Does Penny “Fake It” In The Bedroom With Leonard?

gwhh

One the major plot points over the years has been how LOUD penny is in the bedroom with Leonard. But another plot point is that Leonard tries very hard to please Penny in the bedroom and does not really live up to that task in that dept.

Question: Is Penny faking it in the bedroom with Leonard and he not doing as a good job as he thinks he is?

OR is Penny easy to please in the bedroom and it does not take much skill to make her happy there?

OR does Leonard take direction well from Kelly and he being told how to please her just the way she likes it and so that make Leonard in her mind a better lover them most of the man she been with? (or according to Sheldon 29 others than Leonard)

OR is it that true Love conquers all?

You decide. You can go with one of these theories or come up with your own?

I

can not imagine Kurt (her ex-boyfriend of 4 years) as a tender lover. But he must have been doing something right. She stayed with him for 4 years.

Perhaps this is not the answer you are looking for but to me sex it's not a game. :)

I think sex cannot be generalised. It's a personal deal and experience. I could speak about my own personal view on sex life from my own experience but to say what Leonard and Penny do in bed is a point of view let to viewer to be guessed and spoken about.
The hints writers has given us <here and there> are not for me enough to formulate a righteous judgement in that respect.
Said that, if we long to feed in that direction a lot of speculations can be made. Though it's not for me to say if Penny fakes it or not.
If this can be of any help, I recall two scenes. One when Sheldon tricks Penny into filling a form> where she states that she is 5 or 6 out 10 in taking sex initiative.(In The Barbarian Sublimation episode)
The other scene was (In The Love Car Displacement) when Leonard was in bed with Penny asking her to make sex and in that occasion she replied: "I'm shielded from waist down. Then Leonard insisted: "but we could do a lot of stuff from the waist up!" These are only hints and words we heard so, as to speak, it's not enough to draw conclusions from where they stand in their sex life, I think.

Edited by wannamaker
  • Like 1

Perhaps this is not the answer you are looking for but to me sex it's not a game. :)

I think sex cannot be generalised. It's a personal deal and experience. I could speak about my own personal view on sex life from my own experience but to say what Leonard and Penny do in bed is a point of view let to viewer to be guessed and spoken about.

The hints writers has given us <here and there> are not for me enough to formulate a righteous judgement in that respect.

Said that, if we long to feed in that direction a lot of speculations can be made. Though it's not for me to say if Penny fakes it or not.

If this can be of any help, I recall two scenes. One when Sheldon tricks Penny into filling a form> where she states that she is 5 or 6 out 10 in taking sex initiative.(In The Barbarian Sublimation episode)

The other scene was (In The Love Car Displacement) when Leonard was in bed with Penny asking her to make sex and in that occasion she replied: "I'm shielded from waist down. Then Leonard insisted: "but we could do a lot of stuff from the waist up!" These are only hints and words we heard so, as to speak, it's not enough to draw conclusions from where they stand in their sex life, I think.

Actually the Barbarian episode was on tonight. It was 5 out 5 in taking the sex initiative

In one episode Penny tells I think (Berine) that Leonard tries so hard to please her in bed and never seems to give up.  I believe that scene happens in a car while she driving. 

In one episode Penny tells I think (Berine) that Leonard tries so hard to please her in bed and never seems to give up.  I believe that scene happens in a car while she driving. 

She also tell's Leonard he's a genius in bed.  And twice let Leonard know sex wasn't the reason they broke up.  Or, in one case of Penny being loud, she wasn't sober, she was only interested in having sex, not a relationship, and she took him to bed.    There was no reason for her to be loud, unless she was enjoying it.  And if she's enjoying it once, why not all of the time?  

That was with Amy in 6.03:

Amy: So says your pre-frontal cortex. But meanwhile, the limbic system of your brain is calculating that if another woman is attracted to Leonard, it must be because he’s desirable.

Penny: Well, of course he’s desirable. I mean, he’s great. He’s smart, he’s sweet, and, ooh, in the bedroom, whew, let me tell you, he really tries.

She said this to Priya in 4.23:

Penny: You want to talk about crazy mothers, Leonard’s mom wouldn’t give him any sort of approval growing up.

