Marriage, Babies, The Future? What Would You Like To See?!

Dora92

As a woman and a bonafide geek (sci-fi, fantasy, manga, quizzing....the whole shabang), I'd like the address this "respect for women" issue mentioned in the Shamy context....

Firstly, I find Amy's character a big insult to female intellectuals in the first place....her need to be the centre of attention, rude behavior, clingy ways, constant references to her lady parts and Gerrad (I literally cringe everytime) and general dowdiness makes me feel more insulted than happy that a female geek is being represented on the show....honestly, I was a lot happier with Leslie Winkle in that context....I sometimes feel the writers dont know how to write the women's characters and make them uni-dimensional as a result....Amy's conversations often remind me of how guys who pose as women on the internet sound...seriously I haven't heard any female talk like that even among their female friends.... the only episode where I came close to relating to Amy was the tiara episode (ironically I had a similar tiara expeirence so it brought a smile to my fact)....but otherwise, I feel that female geeks are being mocked rather than being given a character they can identify with in that character of Amy....

Now for the Shamy matter...

1. I liked Amy when she first arrived because she had a devil may care attitude....by now portraying her as a sex starved girlfriend, it is implied that her previous aloofness was more out of circumstance than her own choice....so basically she actually wants to be like Penny and Bernadette but just never had the chance because she was geeky.... I am not saying she should remain asexual, but that doesn't mean she turns into a despo overnight either..... I feel like the writers are saying all girls are the same underneath but geeky girls are shunned in their early years and as a result are desperate for the attention they missed out on....thus, pathetic creatures.... I dont know how Howard'ssex starved ways come into the picture...I am okay with Howard being in a committed relationship....my only problem is that Howard is turning into a doormat....it would be nice if he developed a spine...and reverting him to his old sex starved self is not the solution...

2. As for Sheldon having sex with Amy being repulsive....well, with each passing episode, we see Amy concocting new ways to get Sheldon to be intimate with her....in some weird way, it reminds me of wily coyote setting traps for road runner.....the attraction seems forced....it always looks like Sheldon is trying his best to avoid physical intimacy with Amy and finaly concedes because she corners him in some way.... I accept her respects her intellectually but I dont see the physical connect at all.....and further, if she is going to have to force and emotionally blackmail him all the way to bed, that is disrespectful towards Amy in the first place....so either writers need to change their strategy and make the attraction a bit more mutual or I'd seriously rahter see Amy and Sheldon date other people....

3. I liked Amy as a detached intellectual because it seemed she was the way she was out of choice, and I respected that.....women being governed by emotion is a very stereotypical perception....anyway there are enough female characters on the show governed by emotion (Penny, Bernadette, Howard's Mum etc)....it would have been nice to have someone a little different....now she is just like everybody else, only needier....

4. I do miss the old dynamic of 4 +1 because it was funny....the introduction of new characters has resulted in a lopsided growth of characters...for instance Howard into a doormat and Raj into a gay sidekick (neither traits being in the earlier series).....Penny may be sexy but I liked her becaus eshe was a sweet girl next door with dreams...now she is a failed actress and a drunkard....it is giving the message that a pretty girl will only like a geeky guy (Lenoard) because she has failed at everything else and run out of options....but I digress....I am not saying Amy has to turn sexy....but if she were trying to entice Sheldon, wouldn't she try to look a bit nicer? At least a gradual transformation at least from her scary polyester attire to something more regular....if they are making her more warm blooded and trying to fit in, wouldn't her caring for her appearance be one of the first things she would do? Its not about looking beautiful or sexy...it is about taking a minimum amount of care of yourself....you cant expect others to care for you if you dont care for yourself...

5. Amy is not ugly....but that being said, I wish he'd date a better representation of female geekdom (An Irene Adler to his Sherlock Holmes)...or they should go to the other extreme and let him date a nice girl next door type (a complete contrast of him)....because this one-sided pursuit of Sheldon by Amy is seriously offensive...its giving the message that brainy girls are frustrated and have little self-respect....

