The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shamylove

What Do You Like About Season 6? Let's Accentuate The Positive!

the blank was for Cait Amber (must steal newer phone back from teenage son).

Buffy had a musical episode. That was fun.

'going through the motions'

'walking through the part'

etc

s6 blues.

Can Leonard sing?

Re-quoting for emphasis :p

eta: Has the Parking Lot ep been mentioned yet? That's one of my favorite this year. I think they tried to do something similar again with Tenure but I don't think it worked as nicely. H/B vs S/A are way more funny than L/P vs S/A. The two sets of besties work better as friends than foes. Amy vs Bernadette is way more hilarious and Penny and Leonard work best as diplomats.

But when L/P and S/A play boys vs. girls we get four faces shoved into blueberry pies!  :)

I really liked the 43 Peculiarity! It was my fave episode this season, it was nice to see just the boys and Penny for a change and it was a nice reminder of why I fell in love with this show to begin with (not that I don't love the girls).  ;) 

• Like 1

But when L/P and S/A play boys vs. girls we get four faces shoved into blueberry pies!  :)

Re-quoting for emphasis :p

eta: Has the Parking Lot ep been mentioned yet? That's one of my favorite this year. I think they tried to do something similar again with Tenure but I don't think it worked as nicely. H/B vs S/A are way more funny than L/P vs S/A. The two sets of besties work better as friends than foes. Amy vs Bernadette is way more hilarious and Penny and Leonard work best as diplomats.

And we had the bikini waxing stories. Am I allowed to laugh at that? Melted crayons and duct tape.

Wow. or rather... Oww!

"It's supposed to be hard! If it were easy it would be called 'THERE'S Waldo!" is one of my favorite lines of the series.

• Like 7

"It's supposed to be hard! If it were easy it would be called 'THERE'S Waldo!" is one of my favorite lines of the series.

Count me in on this.  I just love, love, love that line.  

• Like 1

I like how the writers are taking risks and willing to explore different storylines with all the characters, particularly Raj. Pairing Raj with an even more socially anxious character is honestly kind of an ingenius way of tackling Raj's problems. It's also going to be a really fun storyline to see play out... because there are very few "socially anxious" couples on television and so I don't know what to expect, really! 

• Like 2

I like Stewart's increased appearances. I would have liked them to turn his relationship with Raj to a gay relationship. I think it would have added a comedic dimention.

I love what they've done with Leonard. I love so many things about the season but they've done something to his character to nearly make him my favorite. <3

The scene with him with the junior high kids in the classroom was comedy gold. Oh my god.

• Like 2

so many this season... let's see.

-sheldon holding amy's hand at movies

-bernadette "sick" in bed with howard

-the pie eating scene

-leonard and sheldon with the time clock

-steven hawking's neener neener

-sheldon as c-threepio

-penny going to leonard's lab

-howard sitting naked in sheldon's spot

-howard and raj teaming up in 43 episode

-the entire sheldon-amy sick and spanking scenes

-the ILY from Penny

-sheldon's "it's a possibility"

-amy's hug to sheldon

-the girls arguing over comic books

-the guys dancing in star trek uniforms

-sheldon's line at the diner -- "I want to go home"

-penny and sheldon fun with flags

-drunk sheldon confronting wil wheaton

-raj being trapped in the house with mrs. wolowitz

-the about-to-go fishing scene with howard and bernie's dad

And, of course, there's much, much more to come...

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 3

Love Penny's three step process of letting out her feelings (about Alex):

From 6.03

Amy: So it does bother you.

Penny: Fine, it bothers me a little. No. You know what? This is stupid. It doesn’t bother me. Okay, it bothers me.

From 6.12

Penny: I don’t care about Alex. Fine, I care. Okay, I hate that bitch.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

The fact that they've made an effort to go back to the pre-girlfriend days involving them ditching their girlfriends to engage in nerdy activities.

The fact that Howard and Raj teamed up in "43 Peculiarity".

The fact that this season is better than Season 5, relating to the OP's assertion that this season has left some fans frustrated.

The fact that Raj got a girlfriend.

The fact that there seems to have been an increase in scientific references again.

The fact that they've made an effort to go back to the pre-girlfriend days involving them ditching their girlfriends to engage in nerdy activities.

The fact that Howard and Raj teamed up in "43 Peculiarity".

The fact that this season is better than Season 5, relating to the OP's assertion that this season has left some fans frustrated.

The fact that Raj got a girlfriend.

The fact that there seems to have been an increase in scientific references again.

I've color-coded my responses so everyone knows what I'm referencing...

Now all they need to do is actually go back the the pre-girlfriend days.

See above statement.

This is a very good thing, considering the show started out showcasing nerd humor.

Here's all my favs that I can remember:

-Amy and Wil Wheaton Fighting

-The game between the couples

-"Sometimes I forgot how smart you are "-Penny/Leonard

-Lenny's first ILY

-Pie eating contest

-The spanking episode.

-Amy standing up to Sheldon in the roommate episode.

-The V-Day episode.

-Finally seeing Penny open up and love Leonard.

-"It's a possibility-Shamy.

-Amy in the Snow White outfit.

-Simon Helberg's great acting in the closet episode.

-Shamy hand hold in the movie theater.

-"Please don't hurt my friend"-Sheldon about Leonard.

-Girls arguing over comic books.

-The guys dancing in Star Trek uniforms.

-And more that I can't remember.

