The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

That's the thing, people have tried to recreate this film using kids and puppets on strings, even someone walking the puppet across the garden and then photo shopping the person out and they haven't come close to what is in the film, same goes for the torso, I've never seen anything that has legs that go almost all the way to it's head.

As for the cameras, I know a few people that only have one camera filming their driveway, you don't need multiple cameras for a small driveway of garden.

Either way, many professional people that work with film have examined this film and non of them can say, yes it's a fake, they just cant say what was recorded..

You're right, not everyone has more than 1 camera or even place what they do have in a good spot.

Keep in mind that the "garden" you mention, is really a driveway !

Which makes "THEM" bigger in retrospect. 

Since you seem to a lot about this film, could you let me know the names of the "many professional people" that examined it?

AND/OR what makes THEM "professional"? 

And even with me NOT being a "professional" alien tracker, i think I've explained why I believe this video is a fake !

I noticed you didn't comment on the rest of my points !

(I mean NO disrespect for what I'm about to say, but I was thinking of Darwin and aliens at the same time, I hope you don't mind).

So what about the rest of you in A.P.E. (Aliens Probably Exist) City,

Can any of you REALLY tell me this video looks real ??

Keep in mind I've been honest with you guys !

OBTW, if you get the chance, go to a construction site where the Drywall/Taper Guys are working and you might just see them using Hydrolic Pistons on their feet.

They walk EXACTLY like the "big" guy in your video !!!!!!!! 

Would you be willing to expore that in another thread? I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm aware that some folk believe that the Earth is only six thousand years, and I know their reasons for that belief. But science (which is the revealing of God's creation) plainly proves the universe is 14 billion years old.

A new thread about creation - religion would allow me to reveal why I believe that there is no life elsewhere in the universe. Something gago and funbus might find interesting.

Your call.... But be aware I will defend against the myth of a 6 thousand year old Earth in the same manner I defend against the alien myth.

While debating with myself on whether to try debating with you again,

I did what I did MANY months ago.

I GOOGLED !

I GOOGLED "creation of earth 6,000 thousand years ago".

There are SO MANY entries on both sides of the issue that we could go on for quite a while (10(0) pages+ ?).

So for the same reasons as before I would prefer not to debate.

I WOULD like to know your take on the age of earth, either as a new thread or as a PM, but understand it's not to debate, it's simply to see the world as you do. 

I think we all have complex beliefs and values, dependant upon the culture we grew up in, and also our own personal investigations into different religions and values, (Night Light said something similar, but better!). But I do believe it's best to keep those implicit, rather than explicit. I remember a programme that visited where Jesus grew up, and they claimed to have some texts that were written down by people who had heard him talk, in Aramaic. They also claimed that these texts were nothing like what was being portrayed as his beliefs in the bible. I think those who take modern(or recent comparatively) interpretations, and believe that there is nothing else possible, are deluded. I've heard a number of scientists say that they are able to incorporate scientific discoveries into their general understanding of reality, without it effecting their beliefs, they just have to be flexible, and realise when metaphors have outgrown there use, or have been superceded by scientific ideas. I don't believe this thread is a suitable place to discuss religion. No one knows whats out there, or what our future holds. This thread is about discussing future possibilities. No one can deny that, because no one knows. It is interesting looking at clips of alien craft, or aliens, and trying to work out how they made them. I saw a Brazilian one that showed a ship emerge from a cloud, and the after a bright light, disappear. I prefer to hear real experiences. What did you see, walnutcowboy?  

I FULLY agree !!

This thread about aliens, should be about aliens.

Whether you are pro or con on the subject, neither side should be mean or repedative (sic). 

If no one else brings up :offtopic:  topics, then I won't either.

GAQO, I'm asking your honest opinion about the video in the link at post #287.

What do you think?

As for what I and others saw back in Jr. High during an outdoor assembly was simply a square in the sky.

At first glance it looked like a baggie caught in the wind.

Except it wasn't moving with the wind, it was just staying in one place.

Without any kind of reference, it was impossible to tell how large it was.

