Caitamber Is On The Hotseat

Ar Diem

1) Toga party or costume party?

- Toga party. Togas are historical which automatically makes them fantastic, and they look comfortable to wear. 

2) Power over weather or power over water?

- I am ridiculously fond of water, so I would pick a power over it. It would also eliminate my fear of drowning. 

3) Worst movie adapted from a TV show.

- I'm trying really hard to think of something, but I'm drawing a complete blank. The closest I can think of would be reversed, the TV show adapted from a 'blah' movie, which would be M*A*S*H. 

4) In the last 4 years what do you think is the biggest thing you have outgrown from your youth?

- Honestly? The biggest thing would probably be depression and just being in an extremely dark place. I was starting to get better at the end of four years back, but it was still a struggle to move past the dark period of my life for those years. I'm a completely different person right now and damn proud of who I am, and like I've said before even though it was hell to deal with everything, I'm thankful it happened because of who it's made me. 

5) What are the 3 main things you live by?

- Use your head, use your heart, and never stop dreaming. As cliche as that sounds. 

Edited by CaitAmber

Andy baby! Welcome to my hotseat!

1. Do you wish you had a twin?

- Sometimes I think having a twin would be exciting, but then I realize I'm incredibly happy I don't have one. Being unique and having a personal identity is something I love and cherish, so I feel like having a twin that's similar to me and the even looks a lot like me, would make me feel like I was sharing my identity with someone and was no longer really one-of-a-kind.

2. Which character from a TV show or movie is your spirit animal? 

- I really feel like I should answer this with Bawwwwy Kwipke! Though when I think about it, nothing comes to mind of a TV/movie character that perfectly represents who I am. I feel like I would have to gather a whole bunch of characters together to make up my spirit animal. If you throw a few of the characters of BBT together, that'd be my spirit animal. Actually, I think if you mixed Penny, Bernie, and Amy together - you'd get me... So, like... Pernamy? 

3. Do you prefer blondes or brunettes in the gender of your choice? 

- Honestly, I don't even know if I have a preference when it comes to hair color. I love blondes, brunettes, black haired peeps (for some reason I'm not crazy about gingers... Even though I am one. Is that a branch of self-hate? lolwut!) What catches my eye more are indicators of race like the eyes, skin, etc - and the shape of the face and all that. I'm totally a detail person, but not in a creepy way.

Edited by CaitAmber
  • Like 1

1) Do you have any pets?

- I have two cats, one named Zoey and one named Koda. They are both ridiculously weird and quirky, just like me. 

2) What sort of career or job would most like to do?

- I'm planning on pursuing a career in history. I'm not entirely sure what concentration at the moment, but working in a museum or doing field world as an archeologist are definitely options for me. 

Edited by CaitAmber
  • Like 1

1) History of people or just history?

2) In my hotseat I was asked a question and my answer was "Choose not to be offended" or similar.  What do you think I meant by that?

3) Follow any sports?

4) Dig deep on this one.  What does the word "guide" mean to you?

5) This sentence is not a question?

1) Why did you do that?

2) Door knob or door handle?

3) Which of the following statements is more accurate in your opinion?

a. Most people love famous art because they believe they should.

b. Most people love famous art because they do.

4) Why are candles so very wicked?

5) Which culture has the most interesting afterlife beliefs?

Edited by Ar Diem

1) What did you think you wanted to be before you decided on your current career path?

2) What is your favorite fictional dramatic TV show?

3) If you are in a public place do you find it fun or educational to watch people as they go about their lives?

4) Is there a moral to TBBT?  If so, what do you think it is? 

5) What does the sound of a bell make you think of?

1) History of people or just history?

- History in general. I love all aspects of history, whether it's the history of fashion, architecture, or a specific nation. 

2) In my hotseat I was asked a question and my answer was "Choose not to be offended" or similar.  What do you think I meant by that?

- I literally think you meant "choose not to be offended" vs. over-reacting or taking something personally. People often have a difficultly turning off their emotions and not becoming offended when someone presents a differing opinion or it's a business-related issue. You can indeed, choose, or not choose, to be offended by anything if you try hard enough. Being able to do that is probably a minor superpower. 

3) Follow any sports?

- This is going to sound incredibly Canadian, but I do follow hockey. Favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks. I also adore the Olympics. 

4) Dig deep on this one.  What does the word "guide" mean to you?

- My first initial thought is someone who leads those through situations and territory that they are not familiar with - a guide through the uncertain, both equipped with wisdom and a love for helping those that need their assistance. 

