The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dora92

Marriage, Babies, The Future? What Would You Like To See?!

I just want to know how my picture got on the internet...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to clarify, wich one is yours, the miniskirted or the shirtless one?

• Like 1

Oh look!, just as Amy (and unlike Penny ;) )

Sheldon is handsome. They can call him a praying mantis, as many times as they like. It's just misdirection, he's pure eye candy. 

• Like 2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to clarify, wich one is yours, the miniskirted or the shirtless one?

Not enough: " I like the dance without pants" (Sheldon quote) :icon_evil:

I'm a little surprised that all the nerd-girl discussion has ignored Bernadette. She has a Ph.D. and a highly paid job at a pharmaceutical company. That seems to qualify as a nerd girl to me. Most of the time, her outfits are only slightly less dowdy that Amy's. That she's dated around some, and seems slightly more socially capable is true, but she fell in love with and married Howard, who's pretty darn nerdy too. On that first double date, she was pretty off-putting as well. Until they bonded over overbearing mothers, it was a disaster of a date, and pretty much due to Bernie being damn awkward and strange. Amy and Sheldon's first meeting went much smoother in comparison.

As to the initial topic of the thread, I really loved the scheming of the various combinations of characters in "The 43 Peculiarity" and the parking spot episode. Howard and Raj trying to figure out what Sheldon was up to was the funniest thing of the season, IMO. The couples conflicting over the parking space, the tenure deal and the game night were great. I'd also like to see more science like in the Halloween episode. Leonard showed off some pretty cool things, and they tied it in nicely with the relationship. There could be a nice role reversal with Leonard getting turned by Penny's acting. We saw a bit of that when Penny bought the glasses and then purred "molecules" at Leonard.

My 2 cents: I think the show does a really good job portraying a spectrum of different female characters: You have Penny - the "hot-girl" of the show who is better at some masculine-ish activities like killing a spider and fishing than the guys in the shows. You have Bernadette - a nerd that has a PhD but also has a very distinctive feminine style showing that a woman can be empowered and also feminine (it's not an Either or Or thing) and then you have Amy - a geeky girl who just doesn't seem to care much for fashion and hair-styling beyond it being comfortable for her. I personally think that is very true to life - I know geeky girls that take pride in their appearance, apply makeup, do their hair and dress up everyday and I also know geeky girls who just can't bother to spend time on dressing up fancily and just get up, shower, make sure they're clean, pick out a random outfit from the closet, get tidy, and get out of the apartment quickly. Leslie Winkle's character also stood out to me - again she did not have the best fashion sense but she was very independent and very assertive regarding seriously asking guys out for coitus. So yeah, overall as a female, I am satisfied with the portrayal of females in the show.

I do not know who stated that Jim Parsons is pure eye-candy but I strongly disagree. First off, beauty is completely subjective so just cause someone's an eye-candy to one person doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way. However, given that - I do think that some people are just naturally almost objectively gorgeous or "pure eye-candy" (like Aishwarya Rai or Kaley Cuoco for example). But I definitely do not think that is the case with Sheldon/Jim Parsons. When I first started watching the show, his looks did not stand out to me at all. I think for most fans, Jim Parsons caught their attention with his acting and his personality rather than his looks. Now contrast that with an actor like Matt Bomer or even Brad Pitt (when he was young) - actors who I would argue are objectively hot and whose looks stand out immediately. Personally, while I greatly admire JP as an actor, he doesn't get my motor running. I will agree however that he is aesthetically pleasing to look at - but I also find the rest of the actors - Johnny Galecki, Kunal Nayyer, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch, Simon Helberg aesthetically pleasing to look at. As actors, and television actors nonetheless, they all have to be aesthetically pleasing to look at and videogenic (video-friendly) to a certain extent to enter and then persist/remain in the industry but I think that's very different from being "pure eye-candy" which I would argue Penny/Kaley Cuoco is.