Priya: Oh, the poor thing.

Penny: It makes him desperate to please women. That’s why the foreplay goes on and on.

Priya: It does, doesn’t it?

Penny: It’s like he’s trying to win a prize. A word of advice, don’t doze off. You will never hear the end of it.

Edited by BangerMain

That was with Amy in 6.03:

Amy: So says your pre-frontal cortex. But meanwhile, the limbic system of your brain is calculating that if another woman is attracted to Leonard, it must be because he’s desirable.

Penny: Well, of course he’s desirable. I mean, he’s great. He’s smart, he’s sweet, and, ooh, in the bedroom, whew, let me tell you, he really tries.

She said this to Priya in 4.23:

Penny: You want to talk about crazy mothers, Leonard’s mom wouldn’t give him any sort of approval growing up.

Priya: Oh, the poor thing.

Penny: It makes him desperate to please women. That’s why the foreplay goes on and on.

Priya: It does, doesn’t it?

Penny: It’s like he’s trying to win a prize. A word of advice, don’t doze off. You will never hear the end of it.

Both of those comments are pretty unflattering to Leonard.  Hopefully they've moved to a place in their relationship where she can communicate to him what she wants.

Both of those comments are pretty unflattering to Leonard.  Hopefully they've moved to a place in their relationship where she can communicate to him what she wants.

Yes, the writers were not flattering Leonard with those two comments but I put it down to the usual, continutiy be damn, throw away gag lines. When you analysize her actions, she definately likes having sex with Leonard since the key thing about Penny is she is the "Big ol' 5" thats starts their encounters.

Penny went through an evolution with Leonard in the bedroom. The first time they were going to have sex, during the second season, they were both drunk and Leonard made one stupid comment that ruined that oppurtunity. After waiting for him to come back from the North Pole for three months she jumped him immediately but when they finally had sex they were both disappointed. By the middle of the season 3 they were breaking the bed and making so much noise Sheldon wanted them to always be in her apartment when they were going at it. Penny called him a genius, since he researched ways to light her fire in bed.

As Tensor stated the big giveaway was the 3rd season finale. She had already dumped Leonard but left a date with Zack to have rodeo sex with Leonard that appearently resounded thru the building. She had no reason to fake anything with a man which she had already decided to part company.

To me the final key evidence was the "Love Car Displacement" in season 4. She left the hotel room with the "biting" Amy to go to Sheldon and Leonard's room.  When Sheldon left, Penny was once again suggesting they have sex. She knows that Leonard would not turn her down. And once again the "Big Ol' 5" was initiating sex with her favorite "little boy toy" as Sheldon said of Leonard.

Two important things happend this season after Penny said "I love you" to Leonard. Leonard actually turned her down for sex in "The Bakerfield Expedition", something that was really shocking and in "The Egg Salad Equivalency", he led her to his bedroom and she compliently followed. With Penny playing the part of the tradiitonal male in their relationship for so long, the second half of this season has Leonard "man-ing up", which Penny has always said she likes.

Penny wants and needs Leonard for other reasons besides sex but for someone as sexually aggressive as she has been, its not likely she would put up with someone who was a dud between the sheets.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 6

Yes, the writers were not flattering Leonard with those two comments but I put it down to the usual, continutiy be damn, throw away gag lines. When you analysize her actions, she definately likes having sex with Leonard since the key thing about Penny is she is the "Big ol' 5" thats starts their encounters.

Penny went through an evolution with Leonard in the bedroom. The first time they were going to have sex, during the second season, they were both drunk and Leonard made one stupid comment that ruined that oppurtunity. After waiting for him to come back from the North Pole for three months she jumped him immediately but when they finally had sex they were both disappointed. By the middle of the season 3 they were breaking the bed and making so much noise Sheldon wanted them to always be in her apartment when they were going at it. Penny called him a genius, since he researched ways to light her fire in bed.

As Tensor stated the big giveaway was the 3rd season finale. She had already dumped Leonard but left a date with Zack to have rodeo sex with Leonard that appearently resounded thru the building. She had no reason to fake anything with a man which she had already decided to part company.