Wow! this is everything I wish I could have said and more. None of my nerdy female friends are even remotely like Amy, she is represented badly and you summed it up so well.

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 2

Wow! this is everything I wish I could have said and more. None of my nerdy female friends are even remotely like Amy, she is represented badly and you summed it up so well.

Thanks Moonbase... :)

As a woman and a bonafide geek (sci-fi, fantasy, manga, quizzing....the whole shabang), I'd like the address this "respect for women" issue mentioned in the Shamy context....

Firstly, I find Amy's character a big insult to female intellectuals in the first place....her need to be the centre of attention, rude behavior, clingy ways, constant references to her lady parts and Gerrad (I literally cringe everytime) and general dowdiness makes me feel more insulted than happy that a female geek is being represented on the show....honestly, I was a lot happier with Leslie Winkle in that context....I sometimes feel the writers dont know how to write the women's characters and make them uni-dimensional as a result....Amy's conversations often remind me of how guys who pose as women on the internet sound...seriously I haven't heard any female talk like that even among their female friends.... the only episode where I came close to relating to Amy was the tiara episode (ironically I had a similar tiara expeirence so it brought a smile to my fact)....but otherwise, I feel that female geeks are being mocked rather than being given a character they can identify with in that character of Amy....

Now for the Shamy matter...

1. I liked Amy when she first arrived because she had a devil may care attitude....by now portraying her as a sex starved girlfriend, it is implied that her previous aloofness was more out of circumstance than her own choice....so basically she actually wants to be like Penny and Bernadette but just never had the chance because she was geeky.... I am not saying she should remain asexual, but that doesn't mean she turns into a despo overnight either..... I feel like the writers are saying all girls are the same underneath but geeky girls are shunned in their early years and as a result are desperate for the attention they missed out on....thus, pathetic creatures.... I dont know how Howard'ssex starved ways come into the picture...I am okay with Howard being in a committed relationship....my only problem is that Howard is turning into a doormat....it would be nice if he developed a spine...and reverting him to his old sex starved self is not the solution...

2. As for Sheldon having sex with Amy being repulsive....well, with each passing episode, we see Amy concocting new ways to get Sheldon to be intimate with her....in some weird way, it reminds me of wily coyote setting traps for road runner.....the attraction seems forced....it always looks like Sheldon is trying his best to avoid physical intimacy with Amy and finaly concedes because she corners him in some way.... I accept her respects her intellectually but I dont see the physical connect at all.....and further, if she is going to have to force and emotionally blackmail him all the way to bed, that is disrespectful towards Amy in the first place....so either writers need to change their strategy and make the attraction a bit more mutual or I'd seriously rahter see Amy and Sheldon date other people....

3. I liked Amy as a detached intellectual because it seemed she was the way she was out of choice, and I respected that.....women being governed by emotion is a very stereotypical perception....anyway there are enough female characters on the show governed by emotion (Penny, Bernadette, Howard's Mum etc)....it would have been nice to have someone a little different....now she is just like everybody else, only needier....

4. I do miss the old dynamic of 4 +1 because it was funny....the introduction of new characters has resulted in a lopsided growth of characters...for instance Howard into a doormat and Raj into a gay sidekick (neither traits being in the earlier series).....Penny may be sexy but I liked her becaus eshe was a sweet girl next door with dreams...now she is a failed actress and a drunkard....it is giving the message that a pretty girl will only like a geeky guy (Lenoard) because she has failed at everything else and run out of options....but I digress....I am not saying Amy has to turn sexy....but if she were trying to entice Sheldon, wouldn't she try to look a bit nicer? At least a gradual transformation at least from her scary polyester attire to something more regular....if they are making her more warm blooded and trying to fit in, wouldn't her caring for her appearance be one of the first things she would do? Its not about looking beautiful or sexy...it is about taking a minimum amount of care of yourself....you cant expect others to care for you if you dont care for yourself...