It didn't appear to be very close. 

If it had been close we could/would have probably been able to make out details.

Our best guesses were that it was larger then any jet we had ever seen.

(Quite a few years ago, I was lucky enough to see the US's LARGE Stealth Bomber in the middle of the desert.

It's size looked like a normal plane, UNTIL, you saw the jet planes flying along side it.

The jets looked like pieces of rice compared to this Stealth).

So again without something beside it, it was impossible to be sure the size.

The UFO just sat there 10 + min.

We (meaning me) started getting bored just watching it sit there.

I don't remember it takeoff/disappear but one moment it was there, the next it seemed just to be gone.

OBTW, on the same day my Father's boss said he saw a UFO too.

When I first talked about this UFO, ANOMALY told me that others have seen this square UFO also.

You can GOOGLE "square UFO" to hear about them.

Alas, (and of course) there are VERY few PICTURES of them.

Yes I've seen a UFO, but no I don't believe aliens were checking out our school !

So as far as MY opinion goes:

UFO = 1

Aliens = 0

Edited by walnutcowboy

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting If I were you !

LOL, I assure you I'm not. I like the Carl Sagan quote about "great claims require great evidence" ... or something. But human existence has been so short and we are discovering new facts all the time that challenge beliefs. Which was my point about beliefs in general. I could have said the same thing of Copernicus vs Aristotle and views about the universe. We have pretty good proof that planets move in elliptical orbits, not perfect circles. That was a strongly held belief for over two thousand years.

But I picked the that example, to be provocative. Maybe I was impolite. Sorry for that.

LOL, I assure you I'm not. I like the Carl Sagan quote about "great claims require great evidence" ... or something. But human existence has been so short and we are discovering new facts all the time that challenge beliefs. Which was my point about beliefs in general. I could have said the same thing of Copernicus vs Aristotle and views about the universe. We have pretty good proof that planets move in elliptical orbits, not perfect circles. That was a strongly held belief for over two thousand years.

But I picked the that example, to be provocative. Maybe I was impolite. Sorry for that.

You have no reason to be sorry.

I don't think I explained myself properly.

My comment (on your post # 284) about not holding your breath was in response to just your quote about "If our cilvilization (sic) can persist...".   

I could/should have said "not to hold your breath if you think our civilzation (sic) can persist."

Some of us, think we are on the verge of self destruction.

Some of us might think we are on the verge of a Utopia.

Some of us have thought that aliens were coming to take us away on a comets tail.

Some of us (like me), think that in their belief, SOMEONE will be returning.

I, myself, "can keep looking" !! 

While debating with myself on whether to try debating with you again,

I did what I did MANY months ago.

I GOOGLED !

I GOOGLED "creation of earth 6,000 thousand years ago".

There are SO MANY entries on both sides of the issue that we could go on for quite a while (10(0) pages+ ?).

So for the same reasons as before I would prefer not to debate.

I WOULD like to know your take on the age of earth, either as a new thread or as a PM, but understand it's not to debate, it's simply to see the world as you do. 

With any topic on the subject of religion, the only source I use is the Bible. I don't use google or utube.

You ask what is my take on the age of the Earth. I don't form my own personal opinion though imagination for example, as so many do with the alien myth. I don't need an opinion on the age of the Earth. Opinion is not necessary when the facts are plain, as opinion is the absense of knowing the plain facts.

Science (God's revealing of creation) has plainly and most assuredly proven the Earth is 4 billion years old. The absurd claim by religion that the Earth is only 6 thousand years old is not supported in scripture. But of course we cannot discuss this here as it is the the topic of this thread.

With any topic on the subject of religion, the only source I use is the Bible. I don't use google or utube.

You ask what is my take on the age of the Earth. I don't form my own personal opinion though imagination for example, as so many do with the alien myth. I don't need an opinion on the age of the Earth. Opinion is not necessary when the facts are plain, as opinion is the absense of knowing the plain facts.