To me the final key evidence was the "Love Car Displacement" in season 4. She left the hotel room with the "biting" Amy to go to Sheldon and Leonard's room.  When Sheldon left, Penny was once again suggesting they have sex. She knows that Leonard would not turn her down. And once again the "Big Ol' 5" was initiating sex with her favorite "little boy toy" as Sheldon said of Leonard.

Two important things happend this season after Penny said "I love you" to Leonard. Leonard actually turned her down for sex in "The Bakerfield Expedition", something that was really shocking and in "The Egg Salad Equivalency", he led her to his bedroom and she compliently followed. With Penny playing the part of the tradiitonal male in their relationship for so long, the second half of this season has Leonard "man-ing up", which Penny has always said she likes.

Penny wants and needs Leonard for other reasons besides sex but for someone as sexually aggressive as she has been, its not likely she would put up with someone who was a dud between the sheets.

Exactly. When it comes to judging something like this you have to play a numbers game. You have to look for repetition, especially in a sitcom where so much of what the character says is dictated by the need of comedy. This is one of the reason sitcoms tend to hammered on for lack of continuity. Not as much attention is paid to keep characters as consistent as you would have in say a drama or another type of show.

More often than not Leonard has been described as being good in bed by both Penny and other women. So I'm going to take that as more of an indicator at his bedroom prowess than a couple of comments that are clearly thrown in there as cheap jokes, especially the one in the car with Amy. The conversation between Penny and Priya I didn't take as being as negative as some. What I got from that conversation is that while both Priya and Penny enjoyed having sex with Leonard, they both agreed that he spent too much time on the foreplay.

Hell, so many straight women complain that men are all too eager to get down to the nitty-gritty when it comes to sex and that they'd prefer spending a little more time on foreplay, as more foreplay tends to prolong the overall experience. Here we have guy that wants to make the overall experience so good that he spends a little too much time on the foreplay as like men, women eventually just want to get down to the main event as well.

• Like 2

Hell, so many straight women complain that men are all too eager to get down to the nitty-gritty when it comes to sex and that they'd prefer spending a little more time on foreplay, as more foreplay tends to prolong the overall experience. Here we have guy that wants to make the overall experience so good that he spends a little too much time on the foreplay as like men, women eventually just want to get down to the main event as well.

That could be the whole joke, reversal of type.

• Like 1

That could be the whole joke, reversal of type.

Good thought! Penny maybe like a man and wants Leonard to get started with out the prolonged foreplay most women want. That would fit the overall sentiment that Penny is more of the male in their relationship and Leonard plays the role of the woman desperate to please her partner.

Her "complaint" is interesting in that it verifies the theme of their paring. They are both "Penny-centric".

• Like 1

Her "complaint" is interesting in that it verifies the theme of their paring. They are both "Penny-centric".

Well, they were back then.  I'm not so sure that strictly applies anymore, after the way things have gone this season.  

• Like 1

i cringe at the snicker factor of this topic. I think after 6 years of intermittent practice they'd be getting most things right.

But this is an area of human endeavour that lends itself to research and experimentation and 'thats Leonard'. Even if he over compensates at times, that is not a real complaint.

Its funny this topic comes up. How much vicariousness is enough and how much shock factor is left in such questions? <icon:rhetorical>.

It would be cliche to go down the sexual dysfunction route for these two and its obvious absence supports the notion that they are right for each other. Maybe thats the object of the question.

It could come up if Leonard or Penny get overworked, but we have rarely seen work intrude in any real sense.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

• 2 weeks later...

Sex is a game, just ask the right person. Not to all, but to some it is

Sex is a game, just ask the right person. Not to all, but to some it is

For Penny and Leonard as well? ;)

How about... so keen they both were to have sex...as I recall at one time ...Leonard asking Penny to wear kinky boots and glasses on :D

*(Please, next time don't include your opinion in my text for quote. It could be confusing for the occasional reader. Or at very least highlight it in different color.)

• 2 weeks later...

OR is Penny easy to please in the bedroom and it does not take much skill to make her happy there?

character begun with a slutty kinda personality

so i choose that option

• 2 weeks later...