The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Yes I think we got catweazle's opinion, ten pages ago! Closed minds, what can you do! Considering the name TBBT, and the work they do, maybe catweazle has got wrong thread and forum. To me it's like being on a boat looking for a new land. You need everyone to be positive and optimistic. Can we put him in a barrel with his bible, and throw him overboard? 

haha, couldn't agree more.

Yes I think we got catweazle's opinion, ten pages ago! Closed minds, what can you do! Considering the name TBBT, and the work they do, maybe catweazle has got wrong thread and forum. To me it's like being on a boat looking for a new land. You need everyone to be positive and optimistic. Can we put him in a barrel with his bible, and throw him overboard? 

this is your best post

I find humor in a lot of things but to pick on someone's beliefs is not cool.  I believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God and I don't appreciate this at all.  So I would kindly ask that things of this not be posted.

Thank you.

I find humor in a lot of things but to pick on someone's beliefs is not cool.  I believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God and I don't appreciate this at all.  So I would kindly ask that things of this not be posted.

Thank you.

but it's ok for someone to pick on someone's belief in aliens and UFOs by picking apart every comment  posted and saying we live in the realm of fantasy and that we're being absurd!

That's not cool in my opinion.

• Like 2

Let's get this topic back on track and try leave religion out this.

We're supposed to be discussing these guys

84327f82970cd0f6615.jpg

but it's ok for someone to pick on someone's belief in aliens and UFOs by picking apart every comment  posted and saying we live in the realm of fantasy and that we're being absurd!

That's not cool in my opinion.

I never said it was right or cool to do that.  I never called anyone who believes in UFOs or ETs as being absurd.  I don't lump people and my belief is not to tear anyone down but to be as understanding as I can...

and that's your opinion.

Opinion based on facts!

You sound a little peeved. Well that's what happens when you go against facts in favour of you own imagination!

Logic overrules personal optimistic views!

haha, couldn't agree more.

But you agree with error and fantasy.

Play nice now.

Of course. I'm cool. :girldance:

Let's get this topic back on track and try leave religion out this.

We're supposed to be discussing these guys

84327f82970cd0f6615.jpg

Back on topic. Aliens believers please provide your evidence for your belief.

there's plenty of evidence all over the internet, in books and on film,  it's just that so many idiots have put fake footage out there as well, and good fake footage at that, that it's hard to tell the real from fake, you just have to look for it.

Hey catweazle, I'm not peeved, I'm constructing a metaphorical barrel! I think anyone who isn't restricted by their misinterpretation of metaphors; would think with that many potential planets, and new ones being created all the time, the voraciousness/tenacity of life, our interest in discovering extraterrestrial life, and the amount of time available to us, it's inevitable that we will encounter(or create) life on other planets! It's part of our culture!

• Like 1

Thank you for that link.

Where near the bottom it talks about NOBEL PRIZE-WINNING PHYSICIST Enrico Fermi who said "If life is common in the Galaxy "WHERE IS EVERYBODY?""

To me, at least, it looks like

Humans 1

Aliens 0

14-15 billion years is a long time for things to happen. We only recently worked out that Hell is not below us, just beneath the oil. I'd give it a bit longer for a result before marking up the score. If our civilization can persist we can keep looking. Too early to call is all I'd say.

there's plenty of evidence all over the internet, in books and on film,

There is also all over the internet, books and on film evidence that Elvis is still alive, the lost continent of Atanlantis was real, and the Lock Ness Monster is swiming around in Scotland.

it's just that so many idiots have put fake footage out there as well, and good fake footage at that, that it's hard to tell the real from fake, you just have to look for it.

All footage of aliens is fake. One cannot have film of what does not exist! Proof of that lays within the fact that there is an absence of film that  removes all doubt and places aliens within reality science.

Hey catweazle, I'm not peeved,

But you sound it!

I'm constructing a metaphorical barrel!

Your constructing fantasy on bassless theories.

