The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

I think if we expand it to, does extraterrestrial life exist? Then the answer is, it is extremely likely!

• Like 1

i'm with carl sagan. "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

i do believe that there are aliens out there, right now, somewhere. whether they are within a distance to travel to earth or not is another matter. one thing people seem to struggle to grasp also is time. civilisations rise and fall, and so do planets and stars. with the universe around 14 billion years old, whats to say that there would be aliens near us at the exact time we are around?

we've only been looking for them for a few decades, lets say 50 years. 

thats 50 years.

out of 14,000,000,000

so why would their appearance coincide with the 50 years we've actually been watching for them?

that said, i think mobile phones MUST use alien technology, its the only explanation :p

• Like 2

Yes, and the other problem is that because the cosmos is expanding at such a rate, they already say that 90% of all stars and planets, are invisible to us, because they are simply too far away. Which means that with that expansion, the sky, even to telescopes, will get blacker/darker. One solution I'm sure someones suggested before; attach probes to comets. We've known for centuries that comets follow set trajectories, and return every set number of years, ie:use elements of the cosmos itself, in our exploration, rather than sending out probes under their own power. 

• Like 1

thats interesting about putting probes on comets. ive been watching a lot of documentaries lately, have you ever heard of one that deals with that topic?

while i agree about the universe expanding, on the smaller scale theres stuff going on like, they believe we will collide with the andromeda galaxy in the distant future. THAT should result in a few new sparkly lights in the sky ;)

• Like 1

Yes, and the other problem is that because the cosmos is expanding at such a rate, they already say that 90% of all stars and planets, are invisible to us, because they are simply too far away. Which means that with that expansion, the sky, even to telescopes, will get blacker/darker. One solution I'm sure someones suggested before; attach probes to comets. We've known for centuries that comets follow set trajectories, and return every set number of years, ie:use elements of the cosmos itself, in our exploration, rather than sending out probes under their own power. 

I think that's a GREAT idea.

After all "we" have come a long way in the last few years.

In addition to sending probes out on to comets, I have found another way for the government to spend "our" money !

If you don't believe me, just check out what NORAD is doing on CHRISTmas Eve.

Google  "NORAD Tracks Santa" !

I kid you not !!

• Like 1

There's no reason to attached probes to comets.  We currently have communication with both Voyager spacecraft.  Voyager 1 is about 104 Astronomical Units (AU) away from the sun (104 times the distance from the Sun to the Earth) and Voyager 2 is currently at 127 AU (it takes about 17 hours for radio signals to get to the probe and another 17 hours for the reply to get back to us), and is getting close to leaving the heliosheath, and entering interstellar space.   That are still traveling at around 10 miles per second.

The two probes have been working for over 35 years and are still sending data, they both launched in 1977.     They made it that far by using gravity assists from Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.   By doing mid course corrections and changing how close to those planets the probes passed by, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory could have sent the probes onto a different path, providing the same periodic return paths that comets have.  But why bother?  The probes are are on an escape trajectory and will continue to send data until at least 2025, possibly longer.   We don't have to wait for them to return, they are sending data now.  

Problems with putting instruments on comets is that A LOT of fuel has to be used to match the comet's orbital path around the sun, so the interments can be placed softly on the surface.  It's cheaper, easier, and allows more instruments to be placed on a probe that uses a gravity assist path.   Not to mention there currently isn't the Heavy Lift Capability to launch something that would have to be carrying all that fuel.   Another problem with using the comet, is that as it approaches the sun, it tends to release gases and come apart, with any instruments on it being damaged or destroyed.  

^ im pretty sure if we had some 2013 instruments on our probes, instead of 1970s ones, that'd be worth a great deal.

There do seem to be a fair amount of problems regarding the comet idea, but id still be interested to learn more. It would, of course, provide interesting info on exactly what trajectory it follows and what else is out there.

• Like 1

^ im pretty sure if we had some 2013 instruments on our probes, instead of 1970s ones, that'd be worth a great deal.

This is going to be a problem no matter what. If we could launch something to a comet now, in 35 years, we'd have 2014 instruments on the probes in 2049. At the speeds were able to achieve, even with gravity assists, it just takes a long time.

There do seem to be a fair amount of problems regarding the comet idea, but id still be interested to learn more. It would, of course, provide interesting info on exactly what trajectory it follows and what else is out there.

