Who Should Play...

tmp

On the boards lately, we've had a clamoring for relatives and I'm wondering what actors should play the ones we haven't met yet.  So who would you like to see play Sheldon's mee-maw/brother, Leonard's father/brother/sister, Penny's mother/brother/sister, Howard's father, Amy's father, or anyone else I've omitted?

I'll start with something I mentioned on another thread.  Kelsey Grammer would be a natural choice to play Leonard's father.  He looks the part and besides, Leonard's father has been described as being similar to a Frasier Crane type character.

Sheldon's Meemaw: I think I'd go with Betty White.  I think she'd be great with just enough sass and sweetness. :)

Sheldon's Brother: Luke Wilson

Leonard's Father: Jason Beghe (don't know if he's quite old enough, but I think it would work)

Penny's Mother: Roseanne (even though I'm not crazy about her...)

Howard's Father: David Duchovny (if the double-life story is true, he could be a spy)

That's all I got.

Sheldon's Meemaw: Either Betty White, Florence Henderson, or even June Lockhart (if she is still alive)
Sheldon's Father: Paul 'Pee-Wee Herman' Rubens (even thought I'm not too crazy for him at all)
Leonard's Father: Kelsey Grammer
Penny's Mother: Suzanne Somers
Penny's Brother: I keep picturing "30 Rock" alum Jack MacBayer (Kenneth The Page) as her meth making brother
Howard's Father: John Goodman or Mark Lynn Baker (Larry Appleton from 80s sitcom "Perfect Strangers")
Edited by JoeSal90

Sheldon's Meemaw: Either Betty White, Florence Henderson, or even June Lockhart (if she is still alive)

Sheldon's Father: Paul 'Pee-Wee Herman' Rubens (even thought I'm not too crazy for him at all)

Leonard's Father: Kelsey Grammer

Penny's Mother: Suzanne Somers

Penny's Brother: I keep picturing "30 Rock" alum Jack MacBayer (Kenneth The Page) as her meth making brother

Howard's Father: John Goodman or Mark Lynn Baker (Larry Appleton from 80s sitcom "Perfect Strangers")

Sheldon' s dad can only appear in flashback (sorry) and people raise Kelsey Grammer yet I can't see him borrowing a hugging machine.

Aside from the fact that she doesn't look like him, Phylicia Rashad is too young to be Sheldon's actual mee-maw.  If she's his step mee-maw, then his pop-pop robbed the cradle.  I looked her up and she's only 64. 

Ted Danson might be good as Leonard's father.  Tom Cavanagh could be Sheldon's brother. 

Somebody mentioned John Goodman as Sheldon's father in flashback, which would be cool.  Kaley wants Lisa Kudrow to play her mother; shockingly, Lisa Kudrow is actually old enough to be Kaley's mother.  As corny as it is, I would like to see Amy Davidson as Penny's sister.

There's gotta be something for John Laroquette. 

Superlovelexi mentioned Carol Burnett on another thread, and I think she would be perfect as Sheldon's mee-maw!  Bonus points if she brings her new boyfriend, played by Tim Conway. 

Edited by tmp

Sheldon' s dad can only appear in flashback (sorry) and people raise Kelsey Grammer yet I can't see him borrowing a hugging machine.

This is really funny, but I was thinking of Kelsey Grammer myself, but had the same thought... I also couldn't see him using a hugging machine. My vote for Leonard's Dad is John Larroquette.

• 1 month later...

Seeing how is Leonard's mom, I would see for the father a little man very quiet and average...

I'd love to see Sheldon's brother as a hard-rock dude or something extreme lol and I would so love to see Sheldon's sister again! I find it interesting that he has a twin, even though he pretends that he doesn't relate to her but I mean, they are twins!

Leonard's dad: Kelsey Grammer

Sheldon's Meemah: Betty White, Dolly Parton, Cloris Leachman

Sheldon's dad: John Lithgow (I don't know why, but I picture him as Sheldon's dad)

Penny's mom: Suzanne Sommers

Leonard's sister: Julia Stiles, Leelee Sobieski or Natalie Portman

Leonard's brother: Mark Ruffalo

Howard's dad: Danny DeVito

• 1 month later...

Are we talking absolute fantasy, not a snowball’s chance in a cat-scanner type casting?

Excellent!

Sheldon’s Father – Christopher Lloyd (circa Back to the Future III, Western Doc)

Leonard’s Father – William H Macy (circa…well ANY of Macy’s roles)

Howard’s Father – Woody Allen (I just want to watch him try to explain himself)

Penny’s Brother – Owen Wilson (hat tip to pop culture there. Besides, he resembles Penny. And seems to play the sort of gentle idiot I can imagine being “kind of a chemist”)

If anyone can work out how the hell to get Al Pacino, Alan Arkin, or Bill Murray in there, you’d be doing a grand thing. Although I suspect these chaps wouldn’t suit a sitcom. Maybe Alan Arkin. (Paradoxically, I bloody well hope none of them SINK to doing a sitcom, in the nicest possible way. Parsons spun extraordinary art out of his character, but he’s a rare bird indeed…)

I presume we have to stick with alive (not dead) American actors, or actors who can convincingly pull off an American accent. As much as I’d like to throw Dominique Pinon or Mathieu Kassovitz in there….

It would also, presumably, have to be an actor who doesn’t already feature in their universe, such as Leonard Nimoy and Sandra Bullock do.

Despite the fact that Sandy B always brings it.

Are we talking absolute fantasy, not a snowball’s chance in a cat-scanner type casting?

Excellent!

Sheldon’s Father – Christopher Lloyd (circa Back to the Future III, Western Doc)

Leonard’s Father – William H Macy (circa…well ANY of Macy’s roles)

Howard’s Father – Woody Allen (I just want to watch him try to explain himself)

Penny’s Brother – Owen Wilson (hat tip to pop culture there. Besides, he resembles Penny. And seems to play the sort of gentle idiot I can imagine being “kind of a chemist”)

If anyone can work out how the hell to get Al Pacino, Alan Arkin, or Bill Murray in there, you’d be doing a grand thing. Although I suspect these chaps wouldn’t suit a sitcom. Maybe Alan Arkin. (Paradoxically, I bloody well hope none of them SINK to doing a sitcom, in the nicest possible way. Parsons spun extraordinary art out of his character, but he’s a rare bird indeed…)

I presume we have to stick with alive (not dead) American actors, or actors who can convincingly pull off an American accent. As much as I’d like to throw Dominique Pinon or Mathieu Kassovitz in there….

It would also, presumably, have to be an actor who doesn’t already feature in their universe, such as Leonard Nimoy and Sandra Bullock do.

Despite the fact that Sandy B always brings it.

Not necessarily.  They mentioned Mayim Bialik and Danica McKellar, and both have been on the show not playing themselves.

Good suggestions.  I especially like Owen Wilson as Penny's brother.  I think someone mentioned Luke Wilson as Sheldon's brother.  The combination would be really good, since I think Penny and Sheldon are a lot like siblings.

• 2 years later...