The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Okay where do you stand on the existence of Aliens. I don't believe we have any evidence, unless anyone knows different(sources please). What I find interesting, is that for centuries, humans have invented hundreds of different aliens (on Star Trek!), in books, and films(from E.T. to the Alien Franchise). Which of these could be possible?

I believe there is a strong possibility that "others" exist.  The (known) universe is ridiculously huge, so I don't see why we would think we're the only intelligent life form in it.  I don't necessarily believe the whole "aliens are going to destroy mother earth because they are so much smarter and more technologically advanced than we are" scenario though.  It would make for a great story though ;)

Evidence, eh?

There have been hundreds of thousands, if not millions, reported sightings of UFOs.

-Many of these from goverment officials such as military personnel and such. And from airline pilots reporting strange crafts zooming about their planes.

Now, if we say that 95% of these reports are false, it still leaves thousands that must be accurate.

Indeed, there is much more proof of aliens monitoring earth than there are of the existence of Gods.

And as for proof, many scientist have tried to proof the alien influence with alien artefacts and structures found on earth. Sadly these scientist are shunned by the mainstream science community, and their findings ridiculed by people who do not even bother to go through the evidence.

Indeed, it has been said by some, that the so called Gods of our past were in fact aliens that used superior techology to keep humans as their slaves. Makes more sense than what the church has to say!

I'm open minded, we don't have evidence either way. "The real challenge is working out what aliens might actually be like." Stephen Hawking.

Why have aliens not contacted us officially, is an often asked question.

Answer is very simple: we are not worth it.

We humans are a race of violent, hedonistic apes. Our technology is crude, and our cultural achievement basic.

-simply put, we would have nothing to give to aliens in exchange for their high tec and advanced medicines.

Also, we humans believe we are a sort of master race of the universe.

So, if we had access to space flight, we would instatly declare war on every alien species who would not bend their knee to us. That is our nature, and aliens no doubt know this.

Little wonder no alien nation would want us as trading partners...

At best, we are a source of humour to aliens: they see us as a parody on intelligent life! :icon_razz:

No offence to those who firmly believe humans to be the best thing in the galaxy...

Yesterday, I looked around online, and there are alot of theories as to why aliens haven't made contact with us; Fermi-Hart paradox,The Doomsday Arguement, The Zoo Hypothesis, Rare Earth Hypothesis and Law of Accelerating Returns, to name a few. Obviously alot of people have given this subject some thought, and Stephen Hawking appears to have changed from being sceptical, to warning us not to contact a superior species. But what still interests me is the sheer variety of potential aliens we have created. It must be like before humans knew what lived in the oceans, we imagined. All of the aliens we've created only live in our imaginations, and there are probably thousands. So I'm still wondering, what does this mean about humans. And if an alien arrived on earth, which of the thousands, do we really expect. Because only when we know that will we know how to react, communicate, and what this would mean for us as a species. Personally I imagine that when we explore space, we will send robots, being controlled by nerds, back here. That would rule out so many of the problems; distance, and time required to travel it, environmental issues, dangers,etc

Edited by gaqo

Future-wise earth is likely to go-throu crucial changes and transformations which could lead either to a great new era for humanity or to the destruction of the planet. It cannot be said for sure what the future holds for our planet but there certainly isn’t a lack of theories. Yeah, I know you’ve probably heard this kind of hippy-style preaching before. All the well known prophets, from Nostradamus to Edgar Cayce have pointed to the turn of this century as the setting for the “event”. The Bible Code indicates 2006 as the year of a massive nuclear war, while soothsayers prefer to lean heavily towards alien colonisation and/or invasion. :o

Imagine what would happen if some aliens gave us humans advanced space flight technology:

Imagine what chaos and destruction we would create by zooming about the galaxy at random in our spaceships.
-Imagine how we would ignore all galactic laws and regulations, because we would think we have right to do as we please in the galaxy and damn the aliens who think otherwise!

And imagine the trouble we would create when we infested all galactic spaceports with our presence.
-We humans would nick everything that was not bolted down, and we would also constantly get into fights with aliens on these spaceports. The spaceport jails would be full of troublemaking humans, who would usually be drunk as skunks.

Humans among the stars. It's so horrifying image that even I would not give us advanced space flight, and I'm human!

We humans would be worse than the Klingon. Way worse. Worse even than Romulans.

We like to imagine ourselves as the future heroes of the galaxy. Truth is, we would be the bad guys. We would be space pirates of the worst kind.

And you all know this, so no need to put up the righteous indignation -act. :icon_wink:

What happened to you, to much reality? Most humans are alright. An idea that intrigued me, was the Borg, but then again it appears some humans are getting connected to a hive mind, through social media. Some aliens were limited, by having to be humanoid(played by actors). Others were related to Earth tribes:nazi or viking or japanese. I remember an alien that lived in a special container, because of the gas it breathed, and could only enter the cafe wearing a mask. That seemed more real!  

