Jump to content

The Fuse Panel On The Wall


EFeat2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Although it took a while, I was relieved to discover that the item hanging on the wall in the living room is an antique fuse panel, which appeared in the 2nd episode, however.... I would like to know if anyone KNOWS why it became a prop, or if it has a special meaning?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 years later...
On 5/2/2013 at 4:57 PM, EFeat2 said:

Although it took a while, I was relieved to discover that the item hanging on the wall in the living room is an antique fuse panel, which appeared in the 2nd episode, however.... I would like to know if anyone KNOWS why it became a prop, or if it has a special meaning?

 

 

The fuse panel is from a Tera MTA supercomputer we built back in the '90s. Each fuse supplied 300vdc to the large power supplies (2vdc @ 10,000A each). I’m trying to find out if I can purchase it back!

Edited by LorenG
Updated for accuracy.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LorenG said:

The fuse panel is from a Tera MTA supercomputer we built back in the '90s. Each fuse supplied 300vdc to the large power supplies (2vdc @ 10,000A each). I’m trying to find out if I can purchase it back!

Thanks for the information. That fuse panel has been the topic of discussion on here more than a few times. Appreciate you filling in some details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LorenG said:

The fuse panel is from a Tera MTA supercomputer we built back in the '90s. Each fuse supplied 300vdc to the large power supplies (2vdc @ 10,000A each). I’m trying to find out if I can purchase it back!

Thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I am a trainer at Britain’s Network Rail company. I originally thought these sets of fuses and their arrangements were from an electrical wiring system that help power a large bank of relays, which control the railways signalling system. As Sheldon is a huge train enthusiast, this makes sense as to why he displays it in his  living room. 

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 6:50 AM, Johnnyboy82 said:

I am a trainer at Britain’s Network Rail company. I originally thought these sets of fuses and their arrangements were from an electrical wiring system that help power a large bank of relays, which control the railways signalling system. As Sheldon is a huge train enthusiast, this makes sense as to why he displays it in his  living room. 

thanks to all for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.