The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dumdum

johnny/leonards' facial expressions

Anyone else notice that leonard always uses the same facial expression for EVERY emotion? Its the squinty eye thing and tips his head to the side. Pick any episode, count how many times he does it! Is it just the way he acts or is it supposed to one of leonards' 'habits' ?

It's the look of being 'unsure'. It's Leonard's character trait when he doesn't understand something about people/relationships/etc. One of the funny times he didn't, was when Penny exclaimed "What are we going to do?" after she shot Sheldon's 'spot'. He actually let out his inner feeling in a very funny moment. "We? You've had your shot at we for like a year and a half. It's just you. And you are screw-ed."

Well he must be unsure 99% of the time! :p talking of inner feeling bits, don't you love the one when sheldon invites that dude to over to eat so he can be friends so that he can use some equipment and the guy hits on penny, wolowitz goes, 'bet i don't look so bad now'! or something like that, the camera turns on penny and i swear that was not in the script judging by the look on her face!!! :D :D :D i think she likes him really.... edit- just found the clip, yay~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLC_nuHbfI

Well he must be unsure 99% of the time! :p

talking of inner feeling bits, don't you love the one when sheldon invites that dude to over to eat so he can be friends so that he can use some equipment and the guy hits on penny, wolowitz goes, 'bet i don't look so bad now'! or something like that, the camera turns on penny and i swear that was not in the script judging by the look on her face!!! :D :D :D

i think she likes him really....

edit- just found the clip, yay~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLC_nuHbfI

I thought so, too!

I sometimes have the impression that the actors are having reactions that are not in the script, but that are being kept in the final cut bcause they suit the situation perfectly.

You know what else he does. He plays with his fingers all the time. I always have wondered if it's Johnny or his character. I remember back in Roseanne days I think he did it. Not as much as he does now but its constant on TBBT. What do you think that is? Nervous or habit?

You know what else he does. He plays with his fingers all the time. I always have wondered if it's Johnny or his character. I remember back in Roseanne days I think he did it. Not as much as he does now but its constant on TBBT. What do you think that is? Nervous or habit?

I think it's something he does to give Leonard some characterization: from the videos I have seen of Johnny in real life, he looks rather confident and I didn't notice any of the typical "shy / unconfident gestures" that Leonard does.