Is Winter Over?

walnutcowboy

@ A Mile High In So. Cal., I think winter is over.  WHY?

1) My Chihuahua G.G. is shedding like a German shepherd.

2) The Swallows are nesting.

3) The Tulips are starting to pop thru.

4) The Butterflies are heading North.

How about where YOU live?

Is winter over?

• Like 1

What's winter? Oh yeah, that's when all the tourists drive 35 MPH in the left lane, of a three lane (both ways) highway, with a speed limit of 55 MPH. They have their right turn signals on and the county roads department decides to start all the road work with the extra 50,000 cars on the road. Not to mention all the tourist wanting to go to their favorite restaurant at 4:30 PM, instead of waiting for an extra half hour, because everyone else, who is not a tourist, is getting off work and trying to get home at 4:30 PM. I will admit the weather is nice though.

My tulips are coming up, and it's been in the 50s. Today will be in the 60s. But then it's going to snow this weekend.  That doesn't mean it's not spring, that just means it's springtime in Colorado.  :)

3rd day of spring and England is covered in snow.

I'm watching a massive snowstorm coming down as we speak...probably 6-8 inches on the ground already and it's going to continue all day.  

I watched a thing on the news lamenting "where is spring?" and showing the bad weather all over the country, but it just makes me smile because this is typical in my state. March is actually our snowiest month.

Snow is done, sun's up, sky is blue. However it is also 8 degrees. Brr! But all evidence of snow will be gone in a couple of days and they're saying 70s by Friday :)

I'm traveling next Saturday, so here's hoping the recent trend of "snow like a mother*** on Saturday" will take a couple weeks off.