Edited by menamena

I'm a little surprised that all the nerd-girl discussion has ignored Bernadette. She has a Ph.D. and a highly paid job at a pharmaceutical company. That seems to qualify as a nerd girl to me. Most of the time, her outfits are only slightly less dowdy that Amy's. That she's dated around some, and seems slightly more socially capable is true, but she fell in love with and married Howard, who's pretty darn nerdy too. On that first double date, she was pretty off-putting as well. Until they bonded over overbearing mothers, it was a disaster of a date, and pretty much due to Bernie being damn awkward and strange. Amy and Sheldon's first meeting went much smoother in comparison.

As to the initial topic of the thread, I really loved the scheming of the various combinations of characters in "The 43 Peculiarity" and the parking spot episode. Howard and Raj trying to figure out what Sheldon was up to was the funniest thing of the season, IMO. The couples conflicting over the parking space, the tenure deal and the game night were great. I'd also like to see more science like in the Halloween episode. Leonard showed off some pretty cool things, and they tied it in nicely with the relationship. There could be a nice role reversal with Leonard getting turned by Penny's acting. We saw a bit of that when Penny bought the glasses and then purred "molecules" at Leonard.

I'm not surprised Bernadette was included, she a completely forgettable character. I mean, who the hell cares? She's just kind of there.

As for the Sheldon and Penny combo being all about looks, that just all seems a bit silly to me. Something someone would use to attack shippers. The writers wouldn't have bothered with all those fun episodes if these two characters had nothing but good looks in common. :icon_rolleyes:

I do agree that 43 was the best episode this season by a massive margin, and I loved the hologram and Leonard's little speech about it to Penny. Perfect!

menamena

Jim Parsons was only called 'eye candy' as a counter to him being called a pasty praying mantis, it was never implied that this is all he was. It was implied that this is misdirection, we are not supposed to see Sheldon as good looking. But the truth is, he is good looking and most people here think so too. But you can't please everyone.

Edited by Moonbase

menamena

Jim Parsons was only called 'eye candy' as a counter to him being called a pasty praying mantis, it was never implied that this is all he was. It was implied that this is misdirection, we are not supposed to see Sheldon as good looking. But the truth is, he is good looking and most people here think so too. But you can't please everyone.

Really? It sure did not seem like it because the poster specifically brought up the counter-point when another person mentioned that Sheldon is similar to Amy and unlike Penny because they are both pale and interesting (a description that originated from the original poster) as if to argue that unlike Amy, Sheldon is "pure eye candy" and thus similar to Penny in that respect. And basically I disagree with the whole Sheldon is "pure eye candy" part. When I think pure eye-candy, I think of Ryan Gosling, Matt Bomer or Ian Somerhalder, not Sheldon/Jim Parsons.  I should state that I do think Jim Parsons is good-looking (which I stated in my previous post with the whole aesthetically pleasing part) but again I think the same of Mayim Bialik, Johnny Galecki, Melissa Rauch, Kunal Nayyer and Simon Helberg - they are all good-looking IMO. But separating Jim Parsons from Sheldon the character - I agree with you in that we are not supposed to see Sheldon as good-looking even though he is. However, I feel the same way about the rest of the characters. Bernadette is made out to be this average-looking girl when she is just gorgeous. Raj, Howard, Leonard are pretty cute and not as unattractive as they are portrayed to be. Same for AFF - even though she is called plain, according to me, she is someone who is clearly pretty who just doesn't help herself with the unflattering clothes she wears - and this is apparent when she dresses up in clothes that actually fit her (like that Star-Trek/Snow White costumes).

Edited by menamena
  • Like 2

Really? It sure did not seem like it because the poster specifically brought up the counter-point when another person mentioned that Sheldon is similar to Amy and unlike Penny because they are both pale and interesting

Completely wrong! :icon_rolleyes:

Oh look!, just as Amy (and unlike Penny ;) )

This quote was aimed at my own personal likes and dislikes not, the characters on the show. She was saying I was like Amy. I find Jim/Sheldon attractive and I laugh my head off every time they try to make out he is not. There was no other meaning intended.