Science (God's revealing of creation) has plainly and most assuredly proven the Earth is 4 billion years old. The absurd claim by religion that the Earth is only 6 thousand years old is not supported in scripture. But of course we cannot discuss this here as it is the the topic of this thread.

Since my/the "absurd" claim that the earth being 6,000 years old not supported in Scripture then when you get a chance, can you please send me the Book(s), Chapter(s), and Verse(s) of which you speak about the age of earth being 4 billion years old (since I seem to have missed it in my readings) in a PM since we can't talk about it here?

Or maybe just reply to this message?

Since it's a request for information, and not a debate, no one should mind.

Thanks In Advance !

Edited by walnutcowboy

@walnutcowboy sorry....when I said ignore them, I should have been specific. I agree that those images(post 287) aren't very convincing. Although I do believe that the Earth is a lot older, than you do, based on scientific analysis. Personally I believe both yours, and Funbus's accounts. It sounded from what Funbus said, that the sighting had a profound effect on him! I've been looking at alot of these clips; some are terrestrial craft from strange angles, or shown in reverse time, some maybe weather balloons, some are obviously remote control craft. What is interesting, is that alot of people are reporting sightings over war zones, and even over the Fukishima disaster(have you seen the images of how the radiation is flowing across the Pacific ocean?). Another point which reported sightings throws up is Why? Why are there so many reported sightings? and why are people going to so much trouble to make fakes? I don't know about where you live, but here belief in Christianity is diminishing. Mainly I believe because it appears out of date with modern life. (Strangely though Islam is spreading across the West, churches are being converted to mosques, and new super mosques are being built. Although when I talk to muslims, they tell me how medieval alot of their beliefs and practices are!). So I'm wondering, as people are moving away from Christianity, are they looking for an alternative being out there? Obviously I have no problem with people discussing their beliefs, it's just when it's used as a way of saying, 'this is the law, and nothing else is possible', because we just don't know what the future holds.  

It's a dialogue of deaf.

Catweasle is just trolling you, don't feed him. It's even more funny when you know that we're in the " BIG BANG THEORY " forum ah ah Nobody will change his mind so ignore the bothering comments and continue to discuss with the others.

And this is a perfect video to illustrate it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHHZ5oXAr0

• Like 2

When you get a chance, can you please send me the Book(s), Chapter(s), and Verse(s) of which you speak in a PM since we can't talk about it here?

Or just maybe a quick  note as a reply to this message?

Since it's a request for information, no one should mind.

Thanks In Advance !

@Mike

Yes please send me the Scripture that shows the age of the earth too if he sends it in a PM...

@Mike

Yes please send me the Scripture that shows the age of the earth too if he sends it in a PM...

Yes, I sure will !

@walnutcowboy sorry....when I said ignore them, I should have been specific. I agree that those images(post 287) aren't very convincing. Although I do believe that the Earth is a lot older, than you do, based on scientific analysis. Personally I believe both yours, and Funbus's accounts. It sounded from what Funbus said, that the sighting had a profound effect on him! I've been looking at alot of these clips; some are terrestrial craft from strange angles, or shown in reverse time, some maybe weather balloons, some are obviously remote control craft. What is interesting, is that alot of people are reporting sightings over war zones, and even over the Fukishima disaster(have you seen the images of how the radiation is flowing across the Pacific ocean?). Another point which reported sightings throws up is Why? Why are there so many reported sightings? and why are people going to so much trouble to make fakes? I don't know about where you live, but here belief in Christianity is diminishing. Mainly I believe because it appears out of date with modern life. (Strangely though Islam is spreading across the West, churches are being converted to mosques, and new super mosques are being built. Although when I talk to muslims, they tell me how medieval alot of their beliefs and practices are!). So I'm wondering, as people are moving away from Christianity, are they looking for an alternative being out there? Obviously I have no problem with people discussing their beliefs, it's just when it's used as a way of saying, 'this is the law, and nothing else is possible', because we just don't know what the future holds.  

A quick note about the diminishing CHRISTianity.

It says in the BIBLE, in the end times that this exact thing will happen !!