5. Amy is not ugly....but that being said, I wish he'd date a better representation of female geekdom (An Irene Adler to his Sherlock Holmes)...or they should go to the other extreme and let him date a nice girl next door type (a complete contrast of him)....because this one-sided pursuit of Sheldon by Amy is seriously offensive...its giving the message that brainy girls are frustrated and have little self-respect....

Well said.

People tend to overthink the show. To me it's just about what's funny, which everyone will have a different opinion about.

I liked Sheldon and Amy as "robots" because it was funny as well as unique. It was refreshing to see characters who were content with their lives and didn't care about sex and relationships, in fact they looked at others' obsession with sex and romance as a human weakness or character flaw. They were a great contrast to the other characters which made for great comedy and dialogue. Now they're being forced down the same path as the others. As for "growth" and "happiness", if they were real-life friends of mine I would want them to grow and be happy, but they're not, so I don't.  Not sure what kind of "ist" that makes me but I'm sure I'll be told.

• Like 1

Er no, I just don't like shamy.

Some questions:

1. You had said several times you once liked Shamy (enough to inspire you a little comic, wich, btw, portrayed an scene that discussed the potential increase in intimacy between them) I think I'd asked you before, but never got a reply: what did you use to like about them?

2. Why had you acquired such a definitive attitude against them? So, you like asexual Sheldon but you are also happy to see him to have sex with "anyone but Amy"? why?

3. What would make you revive your simpathy for their relationship? I think there must be something, specially since you had said you once liked them and, as far I know, you have no other shipping agenda like so many Shamy/Amy-haters out there.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 1

Guest DroneInTheSun

Sheldon needs to be the center of attention and is loved for it. Sheldon is rude and is loved for it. The guys regularly mention masturbating and people find that funny. Howard used to be into sexual harrassment and people miss that. Amy dares being these things and she's an evil witch. That's because a man who does that is always a badass. A woman who does that never is.* And yet you're telling me there is no double standard? Please.  And the notion that Amy has to be the embodiment of the female geek and is failing at that is terrible in itself, because you're telling me female geeks can only ever fit one type of personality and if you don't see the problem with that then I really can't do anything for you.

*(we get the same problem with Leonard and Penny. Leonard goes out with plenty of women, he's Casanova; Penny does the same, she's a slut. But okay there is no double standard at all you are right my mistake. Not.)

Howard comes into the picture because there is a thread somewhere on this forum dedicated to people missing creepy disgusting douchbag Howard who would sexually harrass all women he sees, but when Amy dares telling her boyfriend "dessert is served" and dropping the innuendo as soon as he makes it clear he doesn't understand what she means, there is an uproar of "Amy's a sex-starved girlfriend". But that is not sexist? Pleeeaaase I'm getting a headache over here. The notion that Amy is sex-starved in itself is pretty ridiculous because if she was in this relationship for sex she'd be really stupid. She doesn't want just sex, she wants intimacy. What bad is there with wanting to have a deeper relationship with the guy you're going out with?

Once she told him "dessert is served" and he didn't pick up; once she showed him her defoliated bikini zone and he didn't pick up; once he offered to spank her and he didn't pick up; once she said Snow White needed a kiss and he didn't pick up. That is literally the only things that happened but you're right, she's setting traps all the time. I think The Love Spell Potential addressed that issue pretty clearly. Amy is all talks but when it comes to the real deal she's as shy as anyone and Sheldon initiated the role play sex even after she said "let's go back out there". There is no blackmailing here. You seem convinced that Sheldon isn't going to say no if he doesn't want to, to which I ask are we even watching the same show?

That would be perfectly fine if you didn't think being needy is a fault in Amy when all the guys on the show are needy. It's okay with Raj, Howard, Leonard and Sheldon, but it's not with Amy. That is a double standard.