5) This sentence is not a question?

- Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

1) Why did you do that?

- I was being neighbourly, there was a fly on your face. 

2) Door knob or door handle?

- Handles, like door knockers they are more elegant and visually interesting. 

3) Which of the following statements is more accurate in your opinion?

a. Most people love famous art because they believe they should.

- While I do think that plenty of people love famous art because they do, I think that there is a lot of people who like famous art because they feel they are obligated to, simply because it's famous. It is difficult to walk around saying "I hate the Mona Lisa" without getting attacked, even though it is completely fine to have personal taste when it comes to art, and anything else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but because famous art is so world-renowned and is indeed so famous, I feel like the majority of people like it because they feel like it's socially unacceptable not to. It's famous art, it's significant, everybody seems to love it, therefore you should love it too, or face the backlash if you don't. That's how the world seems to work.

b. Most people love famous art because they do.

4) Why are candles so very wicked?

- They're cranky because people sets their heads on fire. 

5) Which culture has the most interesting afterlife beliefs?

- The ancient Egyptians. Pretty much every civilization had/has beliefs that pertain to the afterlife, but for me personally, they had the most interesting beliefs and practices. The ancient Egyptians will always have a soft spot in my heart because they were what got me into loving history when I was younger. 

Edited by CaitAmber

1) What did you think you wanted to be before you decided on your current career path?

- For most of middle school and high school, I was dead set on going to school for interior design and making that my career; but as time dragged on I realized that while I am very interested and have a gift with design, my heart loves history more. It's what I consider 'great work'. 

2) What is your favorite fictional dramatic TV show?

- Drama TV and I rarely get along, but my favourite show that would probably fall into that category would be 'Criminal Minds'. It's fascinating. 

3) If you are in a public place do you find it fun or educational to watch people as they go about their lives?

- A huge yes to both. I love to study people and watch them go about their lives, notice their mannerisms and things of that nature. I know it can come across creepy, but it really isn't. I just love to study and mentally catalog my surroundings, to observe 'humans in their natural habitats'. 

4) Is there a moral to TBBT?  If so, what do you think it is? 

- I think TBBT does have a moral, or at least it does to me - that no matter what life throws at you or the changes you go through as you age, you will always have your friends by your side to support and occasionally laugh at you.

5) What does the sound of a bell make you think of?

- An old stone church, ringing the metal bell in the middle of the day. Sigh. 

Edited by CaitAmber

1) Horizontal or vertical?

2) What is the best way to comfort you if you are sad?

3) What condiments and other ingredients are a must for a burger?

4) Since zombies eat brains it makes sense they produce waste.  Do you think they are smart enough to remember how to use a toilet?

5) How much longer?

1) How far back must it be for history to be interesting?

2) What is the most interesting historical mystery?

3) In what way is the world shockingly complacent?

4) What colour does your favorite hockey team wear?

5) Would you find it personally fun to throw various items into a wood chipper?

1) Star the shape, star the person, or star the celestial object?

2) The door to your room, is it normally open or closed?

3) You get out an article of clothing that you haven't worn in awhile.  In a pocket you find a hundred dollars.  What do you do with the money?

4) You are now in the year 3017 and you are asked to study 2013.  With countless amounts of data and countless amounts of garbage is there a point?  If so, where do you start?

5) This question is not for you.  Or is it?

TBBT probably has a few morals to the story even if it is a sitcom.  For me one of them is that incredibly smart people are capable of really stupid patterns of behavior.  I consider myself to be pretty smart yet I am sometimes dumbfounded at my stupidity.  Sometimes my intelligence actually gets in the way of my learning lessons.  It amazes me how flexible I can be in so many ways and how rigidly stupid I can be with a false assumption.

No real question there.  I learned a lesson yesterday from the AC repair person that came to my home that I should have realized many years ago.  The details are unimportant but for a person who started believing at 12 to question everything and assume nothing I realized once again how hard it is to always live that way.

I know this sounds as if I am really beating myself up but I learned a long time ago that it was okay to be stupid too and, more importantly, not to take myself too seriously.

So let's make this about you... have any thoughts or comments about the above?

1) Have you ever looked up the meaning for the word 'meaning'?

2) Have you ever made an article of clothing from scratch?

3) Is having one finger pointed at you better or worse than having two fingers (from the same hand) pointed at you?

4) Do you keep water by your bed at night?

5) Is that rain I hear?

6) What are your cats thinking about right now?