Remember, if comets are returning, they do not have enough velocity to escape the solar system. Our probes can. And any comet that would get a big enough gravity assist from the sun would probably end end up like Comet ISON last month, destroy by the tidal effects so close to the sun. And, actually, Comet ISON would have had a period of 400,000 years, so again, it won't escape our solar system.

• Like 1

hi, tensor :)

yeah, all endeavours we make will come to be a bit dated, i guess what i was saying (admittedly not very well)  is that any new endeavour we discuss will have the advantages of new technology, whether we stick it to a comet or lob it out there with a catapult :p if i picked up you up right, it seemed to you like there was no point in trying anything new because of the probes we already have out there. 

its funny we end up talking about this, i was reading up on the voyager probes status a few days ago. i couldnt help thinking that i seriously doubt any modern instruments would be reliable enough to match their extended performance!

as regards the return of the comets, i dont see it as a necessity that probes leave the solar system. but i guess in a thread about aliens, there would be good reason to get out of our back yard at least!

i also note the point about the instability of comets. 

Actually, my point was there was no reason to go to the trouble of putting instruments on a comet, due the known problems, when it would be cheaper, more reliable, and could be more accurately sent, by using gravity assist. I would love to see a new probe or two, sent on a hyperbolic path out of the solar system. It could be aimed close enough to thee outer gas giant to maximize speed out of the solar system. The previous probes were sent with the main idea of investigating the outer gas giants. Speed out of the solar system was a much lower priority.

Edited by Tensor

We need to start calling you Professor Tensor.  I swear I learn so much from your posts...

Id be excited by more probes too. Very interested to learn more about the kuiper belt and even the oort cloud. I understand that the time scales involved before the voyagers reach oort space are...astronomical ;)

While it's cool(thanks for the link), it really has nothing to do with your original comment.  It won't be going outside of the solar system, (Hell, it doesn't even get as far as Jupiter's orbit, nor get inside Earth's orbit.  So, while it may provide some previously unknown information between the Earth and Jupiter, it's useless for getting information elsewhere.  Not to mention, the probe is going there to investigate the comet.  If information on the conditions between Earth or Jupiter were needed, why bother using all that fuel when it would have been faster, cheaper and less risky to just have the probe go into an orbit in that area?

I've read Allingham's and Adamski's books.  I've spent years on several sites that require evidence, not assertions, and those two books were brought up by conspiracy theorists all the time.  It's quite easy to refute the few specifics in those books.  There is nothing in either of those books that constitutes hard evidence.  

As compared to what NASA's hard data ?   :sarcastichand:

If your Lyrans  are able to travel around the galaxy, and re-engineer Venus to allow humans to live on it, isn't it a bit silly to think that  humans would be able to keep the Lyrans from revealing themselves?  I mean according to you, humans can't even manage spaceflight, how exactly do humans, with such a much far inferior technology, stop the Lyrans from revealing themselves?

Uh ever watch Star Trek and learn about the Prime-Directive ?  Same rules apply with the Lyrans and us.  They keep the Saurians from abducting humans most of the time and we are under their protection from hostile alien races.  Of course NASA denies all of this as to not to panic humanity.  

As far as the Bilderberg's, If they were so secret until the the 1990s and the internet, why was Phyllis Schlafly in 1964, able to write about them?  I find it humorous that the right conspiracists accuses the Bilderbergs of trying to force a one world government, and the left conspiracists accuse them of trying to form a government run by corporations.  The John Birch Society, Schlafly, Jim Tucker, Lyndon LaRouche, and Alex Jones,  are advocates of the conspiracy theories regarding the Bildebergs (and they all differ as far as what the Bilderbergs are planning, go figure).  If you want to associate yourself with nuts like that, more power to you.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/think-tank-extraordinary-crisis-needed-to-preserve-new-world-order.html

If they are all so nuts then why are Globalists today admitting why they are failing so bad in the information age of the 21st Century.

See that's the beauty of video phones and the internet, the ignorant people are no longer in the majority about the Globalists and UFOs. anymore.    There's a reason Coast to Coast AM has 70-80 million listeners world-wide.

