The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dora92

Marriage, Babies, The Future? What Would You Like To See?!

Hey there,

I am a UK fan and new to this forum so hey there mah homies ...

I just wanted to know how everyone would like each of the characters lives to plan out with in the next few seasons. It pains me to say this but Friends lasted for 10 years so we may not have long left. OWWWW MY ACHEY BREAKY HEART.

This is what I think should happen:

Shamy

Season 7

A Sheldon initiated kiss

A more romantic/intimate kiss (Lasts more than 1 second)

Sheldon and Amy both say "I love you"

Future

The last 15 seconds of the very last episode of TBBT to be Shamy attempting coitus. With the closing line being Sheldon saying "fascinating" or "I didn't tell you to stop"

I know a lot of people will not agree with me but I think that would be funny. It would also make fans go crazy as it would be like a cliffhanger (which Sheldon hates so much) we would never know what became of his carnal activities with Amy.

Lenny

Penny will eventually propose

Maybe a wedding but no babies (yet)

They are a really sex driven couple and it would be nice to see them be more romantic with each other. I hate how Leonard always refers to never having sex again when his relationship is on the rocks. Relationships are more than just sex.

We need Leonard to get a haircut (Sorry Johnny boy)

Howard and Bernadette (Do they have a combined name - Is that possible?)

Babies, babies, babies.

They will be the couple to have children! It will be interesting to see how Bernadette takes to her child as she hates children.

I think Howard's mom should make an appearance or an episode where the families go on an outing together.

Btw, what is Howard's mom's name? Do we know?

Simon does an amazing Robin Williams impression. IMAGINE IF THEY GOT ROBIN WILLIAMS ON THE SHOW. That would make my life.

Raj

Oh poor lonely Raj  :(

He needs a girlfriend. I haven't seen much of Lucy yet and I know some people don't like her. Not everyone liked Amy or Bernie at the start either.

He will start to be able to talk to all women not just Penny

If they keep Lucy he could help her with her issues

Stuart and Kripke

We need more scenes of Stuart and Raj. Maybe, they could go speed dating or something.

Kripke and Sheldon are too good together. I cried laughing at the toy rocket reference. Poor Sheldon just didn't understand that one.

Oh yeah and we NEED episode where Sheldon and Leonard mothers meet. I wonder if Amy would question Leonard's mom on her kiss with Sheldon or if she will be jealous? Hmmm.

I don't think I can say much more. I'm cream crackered after writing all that.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Like 1

Not much help in terms of an answer other to say that your guess is as good as anyone else's.  Someone said that Kate who plays Lucy may have a TV pilot in progress, so that may preclude her continuing on TBBT.  If we're going to apply reality to the characters (which is basically what we're doing on the forum), I don't see much of a future for Lucy - she's really got some emotional/psych problems.  I kind of like the Lucy character but unless she finds a way to conquer her extreme social phobia, I don't know how she'd become part of the gang.  On that subject, I'm still unclear how she ever attended Stuart's Valentine's Day party at the store, considering how terrified she is being around people.  

Anyway, I'm a secret romantic so I'd hope for L&P to move relationship forward more quickly, and I'd prefer not to have to wait 4 years to get to that mythical happy ending for them.  But others seem to think they'll dangle that one in front of us till the bitter end.

Well I'd like to see more romance for the shamy but I like how its going at the moment for them, they are the only couple for me that have lots of interesting progress for things to happen in the future

I don't think it's difficult to guess. The OP pretty much sums up the future. We all know the outcomes already. TBBT has become so predictable.

Edited by Moonbase

Guest DroneInTheSun

TBBT has always been predictable. It was clear from the pilot that L/P was going to be endgame and lots of individual episodes in the first seasons had a pretty obvious ending. It's a sitcom, not a thriller. What's interesting isn't the destination, it's the road taken to get there.

But to go back to the topic, the only babies I'd be okay with would be L/P's, because it's a nice tie in with Leonard's "smart and beautiful" line in the pilot. I don't like children myself and am not looking forward to seeing any on the show, especially not Bernadette's since she's the only fictional woman I know who clearly said she hates kids and doesn't want to have them and boy howdy do we know that sometimes.