7) How do you prefer your room to be illuminated?  Bright, warm, soft, vampiry?

8) When is the last time you built a paper airplane?

9) What is an ordinarily pointless thing you are extremely opinionated about?

10) Do you think a tulip made out of metal would make a nice decoration?

1) Horizontal or vertical?

- Horizontal, it likes laying down all the time. Super chill. 

2) What is the best way to comfort you if you are sad?

- Play with my hair or brush it. It's the quickest way to calm me down/make me sleepy/just make everything all better. 

3) What condiments and other ingredients are a must for a burger?

- Mustard will always be on it (sorry Chloe), maybe ketchup. Cheese, obviously. I can't live without cheese - then lettuce, tomato, and pickles. That would be a pretty standard burger for me.

4) Since zombies eat brains it makes sense they produce waste.  Do you think they are smart enough to remember how to use a toilet?

- Maybe the really smart zombies do, I would just assume they would eliminate like undead horses - when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. 

5) How much longer?

- 37 seconds exactly. 

Edited by CaitAmber

1) How far back must it be for history to be interesting?

- Anything more than 10,000 years ago I don't find nearly as interesting, and have a much harder time caring about. 

2) What is the most interesting historical mystery?

- I can't think of anything incredibly specific, but really any civilization where we don't have the means of translating their written text, or there isn't enough discovered evidence to really understand them fully.

3) In what way is the world shockingly complacent?

- Social media would probably fall under that. People feeling like because it's there to use, they can use those platforms to announce their achievements, their wealth, and give details about their daily life, assuming that it is all gold and that the masses will eat it up. There is something incredibly smug and conceited about certain forms of social media and the majority of people that use it.

4) What colour does your favorite hockey team wear?

- The Canucks' jersey is blue, green, and white. Their older jersey was predominantly white and blue. 

5) Would you find it personally fun to throw various items into a wood chipper?

- OH MY NEIL, YES. I find that kind of randomness incredibly amusing. Garden gnomes, in the chipper! Pizza boxes? In the chipper! Pesky neighbour that eats gummy bears and pop tarts, in the chipper! 

1) Star the shape, star the person, or star the celestial object?

- Star the celestial object, I also adore astronomy. 

2) The door to your room, is it normally open or closed?

- If I am not in the room my door will always be open, but if I'm in the room it will usually be closed, unless it's early in the day and then I'll leave it open. 

3) You get out an article of clothing that you haven't worn in awhile.  In a pocket you find a hundred dollars.  What do you do with the money?

- Stroke it excitedly for a moment or two, and then consult my "things I need to buy" list and spend it accordingly.  

4) You are now in the year 3017 and you are asked to study 2013.  With countless amounts of data and countless amounts of garbage is there a point?  If so, where do you start?

- Even though it is really difficult to think about the world as it is now, and figure out if there are any historically significant things happening, I'm sure there is. It's just hard to see because  we're in the thick of it and not looking in from the outside. So yes, I would try and study 2013, and I would probably start by looking up major news headlines (even though they're not always accurate) to try and paint a picture of what big things were happening now. 

5) This question is not for you.  Or is it?

- Sorry, what did you say? I was distracted by this well done steak being charred on the BBQ.

TBBT probably has a few morals to the story even if it is a sitcom.  For me one of them is that incredibly smart people are capable of really stupid patterns of behavior.  I consider myself to be pretty smart yet I am sometimes dumbfounded at my stupidity.  Sometimes my intelligence actually gets in the way of my learning lessons.  It amazes me how flexible I can be in so many ways and how rigidly stupid I can be with a false assumption.

No real question there.  I learned a lesson yesterday from the AC repair person that came to my home that I should have realized many years ago.  The details are unimportant but for a person who started believing at 12 to question everything and assume nothing I realized once again how hard it is to always live that way.

I know this sounds as if I am really beating myself up but I learned a long time ago that it was okay to be stupid too and, more importantly, not to take myself too seriously.

So let's make this about you... have any thoughts or comments about the above?

- That's actually a really good point about TBBT's morals - I'm sure it's crossed my mind at some point, but that definitely is a major theme of the show, and it really is accurate. I find that I always seem to put my foot in my mouth, one way or the other, when it could be easily avoided and I know how to avoid it. Doesn't seem to stop it from happening though, sometimes you just speak before you think - even if you generally operate the other way around. 

Then you just laugh about it. Laughing at yourself is a really effective way to deal with situations sometimes. If you can laugh at yourself, it completely removes anyone else having the power to hold what you say against you. 

Rambly response/thought completed. 