Edited by Spaced_up

Completely wrong! :icon_rolleyes:

I find Jim/Sheldon attractive and I laugh my head off every time the show tries to make out he is not. There was no other meaning intended. No one in their right mind could deny how important Sheldon is to the show.

In your opinion. Appearances are entirely subjective so no-one can be completely wrong on this subject. But it is true that none of the characters (apart from Penny) were intended to be physically attractive by the creators but of course many fans see otherwise and I'm sure the writers see that now. Of course he's important to the show, but that doesn't necessarily equate to attractiveness in everyone's eyes.

Edited by Razberrypie

In your opinion. Appearances are entirely subjective so no-one can be completely wrong on this subject. But it is true that none of the characters (apart from Penny) were intended to be physically attractive by the creators but of course many fans see otherwise and I'm sure the writers see that now. Of course he's important to the show, but that doesn't necessarily equate to attractiveness in everyone's eyes.

Please read my post again. I did not say it is completely wrong to not find Jim attractive.

Menamena's post was completely wrong about my intention. Wow this is difficult!!! I have gone back and removed the part of her post I was not replying too. I hope this is clear now.

Edited by Spaced_up

Please read my post again. I did not say it is completely wrong to not find Jim attractive.

Menamena's post was completely wrong about my intention. Wow this is difficult!!! I have gone back and removed the part of her post I was not replying too. I hope this is clear now.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for editing.

Since they created the image, I want to see Raj in a sari, playing a clarinette! Maybe Bern suspects How is cheating, and bursts in on them. Turns out what How was relating, wasn't what Raj was really whispering in his ear! (just to clarify, I meant a real clarinette!).

Edited by gaqo

I want to see Leonard moving in with penny and Amy with Sheldon. I was so excited when it almost happened. Almost, but not quite, but come on: Amy playing the harp while Sheldon plays his theremin...keeping Penny and Leonard up all night when they first move in together.

And Penny needs to start acting. If she doesn't get into acting seriously then she would definitely leave the waitressing job, How many years can you make Kaley Cuoco dress in mustard???

Howard should get his doctorate, but an honorary doctorate from MIT, add that with Leonard getting world wide recognition for one of his experiments and that would just drive Sheldon bat-crap crazy.

Not keen on any of them having kids, but it would be amusing for Sheldon to "try" sex with Amy only to find out he REALLY REALLY enjoys it a bit too much, even more than his HO Trainsets.

Since Bernadette has said she doesn't want children and Howard has said he does, he should volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters (or something to spend time with a child and be a mentor).

It would be funny to see Howard bring a little boy to do something fun, and for Sheldon or Bernadette to ruin it somehow.

-I want Leonard to move in with Penny and for Penny to get pregnant.

-Amy should move in with Sheldon, but sleep in a separate bedroom (such as Leonard's former bedroom). Leonard and Sheldon should still commute to work together.

-Howard should start volunteering as a "Big Brother" for Big Brothers Big Sisters since Bernadette doesn't want children.

I don't think there is any big rush but as I see it Penny should eventually propose to Leonard or he should eventually move on. If she proposes by Christmas they could be married by the end of the season and on their honeymoon over the hiatus. Or it could happen another down the road.

They could reasonably have a baby a year latter or a little more. She has fretted over not being as passionate about anything as the other characters. This could change that. The writers draw on their own experiences for material. If many of them have had babies they will also have a lot to draw on. I don't see Leonard/Penny pregnant staying in the same building unless the elevator is fixed. If it is they could have an apartment on a different floor with the same layout as the existing Leonard Sheldon apartment. Perhaps the building gets a new owner.

Perhaps they could use an animatronic baby so it would do as programmed on cue.

and perhaps they could make a toddler for the next season.

http://www.animatronicrobotics.com/

Edited by djsurrey