1. Raj having gay undertones and a woman daring to be stronger than her husband are bad? Wow. I hope you're proud of your life choices because they are not good ones and no one is going to like them besides you (and other people who make bad choices but they hardly count in my book tbh)

2. Thinking Sheldon would fall for Amy were she sexier only proves that on the one hand you really don't get Sheldon at all and on the other hand you're implying that a woman owes prettiness to a man if she wants to be """rewarded""" with physical attention. But you don't see how this is sexist?

3. Amy has an impecable hygiene, her hair is always neetly combed, and her clothes are always clean. She very much takes care of herself. Because it doesn't fell into your standards of what is supposed to be "taking care of oneself's" doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself. You're imposing sexist ideals of beauty on a character who was from the very beginning the proof that you can decide to not be conventionally sexy and yet be comfortable in your own skin and even over confident about it and if you don't see how this is a problem then woah. That is literally all I have to say on the matter.

And you're all acting like being called out on sexist double standards is the worst thing ever, but hint: it really isn't.

Edited by LostInTheSun
  • Like 5

Hey, you got some rest. Am I in You All? It looks like your addressing Panki, then you go a bit shot-gun. I'm trying not be sexist. Its hard, what with the chromosomes and all the societal conditioning. Have you read any Sheri S Tepper? You might enjoy her. I did.

Eta. I just notice I can't like my own post anymore. Dang. Come on Lost, help me out.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

So much squibble and words trying to clutching at straws. Myself I would say nothing until season 7 is approaching. I would not like guess work in any direction of the parties. If members wish  to do so... to show off their abilities in writing... fine by me. But please do not impose... I never do at any cost.

The bedroom scene is a winner I know. I also know that the writers like to tease the audience with many plots. So clever their are to see how things are going and to tip off out their hats (by magic) what is the best story line to pursue, according to their own experience in the direction of the show.

• Like 2

I just think it's amusing that people seem to think all females need to be pretty or quirkless to make good TV characters, if they're gonna be smart they HAVE to be attractive or otherwise perfect (because all women are so kind and loving and love ponies and rainbows...it's simple biology, duh) or it's sexist blah blah blah. As Lost mentioned the guys are loved even if they're unattractive or quirky. Yes as much as everyone finds Sheldon hot as a cross bun he's not supposed to be yet he's still endeared himself to everyone. But why is it that as soon as Amy has some features of Sheldon and a few from Howard, two beloved characters (the quirky mixed with the interest in sex) she's suddenly sexist and we're not allowed to like her? 

Think about it. Would Sheldon be as popular if he were female? I highly doubt it, just because he doesn't fit in with society's 'image' for girls. I'm also willing to bet that if Amy were male nobody would have this kind of problem. That in itself is sexist because it's simple gender stereotyping. So, in my opinion, Amy is the most empowering female on the show, and the fact that she's found a man who loves her for who she is speaks volumes for our world. Just because you don't know any women like Amy doesn't mean they don't exist. Mayim herself said she knows women like Amy, and she's been in the science industry for years all the way up to earning her PhD. Are those women not allowed to find love? Because they're not 'proper' women? I get that people don't like shamy, that's fine, but to say Amy is an inaccurately portrayed female is just ridiculous.

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 5

There were lots of little things that were funny, about Amy at first but they took it too far. Rubbing her armpit on Sheldon's phone and licking his stapler was creepy on a level, which eclipsed anything Howard has ever done. And it just kept coming. The backseat flash of bandages and knickers was just icky. Now, every story Amy is involved in, is about manipulation, in some form or another.

Yes, Howard was a sleaze bag but he wasn't in a relationship with Penny. He was never going to be. Imagine, if Bernadette was like Sheldon and it was Howard, who was waiting for her to come round to the idea of sex.

Sheldon is clueless when it comes to sexual behaviour. The contrast between them is just too great now. It makes me so uncomfortable and I won't apologise for this because if they had not made Amy go down this road, I would still be a shamy supporter.