If (any of) you would like more info about where to find out in more detail, just PM me.

BUT keep in mind I'm NO expert, I just know where to find it in the BIBLE.

It's a dialogue of deaf.

Catweasle is just trolling you, don't feed him. It's even more funny when you know that we're in the " BIG BANG THEORY " forum ah ah Nobody will change his mind so ignore the bothering comments and continue to discuss with the others.

And this is a perfect video to illustrate it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHHZ5oXAr0

REDROSE,

Thanks for the advice, but CATWEAZLE and I have been here for about the same amount of time.

We actually started bumping heads right off.

We agree (slightly) more than we disagree.

If I've learned nothing else from him, the one thing I know is that he has VERY strong beliefs.

And I commend him for that.

If he can impart his wisdom to me, then I for one, am willing to learn something.

As for saying he's just "trolling", I don't think that's a fair statement !

I've already said that I'm NOT here to debate the subject.

So I have nothing to "feed" him.

I'm just asking him for information.

WHEN he tells me why the earth is 4 billion years old, I either say "I have learned something" or just "thank you".

Which ever I say the conversation will be over.

PS I agree with Sheldon's Mom (this time) !!

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

Since my/the "absurd" claim that the earth being 6,000 years old not supported in Scripture then when you get a chance, can you please send me the Book(s), Chapter(s), and Verse(s) of which you speak about the age of earth being 4 billion years old (since I seem to have missed it in my readings) in a PM since we can't talk about it here?

Or maybe just reply to this message?

Since it's a request for information, and not a debate, no one should mind.

Thanks In Advance !

The absurdity of a six thousand year old Earth is the claim of religious groups, and therefore the claim is not yours. You simiply subscribe to the claim, you did not invent it.

You ask me to provide book, chapter and verse of which I spoke of the Earth being 4 billions years old. If you go back and read my post you will notice that I said that a 6 thousand year old Earth is not supported by scripture. Science has clearly proven that the Earth is 4 billion years old. To claim a six thousand year old Earth against what has been made plain, is indeed absurd! It is that kind of mentality that makes religion a laughing stock.

Scripture never claimed the sun revolved around the Earth.... Religion once caimed it.... Religion needed to bow to science in the end!

REDROSE,

Thanks for the advice, but CATWEAZLE and I have been here for about the same amount of time.

We actually started bumping heads right off.

We agree (slightly) more than we disagree.

If I've learned nothing else from him, the one thing I know is that he has VERY strong beliefs.

And I commend him for that.

If he can impart his wisdom to me, then I for one, am willing to learn something.

As for saying he's just "trolling", I don't think that's a fair statement !

I've already said that I'm NOT here to debate the subject.

So I have nothing to "feed" him.

I'm just asking him for information.

WHEN he tells me why the earth is 4 billion years old, I either say "I have learned something" or just "thank you".

Which ever I say the conversation will be over

Cheers Mike. I knew you'd get it. You understand me well. :diablo:

Edited by Catweazle

The absurdity of a six thousand year old Earth is the claim of religious groups, and therefore the claim is not yours. You simiply subscribe to the claim, you did not invent it.

You ask me to provide book, chapter and verse of which I spoke of the Earth being 4 billions years old. If you go back and read my post you will notice that I said that a 6 thousand year old Earth is not supported by scripture. Science has clearly proven that the Earth is 4 billion years old. To claim a six thousand year old Earth against what has been made plain, is indeed absurd! It is that kind of mentality that makes religion a laughing stock.

Scripture never claimed the sun revolved around the Earth.... Religion once caimed it.... Religion needed to bow to science in the end!

Cheers Mike. I knew you'd get it. You understand me well. :diablo:

THANK YOU !

Yes, I sure will !

A quick note about the diminishing CHRISTianity.

It says in the BIBLE, in the end times that this exact thing will happen !!

A part of diminishing Christianity, has left what is true (Christianity) for what is false....  Like belief in aliens!

We are in the end times. We are in the times of dimishishing morality, a moral decline which society calls progess.

