The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
koops

Potential Plotlines That We're Probably Never Going To See Again

This season has been pretty rich with very good potential plotlines or hints that are probably just going to get dropped and never mentioned again, which is such a shame. What plotlines would you like to see coming up again or to see expanded in the future?

My personal favorites:

- The girls and comic books 

- The ramifications of Sheldon's imaginary sex life at CalTech

- Tenure (we haven't seen this one yet, but my guess is that it will be a one-off)

- Amy being kicked off the addiction study

It's really a shame that they come up with ideas that could make for a whole bunch of mini-arcs and often just drop them. Even if they just revisited them in one more episode or scatter hints here and there (for example show one of the girls reading a comic book in passing) it would be very interesting.

• Like 4

It would be a shame to drop some of these plot lines you mentioned. The girls becoming closet comic book addicts, even though the guys did catch them red handed. Each one could separately develop an addiction to comics, and try to hide it from everyone. You could have three separate plot lines where each guy would find out that their SO had a stash of comics.

In some ways dropping the tenure conflict would be good, since getting tenure is a major career milestone and would be a huge divider if only one could get it. In reality, not getting tenure would truly derail both Sheldon and Leonard's careers, so they should probably finesse this by having someone outside the group get it.

Amy finding out about Sheldon's rumoured sex life would be great. He'd be caught in another lie, which he could only make right by having sex with Amy. And Bawwy Kwipke would be the perfectly tactless person to tell Amy, in the course of kidding Sheldon at some function.

One plot that would devastate me to never be used again, would be Kripke meeting Amy and the shit hitting the fan. I still can't see them not using it, because it would make for a great episode, but if for some reason it never got mentioned again I would be incredibly disappointed. 

• Like 4

I don't know if this is a plot line but I am still unsure of the point of Alex's character. I thought at first she was there for Raj but now with Lucy I dont know. 

I don't know if this is a plot line but I am still unsure of the point of Alex's character. I thought at first she was there for Raj but now with Lucy I dont know. 

she was there to help LP

It would seem that Barry would have to meet Amy at the faculty party coming up in this Thursday's episode. If he is a candidate for tenure, he would be there. I can't imagine him not saying something to her. To be discreet is not Bawwy's style.

I want to see them keep Alex on the show like they keep Barry. I still think Alex could be used, in the future, to make Penny realize that her commitment issues with Leonard could cause her to loose him, but I think that plot line is now dead.

I want to see them keep Alex on the show like they keep Barry. I still think Alex could be used, in the future, to make Penny realize that her commitment issues with Leonard could cause her to loose him, but I think that plot line is now dead.

They've really already done that and have addressed that aspect of Penny's fears, so I don't think they need Alex for that.  They could continue to use her the way they did in the V-day ep, just as Sheldon's assistant, depending on what kind of work-related stories they come up with where she would fit in, but it's not crucial.

Apparently, though, the actress has filmed a pilot and so she may or may not be available next season, depending on whether or not the pilot gets picked up and what her role is in that show, and whether or not she'd have time to pop over and do a few scenes for BBT.

But she's really not that crucial at this point.

Guest DroneInTheSun

I wish we could see a reunion episode between Howard and his dad. And they definitely need some resolution to the "Amy being kicked off her adiction study" line.

• Like 3

I am still waiting to find out what happened to Alicia.  Did she become a big star and move out?

I always wanted to know what ever happened to Dr. Stephanie. I know Leonard told her he didn't want them living together in a text, but the way it played out, that was not the end. She just disappeared.

Guest DroneInTheSun

True about both. Stephanie's disappearance is even more frustrating because she was actually involved with one of the guys.

I hope that Alex never appears again, but I suspect that she might   I also wouldn't be surprised if Leonard and Penny have a disagreement and Priya shows up again.   I hope not, but if there was one of Leonard's girlfriends that really pushed Penny's buttons, it was Priya.

Edited by rickfromillinois
  • Like 1

I hope that Alex never appears again, but I suspect that she might   I also wouldn't be surprised if Leonard and Penny have a disagreement and Priya shows up again.   I hope not, but if there was one of Leonard's girlfriends that really pushed Penny's buttons, it was Priya.

Since Priya is Raj's sister, I could see her coming back. They could have her tell Penny what a great guy Leonard is and how she misses him. Also they can use her to remind Penny there are girls out there to take Leonard if she has any doubts.

• Like 1

I hated Priya, so in that sense I hope she never comes back. That said, I couldn't give two s#!ts about any of the ongoing relationship plot-lines of TBBT... Sadly, that's all TBBT is about anymore.

What happened to Penny going back to school? Did she finish her history class?

It has to be finished by now but we will probably never know how she did.   

Outside of the relationships, there's no real continuity or follow-through with anything on this show anymore.

This plot's about koops mentioned, of course admiration and appreciation to Amy, and I would like to see Sheldon's sister Missy again, maybe for Raj, given that in final ep.e will be able to speak to women. And I would like to see what will happen when Amy will find out about Sheldon's little lie to Kripke about their sex life. Something more with Penny's father, this ep. was great,

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 2