• Like 1

I just think it's amusing that people seem to think all females need to be pretty or quirkless to make good TV characters, if they're gonna be smart they HAVE to be attractive or otherwise perfect (because all women are so kind and loving and love ponies and rainbows...it's simple biology, duh) or it's sexist blah blah blah. As Lost mentioned the guys are loved even if they're unattractive or quirky. Yes as much as everyone finds Sheldon hot as a cross bun he's not supposed to be but he's still endeared himself to everyone. But why is it that as soon as Amy has some features of Sheldon and a few from Howard, two beloved characters (the quirky mixed with the interest in sex) she's suddenly sexist and we're not allowed to like her? 

Think about it. Would Sheldon be as popular if he were female? I highly doubt it, just because he doesn't fit in with society's 'image' for girls. I'm also willing to bet that if Amy were male nobody would have this kind of problem. That in itself is sexist because it's simple gender stereotyping. So, in my opinion, Amy is the most empowering female on the show, and the fact that she's found a man who loves her for who she is speaks volumes for our world. Just because you don't know any women like Amy doesn't mean they don't exist. Mayim herself said she knows women like Amy, and she's been in the science industry for years all the way up to earning her PhD. Are those women not allowed to find love? Because they're not 'proper' women? I get that people don't like shamy, that's fine, but to say Amy is an inaccurately portrayed female is just ridiculous.

But this woman who who you claim is so empowered, it being degraded. She spends her life masturbating because the guy she loves, can't have sex with her. So she must wait, until the man changes.

But this woman who who you claim is so empowered, it being degraded. She spends her life masturbating because the guy she loves, can't have sex with her. So she must wait, until the man changes.

Idk, sometimes one masturbates for the hell of it. She did wire herself up to the pleasure button and press it some 126 times, before she met Sheldon. And I imagine the toothbrush is named after Gerard Butler, but that's just me. Lol.

There were lots of little things that were funny, about Amy at first but they took it too far. Rubbing her armpit on Sheldon's phone and licking his stapler was creepy on a level, which eclipsed anything Howard has ever done. And it just kept coming. The backseat flash of bandages and knickers was just icky. Now, every story Amy is involved in, is about manipulation, in some form or another.

Yes, Howard was a sleaze bag but he wasn't in a relationship with Penny. He was never going to be. Imagine, if Bernadette was like Sheldon and it was Howard, who was waiting for her to come round to the idea of sex.

Sheldon is clueless when it comes to sexual behaviour. The contrast between them is just too great now. It makes me so uncomfortable and I won't apologise for this because if they had not made Amy go down this road, I would still be a shamy supporter.

I get it, it all comes down to personal preference. I still stand by the fact that she isn't sexist or inaccurate because anyone can do anything, But I guess while I look at all the things that make her endearing and a good match for Sheldon (she's smart, funny and more patient with him than probably any other woman would be.) you look at the things you find 'creepy' more seriously.

You're saying she waits until he changes now but then other times you say she's pushing him too hard and trying to change him herself. Again, while you see it as her being degraded, I see her as someone who understands his issues and loves him regardless. She knows for a fact that he isn't a lost cause, he's working on his issues because he wants to. If he were a lost cause and she were just sticking with it then yes, I would see her as hopeless and desperate but at the moment, I think she's got huge amounts of love and willpower. It's just the different way we see things.

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 1

Idk, sometimes one masturbates for the hell of it. She did wire herself up to the pleasure button and press it some 126 times, before she met Sheldon. And I imagine the toothbrush is named after Gerard Butler, but that's just me. Lol.

Noggie!! I was making a point about empowerment. I mean come on! The plain girl has a sexless partner?

• Like 1

Blame Heinlein and the reconstruction of Woodrow Wilson Smith in "Time enough for Love". Had a big effect. Lol. And maybe I suddenly channeled Lorre and 2.5 dudes. Oops. Out now.

