Kasey

Thoughts And Prayers

391 posts in this topic

Posted

On 6/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, gsxdoug said:

Typing this from St. Micheal's Hospital in Toronto where I've just had some cancer cells removed. An endoscopic submucusal resection is the medical term for my procedure. Not asking for prayers for myself, just hoping that anyone else who finds themselves in my situation is cared for with the same compassion I've been shown by the good people here at St. Mike's.

Hey GSXDOUG, I'm glad you found compassion at St. Michael. I've found it makes all the difference in the world ! How have you been doing since the operation ?? My thoughts and Prayers are with you (you don't need to ask).

gsxdoug, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

4 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

Hey GSXDOUG, I'm glad you found compassion at St. Michael. I've found it makes all the difference in the world ! How have you been doing since the operation ?? My thoughts and Prayers are with you (you don't need to ask).

Hey, thanks! Doing okay, got released yesterday. Waiting for them to test what they removed to be sure that they went deep enough and got all the cancer cells, but I'm feeling fine.

joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

On 6/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, gsxdoug said:

Typing this from St. Micheal's Hospital in Toronto where I've just had some cancer cells removed. An endoscopic submucusal resection is the medical term for my procedure. Not asking for prayers for myself, just hoping that anyone else who finds themselves in my situation is cared for with the same compassion I've been shown by the good people here at St. Mike's.

Thinking good thoughts for you Doug.  And hoping others get the care you did.  

joyceraye and gsxdoug like this

Posted (edited)

Thoughts and prayers go out to those caught up in the horrible forest fire in Pedrogão Grande , in center of Portugal. 43 people died, 18 were inside their cars as they traveled in a route. The last update about the forest fires in that region of my country is there are fires for extint yet as the high temperatures we have been feeling in this weekend have not helped so far to make the situation be quite controled.

It has been a very sad weekend for us here...

Edited by spidergirl
The number of people who died was updated
joyceraye likes this

Posted

8 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to those caught up in the horrible forest fire in Pedrogão Grande , in center of Portugal. 43 people died, 18 were inside their cars as they traveled in a route. The last update about the forest fires in that region of my country is there are fires for extint yet as the high temperatures we have been feeling in this weekend have not helped so far to make the situation be quite controled.

Sending my good thought to your country and the families of the people who were  caught in the fire.  

spidergirl, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

May my thoughts and Prayers be added to yours ! As much as everyone needed the water, I don't think this will be the last fire.

spidergirl, joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

My thoughts and prayers to all people who is affected by the forest fires in Portugal and Croatia. 

spidergirl, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

Sending my good thought to your country and the families of the people who were  caught in the fire.  

4 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

May my thoughts and Prayers be added to yours ! As much as everyone needed the water, I don't think this will be the last fire.

3 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

My thoughts and prayers to all people who is affected by the forest fires in Portugal and Croatia. 

Thanks, guys. Also my thoughts and prayers to those who have been affected by the forest fires in Croatia.

Posted

13 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I just heard the news and was shocked! This is terrible, my thoughts and prayers go to the people involved in the tragedies in Portugal, Croatia and to the people who died in the fire at Grenfell Tower and to their families. I wish them strength and all the support they can get.

spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Posted

30 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I just heard the news and was shocked! This is terrible, my thoughts and prayers go to the people involved in the tragedies in Portugal, Croatia and to the people who died in the fire at Grenfell Tower and to their families. I wish them strength and all the support they can get.

Thanks, dearest.  I have just heard from a friend of mine that the parents of another friend both died in the fire, inside their car. The police identify the car by the veichule number plate. It is very devastating . 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

My thoughts and prayers go out to those caught up in this. Feels like one tragedy after another at the moment.

Desdemona, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

22 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thanks, dearest.  I have just heard from a friend of mine that the parents of another friend both died in the fire, inside their car. The police identify the car by the veichule number plate. It is very devastating . 

This is horrible, what a terrible way to die! 

22 hours ago, Jonny said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to those caught up in this. Feels like one tragedy after another at the moment.

It feels like. But sadly, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many tragedies happening worldwide, we will never even hear of.

Murders, rapes, mass graves, human trafficking, explosions, civil wars, etc. 

So many innocent lives, erased or destroyed without further notice. 

Posted

46 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

This is horrible, what a terrible way to die! 

It feels like. But sadly, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many tragedies happening worldwide, we will never even hear of.

Murders, rapes, mass graves, human trafficking, explosions, civil wars, etc. 

So many innocent lives, erased or destroyed without further notice. 

I gave you a like for your wise words as the subject is sad but true. The world is a mad place to live but unfortunately the only thing we can do is we do our best to live in peace with ourselves and with who is part of our lives. As we do our part for make things better in midle of craziness and mean things we can not control, our conscience is in peace. But sometimes nature events like dry thunderstorms do tragedies as humankind can not do better than help the injureds and give support to those who lost family, friends or even their place that they had built a whole life for fire steal everything in seconds...

Regards the forest fires situation here, the things in center of Portugal are far of be in control. The last update about Pedrogão grande fire is 64 deads and more than 60 injured. The fire is not controled yet and the worst is the fire is growing to neighours places from Pedrogão. The summer isnt started yet officially in calendar but here we are like in hell: in Lisboa the temperatures have been around 40 ° C .

Btw for who could be wondering, I am safe from the fires as I live 200 Km from the center. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

SPIDERGIRL, I am glad you are safe.

I lived in the middle of a forest for 15 years. And had a few bad fires during that time. I know this doesn't help but we had a saying "it's not IF but WHEN the big one is going to hit". I Pray for everyone that has received mass amounts of rain this last year as it's going to cause a lot of dry conditions.

Last night We had the worst lightning/thunder storm I've EVER seen ! It started several fires in Northern Nevada. The worst is west of us on the other side of the mountains. The fire is several thousand acres big. It is close enough to see a bit of the flames but way too far away to be a danger to us. It did get up to a thousand feet of houses but the wind blew the flames away. Again this is going to be a bad year.

My prayers go out to all that might be effected !

Edited by walnutcowboy