As for S/A I'm okay with their slow progression and would take an ILY over coitus (although both are nice). H/B have always been boring so nothing new on that front, and I'm still hoping for Raj to come out as bi or pansexual.

Career-wise, I want to see the Shamy win a joint Nobel Prize because relationship of the mind and all that jazz. Leonard needs more recognition although he did get some with the Hawking expedition. Howard could get a doctorate just for fun, and Penny could get more acting roles and finally be able to make incomes out of it, even if she doesn't become super-famous (most professional actors don't)

Edited by LostInTheSun
  • Like 1

Marriages and babies are the two things I couldn't care less about. Especially babies. It's not that kind of show. 

I'm not fond of big events, maybe that's why I like this show so much, because everything is about small but significant changes. But I'm pretty open minded about the future, as long as the writing is good I'm happy with almost anything. The two things I wanted the most out of the show are Penny proposing to Leonard (and we now know that will happen) and Shamy working together. So I got one out of two so far. Sheldon accidentally winning a Nobel prize in yuck-squishy things at the end of the show for his work with Amy would be hilarious and fitting.

But no, no cliffhangers on the series finale, for the love of Neil. I don't want to watch 4 more years of S6 Shamy so they can save sex for the last seconds of the show and not even know the outcome. I want them to steadily and slowly and quirkily progress and end the show solidly together, not with a big question mark about what's happening.

In the near future, I want more career-driven storylines, less girls/boys segregated plots and more of the girls getting their geek on. 

Things I would like to imagine for the future TBBT show. :D

Sheldon

1.Dancing tango with Amy

2.More bending exercises with Penny

Leonard (When is coming back IF)

1.Less whiney

2.More of a backbone

Howard

1. Less of a Bernadette's boy

2. More fun with engineering.(science)

Raj

!. More indian dancing with Bernadette

2. Go back to his Indian country to get married

Bernadette

1. Being less of a pain

2. Dance with Howard more

Amy

1. Stop being a scientist and a nanny

2. Dance with Sheldon more

Penny

1. Take a break from Leonard :p

2. Persue the career of being a theatre actress.

• Like 1

Things I'd like to see:

Sheldon and Amy break up and become friends.
Sheldon becomes a mad scientist recluse and falls in love with his work again. He could even have a few flings with assistants.

Amy gets another boyfriend.

She could work with Sheldon but NO romance.

Howard hangs out with Raj again. They build stuff.
Bernadette gets some funny story lines about her work and they expand on her character.

Leonard falls in love with someone else OR helps Penny to get somewhere in her life.
Penny gets a part in a TV series.

Raj stops his whining. Either, goes out with Amy, comes out as bi (not gay) and gets a boyfriend. Not Stuart, there's no chemistry.
Lucy, I'm not bothered.

• Like 4

Moonbase you just took the words right out of my mouth, sheldon so needs to be madly in love with his work again :) I absolutely despised it that they gave him a "girlfriend" and he should win a noble prize for proving one of his theories. I would love to see the old sheldon back. Penny needs to be tightened up. Her career needs to soar and leonard needs to really prove himself in his expedition and it would interesting to see beverly hofstader again.

Please no marriages and babies, definitely not babies. The show needs more nerdy and geeky stuff and  I would love it if they concentrate more on that. i hope we don't see more of the weepy Raj anymore, I don't know whether I can watch another season of him crying over not finding the right girl.

Edited by Devashri
  • Like 1

Things I'd like to see:

Sheldon becomes a mad scientist recluse and falls in love with his work again. He could even have a few flings with assistants.

So you're basically saying that you wouldn't mind if Sheldon suddenly became interested in casual sex, lost his germ phobia and also decided he didn't care about homeostasis anymore so it would be possible for him to choose flings over a long term relationship....

....Just as long as he broke up with Amy.

Wow I'm sorry, you must have really lost hope for the show :(

• Like 3

Guest DroneInTheSun

Sheldon hasn't ~fallen out of love~ with his work. Just the idea of being second best to Kripke was enough to send him into such despair that he actually cried on screen. We hadn't seen that since 3x01 (another set of tears caused by his work, btw). Most people can actually be in love both with another person and with something else, be it their work or a TV show. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

But now I'm just laughing and can't take you seriously because of the idea of Sheldon having flings with assistants. That is literally the most Out Of Character thing I've ever read for him.