... But the damn show keeps referencing Heimlich instead of Heinlein. That's something I'd like to see fixed for the future. It's hokum first aid.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Blame Heinlein and the reconstruction of Woodrow Wilson Smith in "Time enough for Love". Had a big effect. Lol. And maybe I suddenly channeled Lorre and 2.5 dudes. Oops. Out now.

... But the damn show keeps referencing Heimlich instead of Heinlein. That's something I'd like to see fixed for the future. It's hokum first aid.

As usual I didn't have a clue what you were on about. :icon_redface: Heinlein?

So I googled and found this... :icon_eek:

220px-Project_moonbase.jpg

Used one of these for a avatar once but never knew he was referenced.

Edited by Moonbase

I was wondering whether the female characters seemed two dimensional, and wondered if they'd just transfered traits from the male to female characters. But when I checked they had brought in more women writers, so I suposed they were creating female character's perspective. Then I thought, the male characters are two dimensional as well, generally! I have a feeling writers create characters, but then really concentrate on putting them into different situations, and they probably do have multiple potential plots. Ask youself this; who can you imagine being intimate? Sheldon and Amy? And yes there probably will always be some double standards, unless we can eradicate the idea of gender.

I'd like more Sheldon and Penny scenes (not just because I'm a shenny) but because they are such a great comedy duo. They have this rhythm that they just fall into, which I think is rare.  

I don't want to see babies or any more weddings. I thought Howard and Bernadette's wedding was really boring. Even though I like them. 

More science stuff, like how the current CERN results will effect Sheldon's livelihood. This is driving me insane! Is he going to switch to loop quantum gravity and admit Leslie may have been right about string theory?

• Like 1

I'd like more Sheldon and Penny scenes (not just because I'm a shenny) but because they are such a great comedy duo. They have this rhythm that they just fall into, which I think is rare.  

I don't want to see babies or any more weddings. I thought Howard and Bernadette's wedding was really boring. Even though I like them. 

More science stuff, like how the current CERN results will effect Sheldon's livelihood. This is driving me insane! Is he going to switch to loop quantum gravity and admit Leslie may have been right about string theory?

I'm not a Shenny shipper but I love their scenes together.

Firstly, I find Amy's character a big insult to female intellectuals in the first place....(...) , I feel that female geeks are being mocked rather than being given a character they can identify with in that character of Amy.... (...)  I feel like the writers are saying all girls are the same underneath but geeky girls are shunned in their early years and as a result are desperate for the attention they missed out on....thus, pathetic creatures. (...)  I am not saying Amy has to turn sexy....but if she were trying to entice Sheldon, wouldn't she try to look a bit nicer? At least a gradual transformation at least from her scary polyester attire to something more regular....if they are making her more warm blooded and trying to fit in, wouldn't her caring for her appearance be one of the first things she would do? (...) Amy is not ugly....but that being said, I wish he'd date a better representation of female geekdom (An Irene Adler to his Sherlock Holmes)

Oh yeah, I get it, so basically you want something like this:

sexy-nerd-costume-lg.jpg

Well, you know? I want my nerd guys like this:

tumblr_mec0kxvI0m1rtiyedo1_500.jpg

But I have to be contented with the skinny, short, dorky, crazy guys of the show, I mean, why don't they work out?, dress better?, are more fashionable? Oh!, because they are men!, of course nothing of that applies to them. Silly me!

I'm so sorry Amy Farrah Fowler, with her plainess and awkwardness, insult so much your concept of what a geeky-nerdy girl MUST be. Because, of course, there are no plain, awkward nerd girls out there (her having a weird hobby as harp-playing, liking ancient Italian literature and being passionate about Neuroscience doesn't count, because all those who doesn't read comic books or similar ultra-cool stuff doesn`t qualify as "geeky" either)

Doesn't matter if she is intelligent, economically independent, a published author in one of the top magazines of her field, and as a person she is kind, supportive and a good friend and girlfriend. Couldn't she do something with her hair?, to wear a miniskirt would hurt too much? can't she understand that just maybe then she will make her boyfriend to look at her? In all honesty, Sheldon's disinterest is all her fault. how low self-steem she has!