Future-wise earth is likely to go-throu crucial changes and transformations which could lead either to a great new era for humanity or to the destruction of the planet. It cannot be said for sure what the future holds for our planet but there certainly isn’t a lack of theories. Yeah, I know you’ve probably heard this kind of hippy-style preaching before. All the well known prophets, from Nostradamus to Edgar Cayce have pointed to the turn of this century as the setting for the “event”. The Bible Code indicates 2006 as the year of a massive nuclear war, while soothsayers prefer to lean heavily towards alien colonisation and/or invasion. :o

That's what we do,humans, there is something we don't know; the future, or is there intelligent life out there. So we invent it. Why are people through out history always predicting a possible 'apocalypse', when history shows us that everything continues. I believe Life will survive, it may not be human. We don't seem to act until an event occurs. But some life will adapt to what ever happens. I think they better make some incredible Sci Fi programmes(New Star Trek films are good), then they can again promote that spending money on space exploration is essential. 

I believe in aliens, and i'd like to think that in such a huge universe we are not the only thing living in it.

I suppose the evidence about life in other planets we got it when we became to know the Universe is so huge. How we can be the only inhabited planet? It is obvious that in millions of planet outside there must be some inhabited like our planet!! Why they don´t contatc us? Well, we cannot contact them and maybe they cannot contact us either. Or maybe some of them can but they are not interested. It is a fact that we human being are very close mind, if they show themselves to us will be a stupid chaos among us :( We evolve very slow, maybe they are waiting we grow up more....uf! that will take centuries :icon_rolleyes:

From mathematical wiewpoint, aliens are a surety.

There are millions of star systems on our galaxy that could support life as we know it. And there are millions of other galaxies too, and they also have millions of star systems that could support life as we know it.

So, since earth has baget life, it is certain that many other of these planetary systems have birthed life also.

And some of that life is sure to be intelligent.

So, there are aliens out there.

Note also that even though astronomers have only scanned the nearest star systems, they have already found several planets that could sustain life as we know it.

And our scientists have explained that life here on Earth could have arisen without the help of any divine agency.

So, people who are against aliens, are just ignorant of these cosmological facts.

• Like 1

We are assuredly not alone.

Will we ever meet the other life forms out there? Assuming we don't wipe ourselves out, with our science, I have confidence that we'll end up meeting. Not sure if that'll be a good thing or not, however.(for us or them).

Aliens are not something we can say we "believe" or not, aliens are a fact.

@ LISSIE

I like it that you have a strong opinion on this subject (and other topics too) !

BUT where are your facts to prove that aliens are a fact?

I know I've seen the same square object that others have seen, ANOMALY and I talked about it quite a while ago (if you can find the thread). 

BUT I can't PROVE (it as a FACT) that it was a UFO.

It is said that we are most likely to meet warlike aliens, if we do meet any.

Reason is as follows:

In earth, it has been war that really kicked technology forward. Computers, airplanes, radio, and so on, all were developed for war. And without constant warfare, they would not really exist for us today.

So, only warrior civilizations could become so tech advanced that they could actually create space ships. And they would create them for conquest of space, and for expansion of their empires.

Peaceful alien nations would just live in their paradise-like worlds, and would not really see the need to expand, or create high tech.

And so, if we get contacted by aliens, it will be warrior castes, and they will have very big guns indeed!

BTW, what I mean by warrior civilisation is they will be like USA or Britain, which are both warrior nations (their power has been based on their military might) So I do not mean that all the aliens in the nation would be warriors...

So, be prepared for alien invasion!!! Ruuuun!!! (or, in case of walnut, hobble!!!)

It is said that we are most likely to meet warlike aliens, if we do meet any.

Reason is as follows:

In earth, it has been war that really kicked technology forward. Computers, airplanes, radio, and so on, all were developed for war. And without constant warfare, they would not really exist for us today.

So, only warrior civilizations could become so tech advanced that they could actually create space ships. And they would create them for conquest of space, and for expansion of their empires.

Peaceful alien nations would just live in their paradise-like worlds, and would not really see the need to expand, or create high tech.

And so, if we get contacted by aliens, it will be warrior castes, and they will have very big guns indeed!

BTW, what I mean by warrior civilisation is they will be like USA or Britain, which are both warrior nations (their power has been based on their military might) So I do not mean that all the aliens in the nation would be warriors...

So, be prepared for alien invasion!!! Ruuuun!!! (or, in case of walnut, hobble!!!)

Where would you all run (or me hobble) to?

IF "THEY" were to travel millions of mile to attack us, do you REALLY think there would be ANYWHERE to hide?

I read somewhere that it's highly likely that aliens would be more advanced than us, as our solar system is relatively new. I wonder how we'd feel, if after initial novelty, they made it clear they saw us as inferiors. Also as we've sent out alot of random information about ourselves, they may come here for resourses. Or just because we have best music in the galaxy!

I read somewhere that it's highly likely that aliens would be more advanced than us, as our solar system is relatively new. I wonder how we'd feel, if after initial novelty, they made it clear they saw us as inferiors. Also as we've sent out alot of random information about ourselves, they may come here for resourses. Or just because we have best music in the galaxy!

That hasn't been true since the 1970's.

What planet are you living on? I can listen to music all day, and not hear a millionth of the great music being produced, on this planet. Which other planet has great music?

What planet are you living on? I can listen to music all day, and not hear a millionth of the great music being produced, on this planet. Which other planet has great music?

One without Justin Bieber.  :icon_lol:  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_lol:

Edited by Anomaly

Justin WHO? I hope we didn't send his stuff. With all we've sent them, they've probably recreated us. Have learnt all they need to know, and if they ever need to contact us, will send human clones, so as not to freak us out, (with how they really look)!