The Big Bang Theory Forums
Kasey

Thoughts And Prayers

My two year old nephew is having open heart surgery tomorrow (his third op, the first was at 10 days old) to replace the artificial valve which is no longer working correctly

Please send good thoughts towards the UK!

Rachel, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to your nephew, you and your family.  Please let us know how the surgery went.

• Like 1

My two year old nephew is having open heart surgery tomorrow (his third op, the first was at 10 days old) to replace the artificial valve which is no longer working correctly

Please send good thoughts towards the UK!

Oh Rachel, I pray that your nephew is okay.  Please let us know.  Prayers for you and the family as well.  God bless..

• Like 1

Sending positive thoughts your nephew's way, Rachel.

• Like 1

Thanks

As far as I know the op is due to last around 5 hours as there is another procedure they also need to deal with

Will let y'all know :)

My prayers are with your Nephew, his family and yours !

I will also add him to our local prayer chain !!

• Like 1

Good news

The operation went well, the poor thing will have to undergo the same thing again as he grows so its likely to be every couple of years to replace the artificial valve in his heart

He also has a hole in the heart which is being treated as well and he has to be tube fed because he won't or can't swallow food

• Like 1

Wonderful Rachel, will continue to send good thoughts.

• Like 1

Good news

The operation went well, the poor thing will have to undergo the same thing again as he grows so its likely to be every couple of years to replace the artificial valve in his heart

He also has a hole in the heart which is being treated as well and he has to be tube fed because he won't or can't swallow food

Praise God Rachel.  Oh the wonders of modern medicine.  

Please keep us all up to date.  What is his name, please?  PM me if you would rather.  I feel like we have adopted him!

His name is Ben and just two hours after the operation he was up playing with the other kids on the ward

Most adults would take a couple of days to get over open heart surgery!

• Like 1

If everything goes well and the artficial valve doesn't leak again, then he won't need another operation till he's 10 and then one or two more after that, the valve is apparently meant to grow with him

I don't really understand exactly how it works though

• Like 1

Rachel, I've been busy and missed this, so glad to hear the good news. Just wonderful.

• Like 1

Oh Rachel....Praise Jesus!  So happy for Ben and your whole family!!

Wanted to put my mom on the prayers list again.  She is back in the hospital with fluid built up on her heart and lungs.  I really accepted the prayers and warm wishes from the last go around.  So, I am back asking for more.

Thanks so much,

ArmyGirl

Our prayers and thoughts are not only for your Mom but for you also so that you will have peace during these trying times !!

I will also add you to our prayer chain !