I think anyone who isn't restricted by their misinterpretation of metaphors; would think with that many potential planets, and new ones being created all the time, the voraciousness/tenacity of life, our interest in discovering extraterrestrial life, and the amount of time available to us, it's inevitable that we will encounter(or create) life on other planets! It's part of our culture!

Here is your error. The possibility of even billons of planets even identical to our own does not prove there is life on them.

14-15 billion years is a long time for things to happen.

It's also a long time for things not to happen!!

We only recently worked out that Hell is not below us,

There seems to be billions of folk walking around the Earth that have not worked that out. Are you not familiar with the concept called religion? Having made that plain please keep religion out of the debate and stick to the topic of the alien myth.

I'd give it a bit longer for a result before marking up the score.

What another 14 or 15 billion years?

14-15 billion years is a long time for things to happen. We only recently worked out that Hell is not below us, just beneath the oil. I'd give it a bit longer for a result before marking up the score. If our civilization can persist we can keep looking. Too early to call is all I'd say.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting If I were you !

There is also all over the internet, books and on film evidence that Elvis is still alive, the lost continent of Atanlantis was real, and the Lock Ness Monster is swiming around in Scotland.

I know, what's your point?

All footage of aliens is fake. One cannot have film of what does not exist! Proof of that lays within the fact that there is an absence of film that  removes all doubt and places aliens within reality science.

but how do you know they are all fake? what about video footage that cant be explained, like the footage taken Fresno and in San Jose, Yosemite in California, of the beings walking in the forest and across a guys garden, they've been examined time and time again, yet no one can say that they're fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a1nDOPPXLM

@funbus It's best to just ignore them! Why these fanatics come on a forum dedicated to TBBT, spreading their negativity, because that's all they've got. They even refuse to believe your personal experience.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJW4rnN6q84 We humans didn't know how much life there was in the oceans, until we developed craft that could help us explore.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEAYOcUBDU It's deluded to believe that being a believer in a god makes them special, gives one access to all knowledge; what exists in the cosmoshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouexFmPKqZU

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

@funbus It's best to just ignore them! Why these fanatics come on a forum dedicated to TBBT, spreading their negativity, because that's all they've got. They even refuse to believe your personal experience.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJW4rnN6q84 We humans didn't know how much life there was in the oceans, until we developed craft that could help us explore.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEAYOcUBDU It's deluded to believe that being a believer in a god makes them special, gives one access to all knowledge; what exists in the cosmoshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouexFmPKqZU

GAQO,

Can I ASSUME that you are putting me into the "them" you are going to ignore(?!?!) even though I too have seen a UFO, or are you just being metaphorical (?!) again ?

OBTW, I watch a TV COMEDY (TBBTR) and come to this forum dedicated to that TV COMEDY (TBBTFSR).

NOT because I believe in the title of a TV COMEDY (TBBTR), but because it's a FUNNY TV COMEDY !!

Anyway, I'm glad you have been letting "us" see how you really think.

(But PLEASE, let me know if any of "my" points are wrong, Even if "my" points are really quotes that "you" Have spoken) ! 

"Everyone" that agrees with you are "positive and optimistic", while those that don't agree with you are just "spreading their negativity" !

I myself, would never, even as a metaphor, (even though it didn't sound like a metaphor to me) talk about putting YOU into a barrel and throw said barrel overboard just because you disagree with me!

Nor would I put up a cartoon that would insult someone else's beliefs, just to get a few laughs ! 

THAT sounds pretty much as closed minded as you can get (at least to me) !

PS, I spread my "thoughts", because they are all I need, NOT because it's all I have !