-And all of the future amazing moments to come! ;)

• Like 1

Anomaly, I LOVE your profile pic.

Im a huge trekkie, and i cant stand that ep but its a classic hilarious ep. (The walls fell)

i want the shirt

ANY HOO..back to tbbt.

there is too many to count

ill just name my fav eps...its mainly shamy i know

1-Decoupling ep- hand holding

2-Star trek ep- Sheldon as dressed as Data (star trek fantasy came true)

3-Kripke/cooper ep-ep just perfect "its a possbility"

4-Spolier alert ep- Amy putting Sheldon in his place

5-V-day ep-making Amy his emergency contact.

6-Fish Guts ep-Amy you sneaky vixen, Sheldon taking care of Amy....awwww

6-6X24 Love Spell ep for obvious reasons.  I really cant wait for that.

• The Lenny's been improving a lot since Valentine's Day. I left that ship long ago but it's nice to see them back on track.
  • Loved loved loved the emotional Closet Reconfiguration.
  • Lots of great Shamy moments up until mid-season (not counting the dreadful Fish Guts Displacement)
  • Alex! I'm sorry but I like her a lot.
  • That very touching scene of Raj and Lucy at the library, those two people overcoming their fears and trying to work their way to communication.

I'm sorry , but I have to ask.... how in the world is Fish guts episode dreadful regarding Shamy....

I though it was the nicest Sheldon has ever been to Amy directly this season. He crossed his boundaries in order to take care of Amy , even thought it was later revealed that he also did it because he was working on it....but still......

Amy was kind of desperate but it probably was believable because this season she has always been wanting more physical stuff , so she would likely take all the affection when it comes....

Edited by vasu
  • Like 2

Guest DroneInTheSun

I loved the moment Sheldon decided he would take care of Amy. The first part of the episode was a huge character development for him, and I was squeeing probably as much as everyone else.

But then Amy lied and deceived him and Sheldon violated her personal space by taking a throat culture without her consent. That's where I started thinking "lol nope" (except that I really wasn't laughing out loud). Because the Shamy I love is the Shamy that trust and respect each other, not the Shamy that lies and deceives. Plus that spanking scene made me so ill. at. ease.

I loved the moment Sheldon decided he would take care of Amy. The first part of the episode was a huge character development for him, and I was squeeing probably as much as everyone else.

But then Amy lied and deceived him and Sheldon violated her personal space by taking a throat culture without her consent. That's where I started thinking "lol nope" (except that I really wasn't laughing out loud). Because the Shamy I love is the Shamy that trust and respect each other, not the Shamy that lies and deceives. Plus that spanking scene made me so ill. at. ease.

I thought the spanking scene was just inserted for the sake of a joke..anyhow I too am not much of a fan of that scene...but i don't dislike it....they could have gone any other geeky punishment.. but apparently they went for a horny punishment... :p

Let me preface this by saying , I agree that Sheldon and Amy respect each other ...(Sheldon not so much recently though ;) )..........but there are occasions previously where Amy has lied or not trusted or did not tell the truth to Sheldon...this season .... like the 4 year marriage plan......spying on Alex ........

Edited by vasu

I think talking about deception for what Amy did in Fish Guts is a bit excessive. She didn't mean any harm other than to milk his attentions for all it was worth, and can you blame her, really? They had a mature talk at the end of it, with the spanking inserted as a tag joke (I feel the same as Vasu about that), but the important thing is that they talked about it. I don't think they ever really lie to each other, the 4-year plan is just wishful thinking like many people have about their SOs, Alex was just jealousy, Sheldon himself has spread rumors about their sex life that Amy knows nothing about. Bottom line is, they're not perfect, nobody is. But they have never lied or deceived each other with ill intentions. 

• Like 3

Off the top of my head:

*All the scenes with Stuart and Kripke. Love those guys! I sure wish we had more Stuart, he's great.

*The return of Sneaky!Howard in The 43 perculiarity

*Amy and Sheldon in the parking lot, getting up to mischief. "Keep an eye out for security guards, they won't hesitate to scold us."

*Sheldon's "Don't hurt my friend".

*Raj's video package to the HR lady.

*Howard in general. We need to see more of him.

*Fun with Flags starring Sheldon and Penny.

*Also reduction of blunt sexual propositions from Amy.

I'll leave it at that, but now that I think about it there are a lot.

Anything to do with shamy is always good and that showed this season and also Leonard being less needy round penny which showed in the Valentine's episode where he told penny to propose when she's ready

For me this is so far been Best Season of the Show for sure.   They've really hit their stride and comedy is laugh out loud hilarious almost every single week.  They should have won the Emmy and Golden Globe awards for show, but I guess they'll just have to settle for being # 1 TV Comedy in America which pretty much says it all so many people love watching it because of how much fun show has gotten.  I never thought a sitcom about bunch of scientists and girl next door sounded interesting first three seasons of the show I was like that sounds cheesy and unfunny.  But, after watching season 4 and reruns on TBS I got hooked especially because of Sheldon, then Leonard/Penny and Now SHAMY!!!   Then I bought all DVDs and watched them all in like two weeks over and over repeatedly til I was obessessed.  Then I finally turned in for Season 5 and 6 and just keeps getting better.  Hope this show lasts til at least season 10. 

• Like 2

I like that in the last episode Shamy had lots of interaction that was kind of science-based.

I also enjoyed that Penny was so open with Leonard and came to realize how much she has to be excited about right now even as she goes after her dreams.

Good stuff!