• Like 3

Sheldon hasn't ~fallen out of love~ with his work. Just the idea of being second best to Kripke was enough to send him into such despair that he actually cried on screen. We hadn't seen that since 3x01 (another set of tears caused by his work, btw). Most people can actually be in love both with another person and with something else, be it their work or a TV show. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

But now I'm just laughing and can't take you seriously because of the idea of Sheldon having flings with assistants. That is literally the most Out Of Character thing I've ever read for him.

Anyone but Amy.

Casual sex would also be incredibly practical if he were that way inclined, which so far he is not but I just put it out there because I'd rather see that, than shamy.

Edited by Moonbase

Anyone but Amy.

Casual sex would also be incredibly practical if he were that way inclined, which so far he is not but I just put it out there because I'd rather see that, than shamy.

You're living dangerously....... :icon_twisted:

• Like 1

You're living dangerously....... :icon_twisted:

No he is not, because we are all friends.. We must realise that we should unite against our real enemy... but the Cylons don't post here very much.

Eta. Oh, and the show's success, which is making TPTB contort the characters a bit to maintain the long run. But that's not a bad enemy to have. Another enemy is the set, but that's a well loved and useful character that they probably can't do major surgery on but is a constraint. I'd like to see them tackle that somehow. Maybe Penny can have faulty plumbing for a season and they introduce a hot but hopeless contractor to fuss Amy about - like a Zack - and Penny has to move in with Leonard. Sheldon then has to deal with the blonde monkey in his face AND compete for his girl. Or not.

We know the building services contractors are crap. Look at the lift. It could take a season to fix a gas leak.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Guest DroneInTheSun

Anyone but Amy.

I see. Confirms everything I ever thought about the people who want the Shamy to end - it all comes from the fact that you are a bunch of sexist people. A string of faceless lovers is better than his current girlfriend who dares being a strong female character. Okay then.

#DoneWithEverything

I see. Confirms everything I ever thought about the people who want the Shamy to end - it all comes from the fact that you are a bunch of sexist people. A string of faceless lovers is better than his current girlfriend who dares being a strong female character. Okay then.

#DoneWithEverything

Er no, I just don't like shamy.

Hey lost, isn't it an "ist" when one generalises and a personal opinion when its for one specific case?

i ask this in the spirit of enquiry. Also sexism doesn't explain the shenny, which meets your criterion. They want shamy off too.

i want amy to get some consistent recognition and respect and its been a long time coming. Onwards to s7, but i still think it's going to be dripfed.

and women are like an egg sandwich? We almost had a riot here because a religious leader made a similar comment. So what's that?

and I'm quoting the betty white vagina gag as often as I can cos its brilliant!

Guest DroneInTheSun

Most common reasons why people don't like the Shamy (and by extension H/B):

• "Amy's a sex starved girlfriend!" > in the same breath admit that they miss sex-starved Howard. Sexist double standard: 1 - Respect of women: 0
  • "Amy's changed Sheldon, he's not even into his job anymore, but I don't mind if he has sex with everyone else even if that is completely OOC" > pretty much admit that Sheldon changing isn't so much the problem since you don't mind OOC behaviours, so the problem comes from the fact that it's because of Amy specifically that he changed; Sheldon not having the upper hand in his relationship sucks more than Sheldon being a Casanova who treats women like sex toys. Sexist double standard: 2 - Respect of women: 0
  • "I liked Amy better when she was still a robot" > implies that emotional Amy sucks, and given how emotions have been linked to women for centuries, one can see how sexist this affirmation is. Sexist double standard: 3 - Respect of women: 0
  • "I miss the show when it was just four nerds and their sexy neighbour" > Penny is always valued only for her "sexy" physical appearance, never anything else; do I really need to point out why this is inherently sexist? Because if I do I give up on the human race for good. Also implies that it would be okay if Amy was sexy like Penny,  because then it would mean that the formula of the show didn't change; this strips Amy of any value as a character for the simple fact that she isn't sexy. Sexist double standard: 4 - Respect of women: 0

• "Amy is too ugly for Sheldon, Penny's the only one who looks right with him because they make a handsome couple." > I'm not even touching this one with a ten foot pole it's just so gross I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it. Sexist double standard: 5 - Respect of women: 0

And I could go on for years but I think I made my point and as a man soaking in male privilege, I don't expect you to understand and I'm too tired to even try to argue about this.

