The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ahmed

The 7 Season?

The only one of Friends that had much of an acting career after the show ended was Courtney Cox, 

Really? Jennifer Anniston crushed after Friends, she is the biggest movie star,  Courtney can't stand up to her.

Really? Jennifer Anniston crushed after Friends, she is the biggest movie star,  Courtney can't stand up to her.

Even Penny likes watching her movies.

Yes you are correct and I have seen both Kaley & Johnny give interviews stating they want a 10th season. My thinking was more toward the fact I believe Kaley gets the most exposure of all the cast. I believe she is in demand more so than the Others. However IMHO Jim Parsons is almost as strange as his Character.  I am not so sure he isn't trying to up stage everyone for his own self Glory not unlike his character.  Maybe I am have trouble separating the Person from their Character.

///

That's a bit unfair I think. Jim and Kaley both said at Paleyfest that they hope the show goes on until Season 10. All three of them i.e. Jim, Johnny and Kaley have said that they will stay until the bitter end. I do think Kaley is getting a lot of exposure at the moment but it isn't because of acting gigs. She's made a name for herself as a presenter and she's done the Priceline/Toyota commercials. Furthermore, why would Jim feel the need to upstage everyone, he has 2 Emmys and a Golden Globe to his name, he doesn't need to! 

TBH I would love if they all stayed until the end, especially these three, because the show wouldn't be the same without Penny, Leonard and Sheldon and I just love this cast to bits.  :icon_mrgreen:

I agree that Jennifer Aniston has been in a lot of movies since "Friends", but it is hard for her to escape Rachel. I guess that is what I was thinking. Courtney Cox scored bigger with all the "Scream" movies. I read somewhere that she was the wealthiest of them all because of them. But this isn't a particularly important point to my argument. Superior success in a sit-com doesn't correlate well to success in the next endeavor, so actors having such success should take advantage of it.

Given other comments posted, it sounds like the cast is pretty canny, and are very professional. As long as the writers can keep the show quality up, they seem to have enough sense to stick with it.

• Like 1

That's a bit unfair I think. Jim and Kaley both said at Paleyfest that they hope the show goes on until Season 10. All three of them i.e. Jim, Johnny and Kaley have said that they will stay until the bitter end. I do think Kaley is getting a lot of exposure at the moment but it isn't because of acting gigs. She's made a name for herself as a presenter and she's done the Priceline/Toyota commercials. Furthermore, why would Jim feel the need to upstage everyone, he has 2 Emmys and a Golden Globe to his name, he doesn't need to! 

TBH I would love if they all stayed until the end, especially these three, because the show wouldn't be the same without Penny, Leonard and Sheldon and I just love this cast to

bits.  :icon_mrgreen:

I agree. Jim and Kaley said that they want season 10. They all will be until the end. He will do just fine with everything outside TBBT. Like it was when he played at Harvey on Broadway. And Fruit loops in what universe Jim is as strange as his character? Maybe Fruit loops you realy can't separate character from the real person. And yeah I agree with you the shewwy why Jim would want to feel better than everyone else he is more than that. He doesn't need to put everyone else on the shadow, he had  win awards not only for TBBT. He is a busy man, and he is so proffesional that he doesn't need to feel upstage everyone.

Edited by silverangelD

I agree that none of the cast would want to leave TBBT even if it goes on for several years (most of them have gone on record to say so); also, since they're all good actors and as Tensor said, professional, no-hassles people, they're likely to get decent offers once the show is over. Jim will probably shift to New York and focus mostly on Broadway; he's even said so.

Fruit Loops, where did you get the impression that Jim was trying to upstage anyone? The general view about him seems to be quite the opposite; he comes across as down-to-earth, humble and unassuming, almost to a fault.

• Like 3

I believe the longevity of the show will depend on the actors themselves staying. I think the Market share will not drop enough for BBT to be canceled. At least not in the next few years. So far Kaley Cucco appears to be the only player to have broken out as Celebrity artist doing hosting and commercials besides her Role on BBT. At this point all the other actors seem to be depend on the BBT as their only present claim to fame. While Jim Parsons is a Veridical actor that has up staged his fellow actors, I believe he will alway be tagged as Sheldon or a Sheldon type cast member. I feel the total Cast with the exception of Kaley Cucco are better off riding BBT into the sunset. Kaley Cucco I suspect already has offers to do Big Screen roles. While I know some feel Penny is not an asset to BBT, I fear that if she leaves it will spell the end of BBT. In Fact Johnny, Jim or Kaley leaving would end the BBT. The rest of the Cast could be replaced or written out with out any major problems.

