Ready For "star Trek Into Darkness"?

Ibid

I was raised on the original series & loved all franchises...except I did have problems with "Space Slut" in Voyager. We finally get a woman Captain and then ... the Borg Barbie.

But I love the new timeline & new actors! Please share your thoughts - spoilers allowed!

Edited by Ibid

I'm really looking forward to this one. I haven't been that interesting in the new Star Trek films but this looks soooooo good.

I was a fan of Voyager, Captain Janeway was amazing. But unlike you I liked the Borg, she was a bit distracting at times but kind of otherworldly because of it.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I haven't been that interesting in the new Star Trek films but this looks soooooo good.

I was a fan of Voyager, Captain Janeway was amazing. But unlike you I liked the Borg, she was a bit distracting at times but kind of otherworldly because of it.

I'm looking forward to this a lot too. I was big into ST: TNG and Voyager. The Borg are always fun (although yeah, Seven of Nine, was a bit too "sexy" for my liking). One of my local movie theaters is playing the ST: TNG two-parter "Best of Both Worlds" which is very Borg heavy. 

Also, I saw the first 9 minutes of Star Trek Into Darkness before The Hobbit and it looked amazing. I've been waiting for this one for a looong time. 

I saw the preview at the cinema...breathtaking! However as I feel right now I don't think I am up to go into darkeness with them :icon_cheesygrin:

But wannamaker, I thought you enjoyed your dark side...

:)

I liked her character, but was very surprised when the replaced her Starfleet uniform with a rubber suit and stilettos.

Perhaps that's where the idea came from in American Horror Story season 1??

I'm really excited for the Blu-ray, which is already scheduled for a 9/24 release... Honestly, I don't go to the theater unless I really, really want to see a film badly. While Into Darkness looks to be one of the better Trek films in a long time, I'm just not into Star Trek like I used to be. If this were J.J.'s Star Wars Episode VII, I'd already be in line.

Anyway, I won't be going to the cinema to see Into Darkness, but the Blu-ray will be a day-one purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to book tickets for this movie, but my boyfriend had work so only got to see it on Sunday. 

It was awesome! So action packed with an emotional ride. It made me cry :'( It was also funny and had little twists in it. 

Not just attracted to Spock because he is so good looking! But it's his personality and Vulcan ways, the fact that he is rather emotionless unless pushed to show, which is probably why I like Sheldon because he resembles him. I love Spocks fight scenes, so good and rather hot! I loved his fight scene with Kirk in the last one. GWAR! :D  

I like it when he shows emotions to Uhura and that kiss hehe <3 

Anyway....Fantastic film totally recommend!

I saw it this past Saturday (IMAX 3D!) and I loved it. It's one of those movies where I could have turned around and walked right back into the theater to see it again. :)

Great action, great story, great emotions, great performances!

And I totally had a Shamy moment when Spock was trying to explain his emotional suppression to Uhura. ;)

*****SPOILERS ABOUND!*******

I liked the switch-up of Kirk and Spock with the radiation chamber bit. 
Enjoyed a lot of the character interaction. Much more than the last one. I thought the last one was too slapstickish. Scotty was a hoot.

I do, however, have an issue with Khan's backstory. His amped up biology was 3 HUNDRED year old tech? wth? You mean EVERYONE could have massive regenerative ability within a VERY short time (just plug it in to the transporter program to adjust the DNA)? Seriously upped strength and durability? I can understand not wanting to mess too much with intellect and drive (apparently leads to megalomania) but at least up the physical aspects (and if everyone has it, then there isn't a disparity).
Then there was the Klingon's inability to detect a starship in their space (or it's warp signature).

And if they have the tech to beam STRAIT to the Klingon home planet with just a little, portable, transporter, why would it be difficult to trash the Klingons in a war?

It's like they're not even trying to cover some of the glaring holes. 

• 5 weeks later...