I've read Allingham's and Adamski's books.  I've spent years on several sites that require evidence, not assertions, and those two books were brought up by conspiracy theorists all the time.  It's quite easy to refute the few specifics in those books.  There is nothing in either of those books that constitutes hard evidence.

As compared to what NASA's hard data ?  

Actually, yes. I work with that and other data on a regular basis, I've seen the data come in and I've spoken to the people that designed the sensors and data transmission equipment. I've also met several people who work at JPL and spoken with them. But, on the off chance I'm wrong, I'll accept your explanations on how the data isn't correct. Just detail why the specific module in the equipment doesn't work as claimed or give specific details as to why the equipment is giving spurious readings, and how the particular module would give such readings.

If your Lyrans  are able to travel around the galaxy, and re-engineer Venus to allow humans to live on it, isn't it a bit silly to think that  humans would be able to keep the Lyrans from revealing themselves?  I mean according to you, humans can't even manage spaceflight, how exactly do humans, with such a much far inferior technology, stop the Lyrans from revealing themselves?

Uh ever watch Star Trek and learn about the Prime-Directive ?  Same rules apply with the Lyrans and us.

Yeah, because creatures that are so far ahead of us in technology use rules from a low rated, dramatic entertainment program. Very believable

They keep the Saurians from abducting humans most of the time and we are under their protection from hostile alien races.  Of course NASA denies all of this as to not to panic humanity.

That's not the question I asked. You claimed that Adamski was given the information because the Lyrans knew that any Earth-based space agency would keep the truth hidden. Well, if they are not supposed to interfere with the Earth, then why give out the information to Adamski? That's interfering with the Earth. Or, better yet, how did the Earth based space agency's find out about the Lyrans? Are you saying with their much superior technology, they can't keep themselves hidden from Earth's space agencies? That's not much of a technology, is it?

As far as the Bilderberg's, If they were so secret until the the 1990s and the internet, why was Phyllis Schlafly in 1964, able to write about them?  I find it humorous that the right conspiracists accuses the Bilderbergs of trying to force a one world government, and the left conspiracists accuse them of trying to form a government run by corporations.  The John Birch Society, Schlafly, Jim Tucker, Lyndon LaRouche, and Alex Jones,  are advocates of the conspiracy theories regarding the Bildebergs (and they all differ as far as what the Bilderbergs are planning, go figure).  If you want to associate yourself with nuts like that, more power to you.

snip…Alex Jones sillines...

Ahhhhhh, yes, Alex Jones, the darling of conspiracist theorists (not that I've already mentioned him). Actually, that's wrong, that should be Conspiracist hypothesizers, there really isn't any where near enough evidence to get to the scientific use of the word. And, again, you didn't answer my questions. If it was hidden until the internet, why was Phyllis Schlafly supposedly able to find out about the Bildebergs in 1964? Why do different groups claim different objectives for the Bildebergs? One reason, if you need to fire up your group, and really don't have any information, you make it up. Different people make up different things. Hey, that sound's like what the different groups say about the Bildebergs.

If they are all so nuts then why are Globalists today admitting why they are failing so bad in the information age of the 21st Century.

See that's the beauty of video phones and the internet, the ignorant people are no longer in the majority about the Globalists and UFOs. anymore.

No, but silly, paranoid, people who lack clear, critical thinking skills ARE still in the majority about Globalists and UFOs. Alex Jones site is a good example. He doesn't use anything specific, except those things that can be twisted to mean what he wants them to mean, to keep people tuning in.

There's a reason Coast to Coast AM has 70- 80 million listeners world-wide.

Yeah, ignorance. And the fact that Coast to Coast is a business. It's job is to frighten easily frightened people into listening. They do this by fooling people into thinking that there is actually anything to their crazy stories, by using innuendo, false information, and things that scare those kinds of people. You do know that Art Bell, the original coast to coast host, didn't believe in any of the silliness he put on the show, right. He's also disavowed the current show hosted by George Noory.

Actually, yes. I work with that and other data on a regular basis, I've seen the data come in and I've spoken to the people that designed the sensors and data transmission equipment. I've also met several people who work at JPL and spoken with them. But, on the off chance I'm wrong, I'll accept your explanations on how the data isn't correct. Just detail why the specific module in the equipment doesn't work as claimed or give specific details as to why the equipment is giving spurious readings, and how the particular module would give such readings.