I'd forgotten for a minute the main (and probably the only) power women have over men is the capacity of being lusted after, otherwise, they are pathetic losers.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 1

This thread has a life of it's own, and is the most interesting. I liked it when Amy combined science and seduction on Sheldon; playing special music, special food, and playing Star Trek doctor. Wasn't this an example of her using her intellect to get what she wanted!

Oh yeah, I get it, so basically you want something like this:

sexy-nerd-costume-lg.jpg

Well, you know? I want my nerd guys like this:

tumblr_mec0kxvI0m1rtiyedo1_500.jpg

But I have to be contented with the skinny, short, dorky, crazy guys of the show, I mean, why don't they work out?, dress better?, are more fashionable? Oh!, because they are men!, of course nothing of that applies to them. Silly me!

I'm so sorry Amy Farrah Fowler, with her plainess and awkwardness, insult so much your concept of what a geeky-nerdy girl MUST be. Because, of course, there are no plain, awkward nerd girls out there (her having a weird hobby as harp-playing, liking ancient Italian literature and being passionate about Neuroscience doesn't count, because all those who doesn't read comic books or similar ultra-cool stuff doesn`t qualify as "geeky" either)

Doesn't matter if she is intelligent, economically independent, a published author in one of the top magazines of her field, and as a person she is kind, supportive and a good friend and girlfriend. Couldn't she do something with her hair?, to wear a miniskirt would hurt too much? can't she understand that just maybe then she will make her boyfriend to look at her? In all honesty, Sheldon's disinterest is all her fault. how low self-steem she has!

I'd forgotten for a minute the main (and probably the only) power women have over men is the capacity of being lusted after, otherwise, they are pathetic losers.

you obviously haven't read my post properly.... thats all I have to say...

Edited by Tripper
Fixed duplicate quote.
  • Like 1

I was like, where did that awful picture some from? I like Sheldon just how he is pale and interesting. Always preferred pale and interesting.  :p

Edited by Spaced_up

I was like, where did that awful picture some from? I like Sheldon just how he is pale and interesting. Always preferred pale and interesting:p

Oh look!, just as Amy (and unlike Penny ;) )

Really?

What I get from your post is that you are asking a lot from a character like Amy without asking anything in return from her male counterpart (because I guess Shellybean is purrrrfect just as he is), and that you think Sheldon's girlfriend should be cuter, geekier (according to your criteria, of course) and sexually passive/attractive.

I've read the same kind of petitions of a "hotter" GF for Sheldon from some male viewers of the show, now I see, according to your post, Amy should also be "beautified" in order to live up to the expectation of representing some kind of fantasy nerdy-geeky role model for female viewers.

I was wondering if Penny's constant dismissal and mocking of anything nerdy and her constant assumption of the inexistence of female geeks doesn't hurt your bona fide geek girl sensibility, but I guess not, since you want to give the blonde former bully the awesome man-prize that Shelly represents and creepy Amy doesn't deserve.

As a female nerd who has a lot more to do with Amy's awkwardness than with the hip-chic geekness you want to see portrayed on TV, I feel somewhat offended by your petition of plain Amy being cut-off from the show because someone of her likes shouldn't be on a TV screen.

If that's not what you wanted to say, then write it properly.

• Like 2

Hey 'nerdy' women are hot, whatever they look like. If you are going to spend time with someone, you want them to have a great mind, and eclectic interests. That'll keep the relationship 'buzzing'. Amy acknowledges that she wears 'grandma' clothes, but I think, she thinks, any guy who can see past the 'drab' mask, is really interested in me. Correct me on this assumption! What do you think all their babies would be like? H&B> his haircut and her whiny voice, S&A> unfortunately 'dumbass'!