Thoughts And Prayers

Kasey

@ ITWASDESTAINED, WE will pray for you and your Mom to find peace at the time of your loss !

But remember, you Dad is now in Heaven,he has a clear mind, and able to do all the things he couldn't do for the last 6 years & he is now without ANY pain.

@ TENSOR, Thanks, I'll try my best.

This operation SHOULD go much better.

This time it not going to be an emergency operation.

And I'm much more ready for it this time. 

Thanks everyone for your support. This forum is full of amazing people who are so willing to care about the lives of strangers from the other side of the world. Kudos to you, kind folk of the BBT fandom.

Better day today. Had some much needed laughter searching for photos for video tribute. Hairstyles and fashions really were ridiculous in the 80s. Was so good seeing photos of the active, funny father that did so much with us before his life changing misfortune trapped his mind in a failing body.

Mum was still quiet. Gotta look out for her.

Now if anyone wants to really help, if you live anywhere near Duke University, could you head down there to the graduation ceremonies tomorrow and kick my American sister up the backside and tell to get the hell back to Australia for her dad's funeral on Friday. Her daughter can survive the road trip back home to LA without her mommy. Plenty of years for other family trips. You only get one chance to say goodbye to your dad. Can't have a Destined family event without someone being a @&$!

Edited by Itwasdestined

Very sorry for your loss.

I've been saying the serenity prayer several times a day this past week- I hope you can find some comfort in it from the Higher power of your understanding. God grant us the serenity to accept the things we can't change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know that difference.

Edited by gohawks12
  • Like 1

Thanks gohawks. Love that prayer. Pretty much my philosophy. Was a great tribute to my dad yesterday. We really celebrated his life as a husband, father, grandfather, great grandpa and great man in general. I was honored to speak about his life and sing throughout the service, my way of saying goodbye. My sister and nephew also spoke beautifully about him as well. Mum handling it well. We went back to the grave today and she was much better at sharing in stories about him. Still going to have some bad moments but the family will be there for her.

Sadly, my wife, kids and I go through it all again tomorrow as we remember my wife's dad's third anniversary with her family. My poor daughter's birthday is bookended by the deaths of both her grandfathers.

• Like 1

Itwas, glad to hear your mother is doing better with it, and I'm glad you got to speak about your dad.  It was very cathartic for me, each time I lost a parent.  Just lots of well wishes from here.  

• Like 1

Thanks Rick. Of the five kids, I've kept the connection with Dad from go to woe. Constant companion for me at the football for nearly 40 years, always there along with Mum as babysitters for my kids, lived around the corner from me for about 6 years, never left his side at hospital when he had his stroke and visited nursing home every week for 6 years. I knew Dad best. He was a legend in the eyes of all our friends. We didn't know all our friends dads well but all our friends knew Dad and they were all there yesterday.

That is so awesome.  When my dad passed many years ago, I was so thrilled that people came to pay their respects to him.  

I also took great joy after a time in seeing that he could never really be fully gone because so much of me is him....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Keep the Flores family (a family that I have known for years and years) in your thoughts and prayers today as their son/brother Carlos has major heart surgery at Midland Memorial Hospital in Midland, Texas today

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that has read my comments here and has expressed their kind thoughts on the delicate matter.

It's all better now and I've come to the realization that certain people just won't be happy because they can't allow happiness. There is no way you can force this upon them, no matter how you feel to be "right" or "beneficial" for them.

Lesson learned here. 

• 2 months later...

Early tomorrow, we will take my youngest to the hospital. My baby, Alex (even if he is 28, he will always be my baby), has to have surgery to have his gall bladder removed.

If you are so inclined, say a little prayer, if that's not your thing, think a happy thought on his behalf instead. Either will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 2