The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Well the USA government is shut down so that the aliens can't even take a tour of Washington DC.... :prankster:

• Like 1

FUNBUS,

I notice you use the expression "hell to pay" , but you don't believe in HEAVEN !?!?

Where do YOUR morals kick in?

Is it OK to have sex with animals?

How about an adult with an 13 +/- year child, even if the underaged person is in agreement?

You say "if they're happy that's all that matters" !

When, in your way of thinking, does that quote no longer apply?

I do agree that some people do choose to live in darkness!

Perhaps that's what the "aliens" are waiting for to have hell on earth.

To wait until all morals gone?

LET "'EM" WAIT !!

I have never once said I don't believe in heaven so I don't know where you got that from.

as for the rest of your comment, it's just laughable, I cant believe you would even ask some one those questions.

can we get back on topic please..

Remember the topic.

This thread's getting a bit heavy...

It's not the thread! We in the 'choir', are just exploring the topic! but catweazle keeps sneaking into the pulpit!IA10-53-Carpenter.jpg

• Like 2

Your govenment has some great whistleblowers, but none has so far come forward with the alien conspiacy!!

Actually our governments work for us, and I believe in transparency. I think probably the only way we are going to find out what is happening is through whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, and hackers like Gary McKinnon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMSd_rtszs this is only a glimpse of what they have discovered.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZPqFVM6j6A

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

I have never once said I don't believe in heaven so I don't know where you got that from.

as for the rest of your comment, it's just laughable, I cant believe you would even ask some one those questions.

can we get back on topic please..

IF you believe in HEAVEN (hence believe in GOD), then I am VERY sorry !

I was ASSUMING that with your past comments about GOD that you weren't a believer !

I was NOT commenting, I was asking questions to TRY to understand where your morals begin !!

And by you not answering, I'm still wondering.

Remember I was using YOUR quotes !!

OBTW in most States, they do not accept the union of same sex marriage.

I am MORE then willing to stay on topic !!

My promise to all of you is that as long as no one else goes off topic, than neither will I !!!

@ REDROSE,

You are absolutely right about being able to believe in GOD without believing in a book like the Bible, Torah, etc.

I have NEVER said otherwise.

But it is good to know the reasons of what/why you believe what you believe.

I also agree that "judging what is good or bad is actually the real problem".

Does/should good and bad change from generation to generation?

Or is good and bad just what "we" want it to be?

Which means having a book that has the answers that have worked for 2,000+ years might just be a good thing.

To make believe (at least for me), for just a moment that aliens really could exist, would/could they even have a belief system of good and bad? 

Is it a a "must have" belief that good and bad must exist, or could ANYTHING live/evolve without at least a basic concept of good and bad?   

Usually when aliens are talked about, they tend to have a higher intelligence than we mere humans do.  So would that make their concept of good and evil superior to us or not?  Intelligence is not necessarily tied to a person being good.

Interesting....

It's not the thread! We in the 'choir', are just exploring the topic! but catweazle keeps sneaking into the pulpit!IA10-53-Carpenter.jpg

Wow great picture... Never seen that before.

• Like 1

Usually when aliens are talked about, they tend to have a higher intelligence than we mere humans do. 

In theory they are generally thought to have a higher intelligence.... But, the alien concept is just a myth conceived from a baseless mathematcal theory. Folk love myths though. Some folk even think they've been abducted by them!

Remember the topic.

The first line of my post mentions aliens, keeping the thread on topic.

This thread's getting a bit heavy...

It shouldn't become heavy really, because after all it's only a bit of fun about myths. But, there again folk love myths and tend to get heavy while defending them!

A Higgs boson walks into a Catholic church. The priest said, "Sorry we don't allow hypothetical particles in here". The boson replied, "But without me you can't have mass"

Just keeping it light.

• Like 2

In theory they are generally thought to have a higher intelligence.... But, the alien concept is just a myth conceived from a baseless mathematcal theory. Folk love myths though. Some folk even think they've been abducted by them!

A Higgs boson walks into a Catholic church. The priest said, "Sorry we don't allow hypothetical particles in here". The boson replied, "But without me you can't have mass"

What a cool concept for a new TV show - dumb aliens from a galaxy far, far away invade the earth.  Or would they just blend in?

Funny joke...

Forgive me, my miserable cow is showing. (Perhaps because I am an incompetent debater and y'all are so competent.)

As you were.

sad-alien-small.jpg

WILLO,

Where ever did you get a picture of me with one of my headaches???