Edited by CaitAmber

1) Have you ever looked up the meaning for the word 'meaning'?

- I probably have at some point, I'm constantly looking up the definition for words to make sure I'm using them correctly and that I really understand what I'm talking about.

2) Have you ever made an article of clothing from scratch?

- Once, I made an apron using festive cloth (it's black with silver/white snowflakes). It actually worked out pretty well and I still use it in the kitchen. I've also made several pillows cases and some pj pants. 

3) Is having one finger pointed at you better or worse than having two fingers (from the same hand) pointed at you?

- One finger, it's easier to handle. That and if two fingers are pointed at you it's probably in that hand-gun way, and that's just terrifying. 

4) Do you keep water by your bed at night?

- Yes, I generally keep a water bottle near my bed - cause you never know when you're going to wake up and need some H2O.

5) Is that rain I hear?

- Rain, where?! Awww, my favourite! It sounds great, smells great, feels great, and for some reason seems to make people cuddly... 

6) What are your cats thinking about right now?

- Well, one of my cats just booked it into the living room and dove into some drapes, then wildly started thrashing around... So your guess is as good as mine.

7) How do you prefer your room to be illuminated?  Bright, warm, soft, vampiry?

- Dimly lit. The perfect amount of darkness, but the right amount of light so I can still see what I'm doing. It's a decent sized bedroom, so usually just having my bedside lamp on is enough. 

8) When is the last time you built a paper airplane?

- Probably a few years ago. I can't seem to build a paper airplane without throwing it at someones head, hoping it nails them in the face.

9) What is an ordinarily pointless thing you are extremely opinionated about?

- Oh man. There are a lot of them... I generally seem to get incredibly irked when people don't do anything properly. I have the type of personality where I don't mind not being in charge, as long as I know you will get things done and do them properly - if that's not the case then I'll just do it myself. One pointless thing that drives me up the wall is small talk. I HATE SMALL TALK. I can do small talk, I'm good at small talk, but it drives me insane. You wanna talk to me, actually talk. Make good conversation, ask me questions you want to know the answers to. None of this shallow empty conversation garbage. 

There seriously is more pointless things that both drive me crazy, and that I'm really opinionated about, but that's the one that comes to mind at present. If you'd like to know more, I can update this/you when they come to mind.

10) Do you think a tulip made out of metal would make a nice decoration?

- That would be badass, I dig it. A metal tulip would make a great decoration. It says that the owner is both epically hardcore while still appreciating how fabulous flowers are.

Edited by CaitAmber

Do you speak any other language than English?

Do you practice some sports?

Since I see you a Canucks fan, who is your favorite hockey player?

Do you watch TBBT on CBS or on CTV?

And to be original, some questions that only a Canadian can understand:

Timbits or Donuts?

Vero, hello! 

Do you speak any other language than English?

- Unfortunately, no. I learned French and Spanish in school, but I only remember a few select words/phrases of each. I'm not fluent in any other language. 

Do you practice some sports?

- Also no. Anytime I play sports it's just for recreation. 

Since I see you a Canucks fan, who is your favorite hockey player?

- Markus Naslund is my favourite retired Canuck, but my current favourite is Cory Schneider. Mostly because he's an amazing goalie, and a little bit because he's ridiculously easy on the eyes.

Do you watch TBBT on CBS or on CTV?

- I generally watch TBBT on the computer, but when I do catch it on the TV it's always on CTV, eh. 

And to be original, some questions that only a Canadian can understand:

Timbits or Donuts?

- Timbits! Unfortunately I can't eat wheat anymore, so both are out of reach for me - but ignoring that I would always pick Timbits. They're spheres of doughnutty goodness. 

+ 72 awesome points for Canada-related questions. 

Edited by CaitAmber
  • Like 1

This will probably be my last set of questions for now.

1) Do you think it would be fun to ride in a car with oval wheels?

2)  Curly or straight?

3) Do most of us lie more to others or to ourselves?

4) What do you look forward to most when you move out on your own?

5) I sent you a letter.  It should arrive on the 20th.  Oops.  Where are my points for knowing things about Canada?  :p

6) Shouldn't it be up to the person who discovered Pluto to determine whether or not it is a planet?

7) Have you ever done jazz hands when you were completely alone?

8) Do you think one of the two heads of a two-headed goat ever thinks about doing jazz hooves?

9) Gigantic or miniature?

10) Meeting for the first time what do you think a horse would say to a zebra?

11) Did you think I would only ask you 10 questions?