Just 'negativity', saying No to everything. No one really knows whats out there, but at least some of us are open to possibilities, and the more I read, I think it's highly probable. Catweazle just keeps saying 'No No No No', but it's not based on anything either. I think religion has alot to offer, particularly in terms of morality, but people who claim special knowledge because they believe in god, are likely to start wars. I think he should get his own thread or forum, and stop banging us all on the head. We got his message ten pages ago! He insults our beliefs, our hopes, our scientific rationale.  PPR45219.jpgCartoon2.gifreligion-vs-science.jpeg

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 2

Just 'negativity', saying No to everything. No one really knows whats out there, but at least some of us are open to possibilities, and the more I read, I think it's highly probable. Catweazle just keeps saying 'No No No No', but it's not based on anything either. I think religion has alot to offer, particularly in terms of morality, but people who claim special knowledge because they believe in god, are likely to start wars. I think he should get his own thread or forum, and stop banging us all on the head. We got his message ten pages ago! He insults our beliefs, our hopes, our scientific rationale.  PPR45219.jpgCartoon2.gifreligion-vs-science.jpeg

Let me start by saying that CATWEAZLE and I Disagree on SEVERAL major points.

The first one that comes to mind is he says the earth has been around for 14 - 15  billions of years, while I believe it's only been around for 6 thousand of years !

The FACT remains is that it IS here !!

I don't think ANY of us can deny/disagree about that !

CATWEAZLE (in my opinion) is only saying NO to things that do not have ANY type of tangable (sic) proof or any "scientific rational".

I can't go to ANY place, museum or otherwise, and see/read proof about aliens (please, lets not get into Bigfoot here).

However, I can find different museums to see different versions of the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I can go across the sea and see where they have found Several Old Testament cities and where they say JESUS was born.

MOST CHRISTians and Jews AGREE that JESUS did walk the earth. 

They just disagree about who HE was.

As I'e said to several of you elsewhen, EVEN the beginning of the Muslim belief are talked about in the BIBLE !

Even with all that information, I can't prove GOD made Heaven and earth Or that JESUS will be returning.

It still boils down to faith. 

I WILL be the first to agree that more people have died from different religious beliefs than from any other reason.

But even that is explained in the BIBLE even before Muslims or CHRISTians were created !

You (All) have been "banging" each other for 10 pages.

As far as I can read it's NOT just one sided !

I will agree with you (all) CATWEAZLE does have some pretty big "stomping" shoes.

But you (all) haven't been wearing baby booties either.

Now on to the Funny Papers.

I noticed that Einstein get the first quote.

A Nonpracticing Jew, and because of him millions have died.

GOOD CHOICE !

2nd comic: "They" let us kill ourselves before "they" show up.

You'll never get proof IF that were true.

3rd comic: I, MYSELF, have had more prayers answered than any collider has answered !  

Something just occurred to me !

We all seen to be watching the skies for something.

Too bad we can't agree to be waiting for the same thing.

I've seen a UFO, and nothing happened.

Will you be able to say the same thing, when what I believe will appear happens?

Edited by walnutcowboy

I know, what's your point?

but how do you know they are all fake? what about video footage that cant be explained, like the footage taken Fresno and in San Jose, Yosemite in California, of the beings walking in the forest and across a guys garden, they've been examined time and time again, yet no one can say that they're fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a1nDOPPXLM

@ FUNBUS,

I'm sorry, but you're kidding, right?

Do I REALLY have to have to tell of the "short"comings (puns intended) of the film?

Well OKEY DOKEY then.

Starting with the "big" one.

1) When the guy takes too "big" of a step (but only then), his ankle bends in a strange way ( like he has lifts tied to his feet).

2) When looking for strings, No string is found. But then neither are the trees !!  If anything, it looks more like heat sensitive!! 

3) When cropped with the stroller and superimposed WHY is the road now all of a sudden bigger?

Now for the "little" one. 

1) On some of the film, you can see as the kid walks at his widest stride, the legs are thicker to about where someones (a persons?) arms would be.

Now for the film(s) themselves.

1) From what I know about people with security cameras (I used to be in that business), they wouldn't have just the one to show a brief side view, in the MIDDLE of the driveway. they would also have one to catch the licence plate, not to say who gets out of the car !

2) How did the guy have access to all that different kinds of equipment. to show the differences?

