Set artifacts

dawtcalm

What is t

he thing on the wall behind Chuck Lorre's left shoulder in this pic:

Posted Image

It's been bugging me now for 2 seasons!

"Set" may be a good section in the wiki, tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find anything...

I've wondered that too. I seem to remember an interview somewhere where someone mentioned it, describing it as a set of "fuses" on the wall. From what I can recall, no one really knows what it's supposed to be. It just looked good. I agree that the wiki should include things from the set. For example, I noticed in tonight's episode that there's a box for Norton 360 on the shelf. Frankly, I can't imagine Sheldon or Leonard using Norton 360 because most techies I know (myself included) are very much anti-Norton, but it's there. Steve

Just to follow up, the best I can figure out right now is that it's a power distribution bus with a series of large fuses attached. Some folks have suggested that it might be the works from a piano, but I don't think that's likely. First of all, I can't see the guys having something from a musical instrument on their wall, and secondly, the things attached to it seem to be cylindrical, not the shape of piano hammers at all. Just for the record, I think it's high time they let someone like me onto the set to take a few pictures and to interview the set decoration people. After all, the wiki needs accurate information ... Steve

Speaking of things on the guys' wall, there is a poster showing part of a circle in the hallway near the refrigerator. Anyone figured out what it is? It looks like a top view of part of the saucer section of the Enterprise, but that seems like an odd thing to make a poster of.

• 5 months later...

Maybe they're running the Alienware box via terminal server on the laptops :)

Incidentally, we're gradually identifying items from the sets for the wiki. For example:

http://wiki.the-big-bang-theory.com/wiki/Petre_Devos

and

http://wiki.the-big-bang-theory.com/wiki/PPC_2009

If anyone spots something particularly cool, please create a page about it, send me a message, or post it here. I did notice the Alienware box (hard to miss!) but haven't created a page for that yet.

I wonder what the chances are of scoring an interview with the art directors for the show? Hmmm... Or just to get to spend an hour on the set with a digital camera.

Steve

• 1 year later...

I have been wondering what that thing is on the while forever!!

One of my favorite things on the set is the picture of the robot cooking, it's in the kitchen over the sink. I don't know why but it always makes me think of the day the earth stood still, because I always think it says klaatu barada nikto, it doesn't say that but thats what I think of