.Kaley is the young actor here, is she even 30?

Jim and Johnny are older, so is Mayim. Don't know about Melissa or Kunyal. But would say Simon is in atleast his mid 30's. I think Kaley due to age is the only one left with a gigantic upside, though I don't think she's that great of an actress, just hot...and sex sells.

If they are wise and consider other examples of long running, high-rated sitcoms, they'll ride TBBT like Zorro. The only one of Friends that had much of an acting career after the show ended was Courtney Cox, and she had a very solid career in movies before Friends. People often speak of the Seinfeld Curse too. I don't think that will happen with TBBT actors, but there is a lesson tobe learned here. Comedy is hard, and when you've got something that works, hang in there. When the writing gets weak, that's when you need to move on. Ten years, give or take a season, is likely to be right.

Seinfeld had two comedians and two actors. Michael Richards was pretty old by the time that ended, he did some stuff inbetween, Jerry wasn't an actor. Elaine was as bad as Penny is, they were just both hot. Jason Alexander was alright but never was a household name, usually secondary roles

She;'s been in some big movies, I can't deny that. But she's also worked with some very popular actors like Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.

Is it time for CBS to be doing something about future seasons, or is it still too early?

Is it time for CBS to be doing something about future seasons, or is it still too early?

It's kind of still too early to tell but the talk of future seasons will likely happen in the fall if not possibly sometime in the later part of summer.

They do make announcements after Up Fronts in May.

I think if they want to it could EASILY go past 10.

They beat out American idiot last night with RE-RUNS

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/19/american-idol-big-bang-theory/

The entertainment writers are making a big deal about TBBT reruns beating out important events on "Idol". They are giving as much credit to the sixth season ratings phenomenon of TBBT as well as the now rapid decline of "AI". Edited by BangerMain

The entertainment writers are making a big deal about TBBT reruns beating out important events on "Idol". They are giving as much credit to the sixth season ratings phenomenon of TBBT as well as the now rapid decline of "AI".

I need to get to work on that, I'm about three - four weeks behind on my write ups.

Bill Prady just retweeted the following from Seth MacFarlane:

@SethMacFarlane: Love my pals at Fox, but the fact that a Big Bang Theory RERUN just beat American Idol delights me. Yay scripted shows. Boo reality shows.

• Like 1

I need to get to work on that, I'm about three - four weeks behind on my write ups.

I knew you would get on that ratings report. :icon_lol:

Bill Prady just retweeted the following from Seth MacFarlane:

@SethMacFarlane: Love my pals at Fox, but the fact that a Big Bang Theory RERUN just beat American Idol delights me. Yay scripted shows. Boo reality shows.

Not sure I understand the comment there. Seth only has his hands on Animation Domination(which outside of American Dad)is pretty awful.

Not sure I understand the comment there. Seth only has his hands on Animation Domination(which outside of American Dad)is pretty awful.

The gist of the post is that while he has friends at Fox, he is extremely happy that a rerun of TBBT(a scripted show) beat a first run of AI, a "reality show" that is on Fox. He doesn't like "reality shows". Interestingly, he was on TBBT set during a taping several weeks ago.

I hope that the 7th Season will be the last season. Although the ratings may be very high (they were still fairly high in Seasons 3 and 4), they'll have to have a major increase in quality or else they'll just spoil it.

Everything has to come to an end sometime. I do, however, think that Season 6 has been very good so far, and I'm getting the new episodes in Britain now. If they can make Season 7 better than Season 6 to the same extent as they made Season 6 better than Season 5, I'll be a bit more optimistic, I suppose.

I just hope that they don't do a reverse evolutionary process on the show, whereby it goes from being exceptional and complex at the beginning to a single-celled organism in which you cannot recognise a single thing from before.

Some wishes I have for Season 7:

- more science stuff, or at least Sheldon talking about science (very rare this particular season, and Season 5)

- the four guys hanging out together (cafeteria, L/S apartment, having lunch at a restaurant,...)

- either Amy and Sheldon get physical or they break up. I can't stand another year with forwards and backwards Shamy - relationship stories...

- more of the old, crazy and funny Howard. Bernadette should take a back seat.

- Raj getting rid off his selective mutism

- more Raj / Howard moments. They are just great together.

- Howard / Penny vs Sheldon stories

- less Amy / Bernadette / Lucy

- Penny getting a better job --> smalls steps to a successful ectress

- the guys doing crazy / nerdy things together. Like some experiments etc.

Edited by Berliner