• Like 3

@ Funbus They should have had TBBT guys out there looking for UFOs, while they were looking for shooting stars! When I checked the map, it turns out I live in a hotspot. From my windows, I live on a hill, I can see for thirty miles across open countryside, and the air space above it. As we obviously can't trust our governments, I thought the ideal way is for a network of people to set up panoramic cameras, constantly watching, and to correlate this info with; planet positions, space station positions,etc so they can be disregarded. Only a few days ago I saw a bright sphere very high up. Couldn't work out what it was!

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

sounds like a good idea, your place sounds like a great place to live for star gazing and UFO hunting :) make sure you keep a camera at the ready.

I was thinking of Hi Def CCTV, that continually records to an SD card! Brian Cox believes there's life out there, and has been trying to convince people that we'll never know, if we cut all funding. It's incredible that after Chernobyl(and numerous atomic bombs) the atmosphere and land is radioactive. They seem unable to stop the leakage from Fukishima, which means the oceans and all the life in them will be radioactive. And hopes for finding an inhabitable planet are reliant upon a reality show to Mars! The first sci fi film I remember, one of my father's favourites, is The Day The Earth Stood Still! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY

Oh, the prattle of the deceived is an endless fantasy!

i'm surprised you're still on this thread, seeing as you have no interest at all in aliens, UFOs or anything else that maybe living in the universe, you made your point many pages ago and yet you still feel the need to come and post up useless comments that are of no help to anyone, bloodyhell you must be bored!

Edited by funbus

i'm surprised you're still on this thread, seeing as you have no interest at all in aliens,

There is interest in the alien myth. It's interesting how folk go into details of something that has no evidence of existence. It's interesting how folk cling to their defence as if their life depended on it, when there is zero basis for a defence!

you made your point many pages ago

I presented the facts many pages ago.

you still feel the need to come and post up useless comments that are of no help to anyone, 

That's one of the point of forums, to post comments. Whether one finds them useless is down to personal understanding behind the context of the comments.

bloodyhell you must be bored!

I tend to stay away from things that bore me. The alien myth doesn't bore me.... So here I am.

Oh, the prattle of the deceived is an endless fantasy!

While beliefs and values can offer structure to the Human Experience; no one can put limits, or controls on our natural curiosity, or our desire to explore our planet and our origins. In the future, when we will undoubtedly develop the technology, we will explore the rest of the planets in the cosmos.original.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnM4SaGc8R0

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

In the future, when we will undoubtedly develop the technology, we will explore the rest of the planets in the cosmos.

We are already doing that. The question is will there be life to find!!

Some people look backwards, and have nothing better to do than annoy us, who look forward into the future.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg0dmv8H-WM

Well if someone is doing research now that would be the present.  Unless you mean right now...oops that moment's gone.  Wait...no, that one's gone again.  

Thankfully not everyone has a closed mind, and doesn't feel that their beliefs are threatened by new possibilities; Fr. Jose Gabriel Funes(Director of the Vatican Observatory) 'In an interview in May 2008[1][2] he stated that the possible existence of intelligent extraterrestrials did not contradict church teaching[3][4] and ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.[5] He has speculated that such alien life forms could even be “free from Original Sin … [remaining] in full friendship with their creator.”[6] Funes' statements have clearly similar points to what the Vatican's Corrado Balducci also previously has expressed'. Monsignor Corrado Balducci 'has said that extraterrestrial contact is real'. Brother Guy Consolmagno 'Dr Consolmango, 57, the curator of the Pope's meteorite collection, is a trained astronomer and planetary scientist at the Vatican’s observatory.

He worked as a scientist in California for 15 years before turning to the church.

He said "intelligent design" had been "hijacked" by religious fundamentalists.

"The word has been hijacked by a narrow group of Creationist fundamentalists in America to mean something it did not originally mean at all'.''It’s bad theology in that it turns God once again into the pagan god of thunder and lightning.’

The phrase 'Intelligent Design' was centuries old and described the idea that God could be discovered in the laws of space and time and the existence of human reason..

The Vatican was 'very aware' of what was going on in the world of science, he added.

The Pontifical Academy of Science, of which Stephen Hawking is a member, kept the senior cardinals and the Pope up-to-date with the latest scientific developments'.

Edited by gaqo

Some people look backwards, and have nothing better to do than annoy us,

Some people look at the facts, which is a better thing than drawing fantasy from one's own imagination. Facts deliver truth while fantasy delievers myth. Myth is fine in creating entertaining science fiction though!

Some people look backwards,

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. One needs to look backwards for that of course!

Some people look at the facts, which is a better thing than drawing fantasy from one's own imagination. Facts deliver truth while fantasy delievers myth. Myth is fine in creating entertaining science fiction though!

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. One needs to look backwards for that of course!

no-cliches.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-rkzJ6yZw

Edited by gaqo