Oh dear... I'm a-gonna get spanked for this:

NFL:

Cincinnati Bengals

BASEBALL:

Toronto Blue Jays

ICE HOCKEY:

Toronto Maple Leafs

:ph34r:

I'm not a fanatic of any sport and I only pay attention if my team is actually somewhat competitive during a particular season. I generally follow players more than teams. In general, the teams I do follow are...

NFL: Dallas Cowboys, but I can be happy with any team that beats up on the NY Giants.

NBA: I followed Michael Jordan, and haven't been a big fan since he retired. That said, it's nice to see the Bulls doing well again. 

MLB: I can't stand baseball. A boring, snail's paced game where the biggest action is watching the catcher fondle himself to climax. I do like it when the NY Yankees are doing poorly though.

Futbol: This is quite possibly the stupidest sport on the planet. A bunch of guys in knee-high socks, kicking a ball up & down a field over and over, scoring maybe once or twice a game. I'd rather watch grass grow.

Boxing: I like boxing if there's a boxer I'm interested in. My all-time favorite is Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Automobile Racing: I like NASCAR, but find F1, Indy & CART to be complete snooze-fests. I was a big fan of Dale Earnhardt Senior, but I also (currently) like Dale Earnhardt Jr., Danica Patrick, Tony Stewart, Mark Martin and Juan Pablo Montoya.

You are serious sport fans here.

Well I come back with a list when I am ready

Is contemporary dance now considered in the sport activities?

Is Gala swimming another thing?

Tennis, Wimbledon, every year I follow it.(I did play it occasionally during my youth)

Cycling I used to do but now with the city pollution nope!

Swimming I went a number of times over the past years but no more.

Basket ball ...also gimnastics piroettes etc...during the Olympic Games in London

Torvill and Dean  British ice dancers and former British, European, Olympic and World Champion. The pair became the highest scoring figure skaters of all time :)

Edited by wannamaker

Baseball and The New York Yankees 4ever! For those who don't understand or appreciate the game of baseball then you may never will, that is at least until you have watched the video series called  Ken Burns Baseball. It begins by explaining  the roots of the game along with some amazing photos and then video starting from the mid 1800s and brings you up to modern times as it describes how it literally shaped the USA and became the national past time.  As tame as it may seem, baseball was one of the grittiest sports around during the early days and later became majorly responsible for breaking the color barrier and racial segregation.

Oh, I understand Baseball, I just find it a lethargic, boring game. I guess I'm of the George Carlin school of thinking when it comes to sports...

Football has hitting, clipping, spearing, blocking, piling on, late hitting, unnecessary roughness and personal fouls. Baseball has the sacrifice. Football is played in any kind of weather, rain, sleet, snow, hail, mud, can’t read the numbers on the field, can’t read the yard markers, can’t read the players numbers, the struggle will continue. In Baseball, if it rains, we don’t come out to play. “I can’t come out to play. It’s raining out.” Baseball has a 7th inning stretch. Football has the two minute warning. Baseball has no time limit. We don’t know when it’s gonna end. We might have extra innings.

In Football, the object is for the quarterback, otherwise known as the field general. To be on target with his aerial assault riddling the defense by hitting his receivers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing his aerial assault with a sustained ground attack, which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemies’ defensive line. (applause) In Baseball, the object is to go home, and to be safe. I hope I’ll be safe at home, safe at home.

As for the Yankees... Even with the biggest budget in sports & all the top players, those Guidos still can't win a trophy.

I like most forms of motorsport apart from F1, it's just to boring, i'm a huge NASCAR fan, my favourite driver has always been Dale Earnhardt senior, Dale Jr is awesome to :)

I also enjoy Snooker, playing and watching it.

Football is my favorite sport and I am a fairly rabid Broncos fan.

Hockey is a close second and I am very, very intrigued to see how getting Patrick Roy for our new coach will fire up the team and the city! Denver is a great city for sports and it's been sad how blah the Avs have been for the last few years.

I love horse racing and look forward to watching the Triple Crown races every year.

I like most sports, actually. They all bring something interesting to the table. I enjoy going to a baseball game. There are too many games in a season for me to follow it closely, but I enjoy the playoffs and World Series.  Basketball is okay during playoffs too, but it seems the officials have way too much power to make or break a basketball game.  I learned to like rugby and soccer when I was in New Zealand and there were rugby matches and World Cup on half the channels.  I even got really into a golf match some years ago when Tiger was neck and neck with someone (I forget who) on the last couple of holes and it was really competitive - normally I find golf really boring, one of those games that is probably a great deal of fun when you're playing but is rather dull for the spectator.  

About the only thing I don't like is NASCAR, because I'm not into cars and it seems like the only reason to watch is for a crash.   :D

Edited by Europa

The only time I watch some sport in TV is in Olimpic Games time.

The only sports I do is running in the park, swimming (sometimes) and walking a lot.

The only time I watch some sport in TV is in Olimpic Games time.

The only sports I do is running in the park, swimming (sometimes) and walking a lot.

Oh my God, I completely forgot about the Olympics. Yup, every time the Olympics are going on, I am absolutely glued to the TV. For a couple of weeks every two years, I'm like a crack addict when it comes to the Olympics.

My father is from the Bronx so naturally we grew up liking the NY Yankees.  We used to go to a lot of their games.  I also used to live in the same city that the NY Mets do their spring training.  I like actually going to a baseball game but not so much watching it on TV.

I do like watching NFL games and support the NY Giants.

I tried watching hockey years ago but I couldn't follow where the puck was.  I would be watching one dude and someone else had the puck.  Would like to see a live game though.  I bet that is awesome..

My father is from the Bronx so naturally we grew up liking the NY Yankees.  We used to go to a lot of their games.  I also used to live in the same city that the NY Mets do their spring training.  I like actually going to a baseball game but not so much watching it on TV.

I do like watching NFL games and support the NY Giants.

I tried watching hockey years ago but I couldn't follow where the puck was.  I would be watching one dude and someone else had the puck.  Would like to see a live game though.  I bet that is awesome..

My Brother used to play semi-pro hockey for the Blues, so I've been to several games... Believe me, being there doesn't help. I'm still not a fan of the sport. 

It's funny, I'm also from NY, but I can't stand any of the NY teams. The closest I've come is with the Nets... Oh, and I liked the Jets (Joe Namath) when I was younger.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1

Track and Field can be entertaining to watch, because there are so many events going at once.

Best time is when it rains, so the female athletes are running around in very skimpy, and very wet, shirts...

WooooF!!!

-Get a life -Tripper

Yeah, Tripper, get a life.  You can never have too many.

Football (NFL) and Lacrosse.

I love the Olympics, and watch both the summer and winter games every two years. I also enjoy watching NHL hockey, but my interest and motivation to watch seems to vary depending on what's going on in my life. My favourite teams are the Vancouver Canucks and LA Kings. 

Football world Championship games are fun to watch. Different continents have so different strategies and soccer culture, so it's more interesting than, say european football matches.