I COULD probably continue with more reasons (i think) it's a fake, but watching it once was (more) than enough for me!! 

PS (to me) it looks like the neighborhood found some Forest "Schrooms" !!

And had nothing better to do !!

Edited by walnutcowboy

@ FUNBUS,

I'm sorry, but you're kidding, right?

Do I REALLY have to have to tell of the "short"comings (puns intended) of the film?

Well OKEY DOKEY then.

Starting with the "big" one.

1) When the guy takes too "big" of a step (but only then), his ankle bends in a strange way ( like he has lifts tied to his feet).

2) When looking for strings, No string is found. But then neither are the trees !!  If anything, it looks more like heat sensitive!! 

3) When cropped with the stroller and superimposed WHY is the road now all of a sudden bigger?

Now for the "little" one. 

1) On some of the film, you can see as the kid walks at his widest stride, the legs are thicker to about where someones (a persons?) arms would be.

Now for the film(s) themselves.

1) From what I know about people with security cameras (I used to be in that business), they wouldn't have just the one to show a brief side view, in the MIDDLE of the driveway. they would also have one to catch the licence plate, not to say who gets out of the car !

2) How did the guy have access to all that different kinds of equipment. to show the differences?

I COULD probably continue with more reasons (i think) it's a fake, but watching it once was (more) than enough for me!! 

PS (to me) it looks like the neighborhood found some Forest "Schrooms" !!

And had nothing better to do !!

That's the thing, people have tried to recreate this film using kids and puppets on strings, even someone walking the puppet across the garden and then photo shopping the person out and they haven't come close to what is in the film, same goes for the torso, I've never seen anything that has legs that go almost all the way to it's head.

As for the cameras, I know a few people that only have one camera filming their driveway, you don't need multiple cameras for a small driveway of garden.

Either way, many professional people that work with film have examined this film and non of them can say, yes it's a fake, they just cant say what was recorded..

I love Ricky Gervais, I have all his live shows on dvd, very funny indeed :)

@funbus It's best to just ignore them!

Funbus it's not best to ignore them, it's best to listen to reason and face the facts.

@spreading their negativity, because that's all they've got.

Please explain what is negative about not believing in things that have no support in the real world. What I have is the support of the real world. That trumps fantasy!

We humans didn't know how much life there was in the oceans, until we developed craft that could help us explore

You seem to be missing the clear and obvious fact that life in the oceans was never a myth and never that needed to be found. It is irrelevant how much life there is in the oceans. The facts are that life is on Earth. There are no facts that there is life anywhere else.

No one really knows whats out there,

Right now the facts have shown there is nothing out there.

Catweazle just keeps saying 'No No No No', but it's not based on anything either.

My basis are facts. The facts are that there is no evidence to support the alien myth.

I think religion has alot to offer, particularly in terms of morality, but people who claim special knowledge because they believe in god, are likely to start

There goes the red-herring again. This thread is about the alien myth. Please stick to the topic!

I think he should get his own thread or forum, and stop banging us all on the head. We got his message ten pages ago! He insults our beliefs, our hopes, our scientific rationale.  

I thought you wasn't peeved. You most surley are going off that comment. If your beliefs had any scientific foundation in reality you would have presented it. However, your beliefs are bassed on imagination and theories. That is not an insult, it is simply a fact.

Let me start by saying that CATWEAZLE and I Disagree on SEVERAL major points.

The first one that comes to mind is he says the earth has been around for 14 - 15  billions of years, while I believe it's only been around for 6 thousand of years !

Would you be willing to expore that in another thread? I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm aware that some folk believe that the Earth is only six thousand years, and I know their reasons for that belief. But science (which is the revealing of God's creation) plainly proves the universe is 14 billion years old.

A new thread about creation - religion would allow me to reveal why I believe that there is no life elsewhere in the universe. Something gago and funbus might find interesting.

Your call.... But be aware I will defend against the myth of a 6 thousand year old Earth in the same manner I defend against the alien myth.