NASA covers up real alien stuff all the time and the JPL people and other officials are just there to divert the public's attention into geology and put on a dull show making people dis-interested.

Yeah, because creatures that are so far ahead of us in technology use rules from a low rated, dramatic entertainment program. Very believable.

If you were going to explain what the socio-dynamics of space and space-faring cultures were would you use a gov't agency that supresses everything or would you use a media of entertainment that educates people on a sub-conscious level ? 

That's not the question I asked. You claimed that Adamski was given the information because the Lyrans knew that any Earth-based space agency would keep the truth hidden. Well, if they are not supposed to interfere with the Earth, then why give out the information to Adamski? That's interfering with the Earth. Or, better yet, how did the Earth based space agency's find out about the Lyrans? Are you saying with their much superior technology, they can't keep themselves hidden from Earth's space agencies? That's not much of a technology, is it?

They want Earth humanity to join their FEDERATION but not if we are going to act all millitant and gang-banger thug type political.  They have a debt-free money space exploration based economies much like Star Trek, where as we on Earth have war and fossil fuel based economies.  Coast to Coast slowly enlightens people to this fact.

Ahhhhhh, yes, Alex Jones, the darling of conspiracist theorists (not that I've already mentioned him). Actually, that's wrong, that should be Conspiracist hypothesizers, there really isn't any where near enough evidence to get to the scientific use of the word. And, again, you didn't answer my questions. If it was hidden until the internet, why was Phyllis Schlafly supposedly able to find out about the Bildebergs in 1964? Why do different groups claim different objectives for the Bildebergs? One reason, if you need to fire up your group, and really don't have any information, you make it up. Different people make up different things. Hey, that sound's like what the different groups say about the Bildebergs.

Everything Alex Jones has published he gets the government documents as proof.  That's not conspiracy theory that's conspiracy reality.  The FEMA Camps andthe Drone bases are real.  They are not for al-Qaida (the phantom menace) but to have the Globalists enslave America.

No, but silly, paranoid, people who lack clear, critical thinking skills ARE still in the majority about Globalists and UFOs. Alex Jones site is a good example. He doesn't use anything specific, except those things that can be twisted to mean what he wants them to mean, to keep people tuning in.

No only former government workers and real documents.  Nice try at dis-info but you FAILED.

Yeah, ignorance. And the fact that Coast to Coast is a business. It's job is to frighten easily frightened people into listening. They do this by fooling people into thinking that there is actually anything to their crazy stories, by using innuendo, false information, and things that scare those kinds of people. You do know that Art Bell, the original coast to coast host, didn't believe in any of the silliness he put on the show, right. He's also disavowed the current show hosted by George Noory.

Never listened to Coast to Coast with Art Bell.  George Noory has had people like Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Richard Hoagland and a slew of other credible professionals who know what they are talking about.  Granted there are times where they have numerologists and other looney people on who have all the psychic know how about 9/11 but can't seem to predict anything else given all the false-flags we have had done by our own government.

Snip….

Well after ignoring questions (twice in a couple of cases) and attacking straw men, instead of the actual statements, it's obvious that you have trouble staying on task. I'll leave you to your delusions.

Never listened to Coast to Coast with Art Bell.  George Noory has had people like Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Richard Hoagland and a slew of other credible professionals who know what they are talking about.  Granted there are times where they have numerologists and other looney people on who have all the psychic know how about 9/11 but can't seem to predict anything else given all the false-flags we have had done by our own government.

Hehehehe, yeah, the old everybody else is looney, except the stuff I believe in without any kind of hard evidence. Enjoy your tinfoil hat.

Well after ignoring questions (twice in a couple of cases) and attacking straw men, instead of the actual statements, it's obvious that you have trouble staying on task. I'll leave you to your delusions.

Hehehehe, yeah, the old everybody else is looney, except the stuff I believe in without any kind of hard evidence. Enjoy your tinfoil hat.

Okay smart guy why is NASA still using rocketry when the Hutchison effect has been known for some time now ?

That's if you have any idea what the Hutchison effect is ?

Okay smart guy why is NASA still using rocketry when the Hutchison effect has been known for some time now ?

That's if you have any idea what the Hutchison effect is ?

How about this, you go back and answer the questions your ignored, that I asked you, and answer the comments, not your straw men, and I'll give you the answer to this one. Sound fair?