• Like 2

Lost, my sexism is not evidenced by my attitude to shamy. I find the permutations of the Sheldon character difficult and I think has not treated her well. But thanks for responding. Ill think about what you wrote. It must be late where you are.

and I don't soak in it. I sort of bob around and get buffeted by it. But assume away. I'm just glad we can discuss this.

Most common reasons why people don't like the Shamy (and by extension H/B):

• "Amy's a sex starved girlfriend!" > in the same breath admit that they miss sex-starved Howard. Sexist double standard: 1 - Respect of women: 0
  • "Amy's changed Sheldon, he's not even into his job anymore, but I don't mind if he has sex with everyone else even if that is completely OOC" > pretty much admit that Sheldon changing isn't so much the problem since you don't mind OOC behaviours, so the problem comes from the fact that it's because of Amy specifically that he changed; Sheldon not having the upper hand in his relationship sucks more than Sheldon being a Casanova who treats women like sex toys. Sexist double standard: 2 - Respect of women: 0
  • "I liked Amy better when she was still a robot" > implies that emotional Amy sucks, and given how emotions have been linked to women for centuries, one can see how sexist this affirmation is. Sexist double standard: 3 - Respect of women: 0
  • "I miss the show when it was just four nerds and their sexy neighbour" > Penny is always valued only for her "sexy" physical appearance, never anything else; do I really need to point out why this is inherently sexist? Because if I do I give up on the human race for good. Also implies that it would be okay if Amy was sexy like Penny,  because then it would mean that the formula of the show didn't change; this strips Amy of any value as a character for the simple fact that she isn't sexy. Sexist double standard: 4 - Respect of women: 0

• "Amy is too ugly for Sheldon, Penny's the only one who looks right with him because they make a handsome couple." > I'm not even touching this one with a ten foot pole it's just so gross I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it. Sexist double standard: 5 - Respect of women: 0

And I could go on for years but I think I made my point and as a man soaking in male privilege, I don't expect you to understand and I'm too tired to even try to argue about this.

Claiming that someone must be sexist, if they don't like shamy is the weakest argument I have ever heard. Not everyone is going to like that ship. You are taking it too personally and relating the character directly to yourself.

Guest DroneInTheSun

I am absolutely nothing like Amy at all and can differentiate reality from fiction very well but okay if it makes you feel better, you can assume otherwise. /shrugs

There are plenty of reasons for not liking the Shamy that are not sexist. Thinking Sheldon is a jerk to her like did Nogravitasatall, for example, or even just thinking they work better as friends. The ones I gave here which I've seen far too many people give, including you, are sexist and I even wrote why, do I really need to do it again?

You may dislike the Shamy for other reasons too, but those ones are sexist; but like I said, you're never going to understand anyway.

I just knee jerk on labels. I'd rather have the discussion with the person than an address an amorphous mass. Go back and find Ar Diem, Tensor and me spat about "slut". We got heated. And go see my prime ministers address to parliament about sexism, for fun. She's awesome.

but get some rest first.

I am absolutely nothing like Amy at all and can differentiate reality from fiction very well but okay if it makes you feel better, you can assume otherwise. /shrugs

There are plenty of reasons for not liking the Shamy that are not sexist. Thinking Sheldon is a jerk to her like did Nogravitasatall, for example, or even just thinking they work better as friends. The ones I gave here which I've seen far too many people give, including you, are sexist and I even wrote why, do I really need to do it again?

You may dislike the Shamy for other reasons too, but those ones are sexist; but like I said, you're never going to understand anyway.

That post of yours is a complete overreaction! Calling me sexist for no reason. Some people don't like Sheldon and Amy together, that's life! I prefer him single. The relationship/therapist vibe gives me the creeps! It's so patronising.

