The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Superlovelexi

Bob Newhart To Appear On The Show As Professor Proton.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/21/big-bang-theory-bob-newhart/

I loved the Bob Newhart show back in the day (well the 90s on Nick at Nite anyway), so cool he's going to be on Big Bang Theory and play one of Sheldon's idols.   Haha this should be funny.   What other famous sitcom alum would you like to see guest star on show.

Personally, I'd love to see Carol Burnett,  Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Dick Van Dyke, Bill Cosby and of course Betty White but since she has her own sitcom right now Hot in Cleveland I don't know how likely that one is, but others should do the show someday.

• Like 3

I've loved Bob in all his shows. He was also quite good in "The Librarian" movies. He has such a dry way about him.

Eureka!  I've been trying to figure out who should play Sheldon's mee-maw...Carol Burnett would be perfect!  Maybe she could come visit with her new boyfriend, played by Tim Conway.

I want to see John Larroquette guest star sometime.

Bob Newhart is pretty much my #1 dream guest star, though.

• Like 3

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/21/big-bang-theory-bob-newhart/

I loved the Bob Newhart show back in the day (well the 90s on Nick at Nite anyway), so cool he's going to be on Big Bang Theory and play one of Sheldon's idols.   Haha this should be funny.   What other famous sitcom alum would you like to see guest star on show.

Personally, I'd love to see Carol Burnett,  Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Dick Van Dyke, Bill Cosby and of course Betty White but since she has her own sitcom right now Hot in Cleveland I don't know how likely that one is, but others should do the show someday.

John Goodman would be great, and Roseanne of course, actually Roseanne would have made a great HR Director.(the role Regina King plays).

Bob Newhart has to be playing the Arthur character for Episode 22 which they are rehearsing this week and taping next Tuesday. Bob tweeted that the guest star for this week's episode is a man who he has been a big fan of for many years and is not from science or science fiction which Bod isn't from, he is a comedian.

Edited by carl1970

Love Bob Newhart. I used to watch "Newhart" as a kid. I absolutely love his delivery, very dry with the stuttering. :)

As for other special guests, it would be fun to get some more "Roseanne" people on the show since we've already got Johnny Galecki and Laurie Metcalf. I love John Goodman.

I've said it on another thread but I'd like Cloris Leachman as Meemaw (or Betty White). Although now that people have brought up Carol Burnett, I can see that as well. Plus, she's from Texas. :-) Any of those three would be good. All are great comedic actresses.

• Like 1

I am crazy excited for this episode.  Bob Newhart has always been a favorite, and this character seems like one he can really run with.

Bob Newhart has to be playing the Arthur character for Episode 22 which they are rehearsing this week and taping next Tuesday. Bob tweeted that the guest star for this week's episode is a man who he has been a big fan of for many years and is not from science or science fiction which Bod isn't from, he is a comedian.

Yes, that is who he's playing.

Love Bob Newhart. I used to watch "Newhart" as a kid. I absolutely love his delivery, very dry with the stuttering. :)

As for other special guests, it would be fun to get some more "Roseanne" people on the show since we've already got Johnny Galecki and Laurie Metcalf. I love John Goodman.

I've said it on another thread but I'd like Cloris Leachman as Meemaw (or Betty White). Although now that people have brought up Carol Burnett, I can see that as well. Plus, she's from Texas. :-) Any of those three would be good. All are great comedic actresses.

I hadn't thought about Carol Burnett, but she would be hilarious as Meemaw. :D

• Like 2

I know, John Goodman could play Sheldon's father in a flashback scene, and Rosanne could play the waitress who tries to buy Sheldon's affections with action figures.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Carol Burnett as Meemaw is PERFECTION!   She even kind of looks like she could be related to Sheldon.   Roseanne would be awesome as one of  Howard's Jewish relatives, like Mrs. Howard's sister or something Aunt Ida you know the one from Florida with the plastic couch and diabetic candy maybe lol

• Like 1

I said back at Christmas time that Dick Van Dyke should play Sheldon's deceased grandfather which is why Sheldon hates Christmas cause Santa didn't bring him back.  They should have him in a Sheldononian Dream sequence extra bonus pts if Jim and Dick do a singing duet together.

• Like 1