Men can marry men. Women can murder babies with the blessings of state calling it pro-choice. No one is evil, there're just mentally ill.

Folk who preach the bible are preaching hate speech in the eyes of this new enlightened society!!! 

Edited by Catweazle

As I'm sure you're aware Humans are supposed to have spread out from Africa, to inhabit the whole planet. So logically it seems inevitable, that we will slowly spread out through the galaxies. Hundreds of thousands of people have applied to go to Mars in 2022http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/200000-apply-for-oneway-mission-to-colonise-mars--but-only-four-can-become-the-first-human-settlers-of-the-red-planet-8806144.html

• Like 2

( The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.

It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization.) I suppose Alien life may have something like the Prime Directive, which would explain the many sightings, but lack of contact. Here's the Brazilian report I saw. It's still not totally convincing. I can see how once someone gets involved in these ideas, it may change their lives.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmhYAwZC58

• Like 1

As I'm sure you're aware Humans are supposed to have spread out from Africa, to inhabit the whole planet. So logically it seems inevitable, that we will slowly spread out through the galaxies. Hundreds of thousands of people have applied to go to Mars in 2022http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/200000-apply-for-oneway-mission-to-colonise-mars--but-only-four-can-become-the-first-human-settlers-of-the-red-planet-8806144.html

very interesting, look forward to watching this.

( The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.

It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization.) I suppose Alien life may have something like the Prime Directive, which would explain the many sightings, but lack of contact. Here's the Brazilian report I saw. It's still not totally convincing. I can see how once someone gets involved in these ideas, it may change their lives.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmhYAwZC58

pretty cool video, I saw this on another site, and from what I read, nobody's been able to prove it's fake :)

• Like 1

You may call it a logical assumption, but that's all it will be, an assumption!

Humans did spread out from a beginning on Earth. That does not prove life has, or will spread out elewhere, and there is no proof that it has.

Theories abound... but theories they be!

pretty cool video, I saw this on another site, and from what I read, nobody's been able to prove it's fake :)

I'm amazed by just how many sightings there are, with footage. I still approach them from a sceptical viewpoint, but as you say it's hard to see how this could be faked(it's only the lights at the end I'm not sure about. Do they fly into the distance, or drop to the Earth?). I imagine alot of sightings were made before people carried cameras(like yours and walnutcowboy's), so what's online, is only a small percentage. I can see myself wanting to go to a 'hotspot' to see one myself!

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

i'd love to go to a UFO hot spot and camp out for a few weeks, would love to get some good footage, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the government that was putting all the fake videos of UFOs out there just to try and put people off believing in them.

i'd love to go to a UFO hot spot and camp out for a few weeks, would love to get some good footage, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the government that was putting all the fake videos of UFOs out there just to try and put people off believing in them.

I'm restraining myself from laughter.....Ho ho ho ha ha ha.... Sorry, it came out.

Your govenment has some great whistleblowers, but none has so far come forward with the alien conspiacy!!

I'm restraining myself from laughter.....Ho ho ho ha ha ha.... Sorry, it came out.

so it's ok for you to laugh at someone's beliefs or what they believe in, but if it was someone laughing at what you believe in, there would be hell to pay and would have the post deleted, looks like a one way street to me!

plus there's nothing wrong with men marrying men, or women doing the same, if they're happy that's all that matters, they're not hurting anyone and they're probably happier than a lot of husbands and wives,  I think some people are still living in the dark ages.

Edited by funbus

FUNBUS,

I notice you use the expression "hell to pay" , but you don't believe in HEAVEN !?!?

Where do YOUR morals kick in?

Is it OK to have sex with animals?

How about an adult with an 13 +/- year child, even if the underaged person is in agreement?

You say "if they're happy that's all that matters" !

When, in your way of thinking, does that quote no longer apply?

I do agree that some people do choose to live in darkness!

Perhaps that's what the "aliens" are waiting for to have hell on earth.

To wait until all morals gone?

LET "'EM" WAIT !!

Edited by walnutcowboy