/Indian accent combo ever!

Oh yes.... and she put on a british/indian accent which I didn't think sounded right.

Everything about Priya annoyed me. She's the only character that I despise more than Bernadette.

Everything about Priya annoyed me. She's the only character that I despise more than Bernadette.

I'm really sensitive to voices. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all, I say. :)

Johnny does a brilliant job giving Leonard a nerdy voice. It sounds believable because he does it so subtly. His normal speaking voice is quite different. With Jim, they just made Sheldon a Texan rather than changing his accent and this adds something to him. I find Bernadette's voice so poorly done I can't always concentrate on the jokes. The same with Priya. The actress is American and should have had an american/indian accent like Raj.

Edited by Moonbase

That too.

Priya's voice didn't annoy me at all. I am actually pretty sensitive to voices though, and Sheldon's is sky high at the moment.

Her voice didn't bother me either.  And since her parents are immigrants, I would assume she copies their accent when she does an Indian role, but I am no expert on accents.

I love Howard's Indian accent. :icon_mrgreen:

Same. The best rendition was when Howard was calling Lalita.

About Priya, I think a lot of people just didn't like her, although I'm personally fine with her. Reasons for this could be because people wanted Leonard and Penny to be together and because Priya was a bit dictatorial. Most of us, I assume, don't mind it when Sheldon does it, so I didn't see a problem with it. And when Priya did try to tear up the roommate agreement, I enjoyed it when Sheldon got the better of her. I thought their rivalry was very good.

• Like 1

Priya's voice didn't annoy me at all. I am actually pretty sensitive to voices though, and Sheldon's is sky high at the moment.

Sadly I have to agree. I hate that. Sheldon started 'squeaking' around late Season 4, but don't get me started. :icon_mrgreen:

Agree !! I am so happy she went off :icon_rolleyes: I wanted Bernadette follow her but, no way :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's not her voice, it's just her. No me gusta.

Ah? "¿No te gusta?" A mi tampoco :icon_lol:

• Like 1

I love Howard's Indian accent. :icon_mrgreen:

Same. The best rendition was when Howard was calling Lalita.

About Priya, I think a lot of people just didn't like her, although I'm personally fine with her. Reasons for this could be because people wanted Leonard and Penny to be together and because Priya was a bit dictatorial. Most of us, I assume, don't mind it when Sheldon does it, so I didn't see a problem with it. And when Priya did try to tear up the roommate agreement, I enjoyed it when Sheldon got the better of her. I thought their rivalry was very good.

I just loved the way he said Friday works for me!.

I hated Priya because she loved to dish out crap, yet couldn't take it. She was a spoiled little brat who tried to control everything around her without regard for anyone, but the second things didn't go her way, she would whine or run & hide like a scared little punk. Had she told me I couldn't be friends with someone, while at the same time denying me to her Parents... I would have told her to f**k off. She wasn't even funny.

Edited by Anomaly

Her voice is good I had no problem with that at all. The actress ist alright but the character she played oh no I started disliking Priya from the Herb Garden Germination till she left and I was happy that she left (hopefully for ever).

And she wasn`t funny at the end but she was funny in the first episode she came (4.6) I laughed so hard when she jumped behind the couch in Sheldons and Leonards apartment *LOL*

I liked devious superior Priya, especially when she messed with Sheldon's roomate agreement. Really classic. Her being a lawyer..meh, she was boring and normal so and didn't gel with the other characters, but now they're going into boring couples land so she's not so bad.

Plus she's just so gorgeous, imho the most of all the women in TBBT.

I started watching bbt just a couple years ago and i record it whenever its on, rerun or not. I absoluteky LOVE this show.  It's the only comedy i watch.  I have a hard time deciding who my favorite character is...they are all so good!  But i find myself disliking Priya. She rarely has anything funny to say and comes off as too critical.  I guess i resent a newcomer coming in and trying to change things, especially when she tells Leonard not to be friends with Penny. 

One character i really love is Howard's mother. She always makes me laugh. I was sad that she died. She was great even though she was never seen. 

I liked Priya, she was very pretty and slightly exotic, I liked her voice too.  She was also pretty good to Leonard, better than Penny, until she cheated on him, but when even that happened their relationship was almost over anyway, that is why Leonard was interested in Alice.  Penny went full blown drama queen when she made that scene in the bowling alley to dump him, for someone who was suppose to be concerned about hurting him, she did a good job breaking his heart.  Priya's cheating hurt Leonard less and it was clear to me he dumped her because of it.

What annoys me more, is her domineering behavior.

She pushes her brother around (even going so far as to assault him), even though she's living in his apartment, and tells Leonard who he can be friends with.

Thankfully, Sheldon put her in her place.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:57 PM, SRAM said:

She was also pretty good to Leonard

She tried to make him choose between her and one of his friends.

I don't call that being good to him.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

On 10/3/2016 at 4:00 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

What annoys me more, is her domineering behavior.

She pushes her brother around (even going so far as to assault him), even though she's living in his apartment, and tells Leonard who he can be friends with.

Thankfully, Sheldon put her in her place.

She tried to make him choose between her and one of his friends.

I don't call that being good to him.

Honestly Penny dominates Leonard too, Leonard lets women do that to him, I think it is purposely in his character due to him having a dominating mother in Bev.  Her biggest flaw is she tried to change him, but to be honest again it is not like many other women who try to change their boyfriend and Leonard's submissive behavior does encourage women doing that to him.  She did seem to care for him though and she did defend him with Sheldon some, I just don't think she was ready to commit to anything more than being his girlfriend, or friend with benefits.

I never took to her character, there is being a know it all and then telling everyone you are a know it all. I guess it comes in handy with her profession (I am not saying all lawyers or legal people are arrogant sob's but they are often portrayed in that way). She certainly came across that way.

She also came across as a rather spoilt brat but then Raj does sometimes as well, not surprising considering their upbringing.