Tenure  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should get the Tenure

• Sheldon
    • Leonard
    • Raj
    • Kripke
    • None of the above

I want this tenure story to be continued , other wise it will be waste of an episode.

And is Kripke on the short list?? I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the episode..

Edited by vasu

Leonard deserves it :-). Boy, is this tough when you're in love with all the characters. LOL.

• Like 2

If one of the guys gets it, it should be Leonard. But having Bawwy be senior to Sheldon would be very funny, as Bawwy already likes to light him up.

It's gotta be Leonard.  Sheldon would be unbearable if he got it.  Plus, unlike Sheldon, Leonard hasn't gotten into a turf war with Raj over a desk, gotten into turf war with Howard over a parking spot, showed up in the cafeteria wearing a French maid outfit, booby trapped Kripke's lab with "foamy vengeance" (though he was credited as an accomplice), or gotten fired for insulting the department chair. 

• Like 1

Besides the fact that I'm trying really hard to ignore how terribly tenure was depicted in this episode (I mean, seriously, BP teaches at a university and they have a PhD as a science consultant, and an actress with a PhD, surely SOMEONE must realize this is not how it works), I think Kripke should get it.

First of all, I think the whole point of putting the 3 on the short-list is precisely not to have any of the guys win over the other. I don't think the writers were planning on giving it to any of them. Secondly, as much as Leonard might deserve it, there's no comedy potential in that storyline. Sheldon does not seem to care about tenure so he wouldn't be jealous of Leonard or anything like that. And there's even less comedy potential with Raj.

Having Kripke being tenured, on the other hand, would make for a whole bunch of good stories, especially with Sheldon. After they "bonded" over Sheldon's sex escapades, this could be a way to get them to bicker again, especially if they bring up the fusion project again in the future. 

• Like 1

Sheldon may not specifically care if he gets tenure, but if he sees it as a competition over who's the best scientist, he will not lose without having a comic temper tantrum.

Yes, but can you imagine how much better the temper tantrums would be with Kripke? :p AND we get more Bawwy: bonus points.

• Like 1

Yes, but can you imagine how much better the temper tantrums would be with Kripke? :p AND we get more Bawwy: bonus points.

I do love me a good Sheldon-Kripke scene.

Guest DroneInTheSun

I have to agree with koops on that one. A tenured Kwipke vs. a jelly Shelly is definitely good fodder for some fun. :)

Sorry, you all are Dreaming. The writers are done with Tenure and won't be following up this episode. No one gets Tenure.

Sorry, you all are Dreaming. The writers are done with Tenure and won't be following up this episode. No one gets Tenure.

Agree.

Guest DroneInTheSun

Sorry for having imagination and wanting to think outside the box of what is on screen.

Hahaha, get outta here with that stuff! Silly fun sucker.
  • Like 2

I vote for Leonard. As much as I love Sheldon.

Leonard deserves it.

He's not arrogant, cares for others and is great at his job.

Raj is spoiled

Sheldon thinks of only of himself.

• Like 2

It's gotta be Leonard.  Sheldon would be unbearable if he got it.  Plus, unlike Sheldon, Leonard hasn't gotten into a turf war with Raj over a desk, gotten into turf war with Howard over a parking spot, showed up in the cafeteria wearing a French maid outfit, booby trapped Kripke's lab with "foamy vengeance" (though he was credited as an accomplice), or gotten fired for insulting the department chair. 

This. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers drop the story and we never hear about it again, though. 

If they pick up on this again, I think most can agree that giving to Sheldon really doesn't further the comic potential, unless it is used to fuel Amy's nesting instinct. Although if Sheldon is really true to his staement, giving it to him is a way to park, but it wouldn't affect his character much. It would like the Stevenson - just another sign of his superiority. Giving it to Raj makes no sense.

Giving it to Leonard doesn't really do much either. She writes books about what a problem he was to raise. It would be implausible for her to even be open to a reassessment of Leonard. It would mean admitting she was wrong. Sheldon would admit he's wrong first. Penny loves Leonard as he is , and only cares because it would make him happy.

The only way to award tenure to soemone we know and make it funny long term is Kripke. They all dislike him to varying degrees, so it would bond them together. I could be fun to have Barry picking on Sheldon, and the guys trying to support Sheldon. It was fun before, and doesn't upset the core group.

• Like 1

I also think that the tenure will not come up again. There is no valid reason for this to be part of the show and it was merely a vehicle which the writers used to make some  points about our  society's  values.

I voted Leonard, I think he really loves hsi job, and he wanted his job speaks for him instead go and kiss mrs davis feet

Ok, I voted Sheldon. Would Sheldon become insufferable(more than usual) if he doesnt care about it as much?

If not Sheldon than Kripke.

It's probably no surprise that I voted for Kripke. 

Am I missing something here? Is this about meritocracy or bsed only on scientific achievements? Or perhaps just because we favour someone instead of the other on the TBBT show? I just wonder, because in that case judgement that holds power should be vested in individuals according to merit. Advancement in such a system is based on perceived intellectual talent measured through examination and/or demonstrated achievement in the field where it is implemented.

Am I missing something here? Is this about meritocracy or bsed only on scientific achievements? Or perhaps just because we favour someone instead of the other on the TBBT show? I just wonder, because in that case judgement that holds power should be vested in individuals according to merit. Advancement in such a system is based on perceived intellectual talent measured through examination and/or demonstrated achievement in the field where it is implemented.

It's a comedy show and I voted for who I wanted based on personal preference and what it could add to the plot. 

It's as simple as that.