I never called Amy sex starved

I never said he was not into his job anymore - although how that is sexist is beyond me

I did say I liked her better when she was on the same page as Sheldon - again not sexist

I do miss the show when it was nerdier -  thats not even remotely sexist unless you try and make it all about Penny!!

I never said anything about Amy's looks.

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 1

As a woman and a bonafide geek (sci-fi, fantasy, manga, quizzing....the whole shabang), I'd like the address this "respect for women" issue mentioned in the Shamy context....

Firstly, I find Amy's character a big insult to female intellectuals in the first place....her need to be the centre of attention, rude behavior, clingy ways, constant references to her lady parts and Gerrad (I literally cringe everytime) and general dowdiness makes me feel more insulted than happy that a female geek is being represented on the show....honestly, I was a lot happier with Leslie Winkle in that context....I sometimes feel the writers dont know how to write the women's characters and make them uni-dimensional as a result....Amy's conversations often remind me of how guys who pose as women on the internet sound...seriously I haven't heard any female talk like that even among their female friends.... the only episode where I came close to relating to Amy was the tiara episode (ironically I had a similar tiara expeirence so it brought a smile to my fact)....but otherwise, I feel that female geeks are being mocked rather than being given a character they can identify with in that character of Amy....

Now for the Shamy matter...

1. I liked Amy when she first arrived because she had a devil may care attitude....by now portraying her as a sex starved girlfriend, it is implied that her previous aloofness was more out of circumstance than her own choice....so basically she actually wants to be like Penny and Bernadette but just never had the chance because she was geeky.... I am not saying she should remain asexual, but that doesn't mean she turns into a despo overnight either..... I feel like the writers are saying all girls are the same underneath but geeky girls are shunned in their early years and as a result are desperate for the attention they missed out on....thus, pathetic creatures.... I dont know how Howard'ssex starved ways come into the picture...I am okay with Howard being in a committed relationship....my only problem is that Howard is turning into a doormat....it would be nice if he developed a spine...and reverting him to his old sex starved self is not the solution...

2. As for Sheldon having sex with Amy being repulsive....well, with each passing episode, we see Amy concocting new ways to get Sheldon to be intimate with her....in some weird way, it reminds me of wily coyote setting traps for road runner.....the attraction seems forced....it always looks like Sheldon is trying his best to avoid physical intimacy with Amy and finaly concedes because she corners him in some way.... I accept her respects her intellectually but I dont see the physical connect at all.....and further, if she is going to have to force and emotionally blackmail him all the way to bed, that is disrespectful towards Amy in the first place....so either writers need to change their strategy and make the attraction a bit more mutual or I'd seriously rahter see Amy and Sheldon date other people....

3. I liked Amy as a detached intellectual because it seemed she was the way she was out of choice, and I respected that.....women being governed by emotion is a very stereotypical perception....anyway there are enough female characters on the show governed by emotion (Penny, Bernadette, Howard's Mum etc)....it would have been nice to have someone a little different....now she is just like everybody else, only needier....

4. I do miss the old dynamic of 4 +1 because it was funny....the introduction of new characters has resulted in a lopsided growth of characters...for instance Howard into a doormat and Raj into a gay sidekick (neither traits being in the earlier series).....Penny may be sexy but I liked her becaus eshe was a sweet girl next door with dreams...now she is a failed actress and a drunkard....it is giving the message that a pretty girl will only like a geeky guy (Lenoard) because she has failed at everything else and run out of options....but I digress....I am not saying Amy has to turn sexy....but if she were trying to entice Sheldon, wouldn't she try to look a bit nicer? At least a gradual transformation at least from her scary polyester attire to something more regular....if they are making her more warm blooded and trying to fit in, wouldn't her caring for her appearance be one of the first things she would do? Its not about looking beautiful or sexy...it is about taking a minimum amount of care of yourself....you cant expect others to care for you if you dont care for yourself...

5. Amy is not ugly....but that being said, I wish he'd date a better representation of female geekdom (An Irene Adler to his Sherlock Holmes)...or they should go to the other extreme and let him date a nice girl next door type (a complete contrast of him)....because this one-sided pursuit of Sheldon by Amy is seriously offensive...its giving the message that brainy girls are frustrated and have little self-respect....

• Like 3