The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Just popping in to remind everyone that there is no proof of aliens. Your alien chat is based on nothing more than imagination!

Just popping in to remind everyone that there is no proof of aliens. Your alien chat is based on nothing more than imagination!

Right Adamski, Allingham, SItchin and Von Daineken all wrote books on the subject but no proof.

Not until the same Government that puts sodium-fluoride in your water admits it to you.

:sarcastic:

Right Adamski, Allingham, SItchin and Von Daineken all wrote books on the subject but no proof.

At least now you all seem to be in agreement.

So I take off my aluminum foil hat to you all !

Not until the same Government that puts sodium-fluoride in your water admits it to you.

But at least now I have cavities (to probe?).

:sarcastic:

i'm sure you'll be proved wrong soon enough, and at least there are people working to get proof of what we believe in.

i'm sure you'll be proved wrong soon enough, and at least there are people working to get proof of what we believe in.

I'm sure I wont be proved wrong..... In fact I'm very very sure I wont.

And it's MY tax dollars being wasted in the mean time.

You know what there is a whole Lyran Federation out there between the Lyrae Star system, Andromeda, Orion, the Pleadies, Arcturus etc. that are humans just like us.  It is because of our Globalist Governments that want to keep modern Earth humanity enslaved like our Anunnaki Ancestors did that is keeping Earth humanity from a Trekkie like existence in the Universe at this current time.

What you see on Star Trek is their way of conditioning Earth humanity to become part of the Federation so to speak and to stop being such a Tattooine type planet that is on everyone's Prime Directive List.

And it's that other guys over there who doesn't think his taxes should to to schools, or that other guy who doesn't want the government paying for disaster aid in the US (until, of course, a disaster hits his area)_…. well you get my drift.  What you consider wasteful, others deem essential, and what they deem wasteful, you deem essential.  

• Like 1

Oh, foolish me.  Someone wrote a book about it, so it must be true.  Well then, I can point you to quite a few books that claim to demonstrate there are unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster.  Which means of course that you must believe in unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster, after all, there are books written about them.   Yes, that is quite circular. 

• Like 1

And it's that other guys over there who doesn't think his taxes should to to schools, or that other guy who doesn't want the government paying for disaster aid in the US (until, of course, a disaster hits his area)_…. well you get my drift.  What you consider wasteful, others deem essential, and what they deem wasteful, you deem essential.  

I can prove that there are schools & that disasters exist (whether I want to pay taxes or not), but you still can't prove aliens exist !!

• Like 1

I can prove that there are schools & that disasters exist (whether I want to pay taxes or not), but you still can't prove aliens exist !!

But you can't prove I have kids that go to school, so why do I have to pay for them?  As far as I'm concerned, they are a waste of my tax dollars (actually, I happen to think that schools are a good thing, I'm just playing devils advocate with that) and why should I have to pay taxes that go to those who live in disaster zones?    As for the Aliens, I happen to think that visitation by intelligent aliens is unlikely to ever happen, while the discovery of evidence for any kind of life is almost a certainty within the solar system.  Note that I am not disagreeing with either you or Cat on the evidence for Aliens or even Alien life.  

But you can't prove I have kids that go to school, so why do I have to pay for them?  As far as I'm concerned, they are a waste of my tax dollars (actually, I happen to think that schools are a good thing, I'm just playing devils advocate with that) and why should I have to pay taxes that go to those who live in disaster zones?    As for the Aliens, I happen to think that visitation by intelligent aliens is unlikely to ever happen, while the discovery of evidence for any kind of life is almost a certainty within the solar system.  Note that I am not disagreeing with either you or Cat on the evidence for Aliens or even Alien life.  

Hey, you live in Florida honey - the whole freakin' state is a disaster zone waiting to happen.... :girlsmile:

...the whole freakin' state is a disaster zone waiting to happen.... :girlsmile:

Yeah, and that's not counting any weather or other NATURAL disasters.

Yeah, and that's not counting any weather or other NATURAL disasters.

Touche!

Being in So. Cal. I know what you mean by being taxed for almost every conceivable reason.

And I'm not saying that they are all fair either.

I guess my point is how much of our tax dollars would be spent if we knew where it ALL went and we were able to vote on them.

An Ol' West town in Colton, Ca. was unable to rebuild after a fire because on an endangered fly.

Over 1/2 a million dollars have been spent on preserving this "EMPTY" field.

The local Hospital had to change their building plans for this fly.  

What percent of people would be in favor of the fly if they knew?

Same things with aliens, What percent of the people would choose to spend THEIR money on something that hasn't proven to exist?

Same things with aliens, What percent of the people would choose to spend THEIR money on something that hasn't proven to exist?

Mike, do you know how much the government spends specifically on the search for Aliens?   Nothing, zilch, nada.  That program was cancelled in 1994.   The current search is funded by subscription, from members of the SETI institute, a private entity that gets no Federal Funds.  Now, there are various probes sent by NASA under Planatary Science that contain instruments to detect current or past  life (one or two cell forms of life) on whatever planet or moon they are sent to.  Total Budget for Planetary Science just over 600 million, or two dollars per person in the US.  But, that is for all of Planetary science.  Rockets, launch teams, control teams at JPL, the probes themselves.  If you only count those instruments on the probes (because the instruments to detect life are not the main experiments, it costs about 30 million, about ten cents per person.   Which doesn't count the various science advances that were made to make those instruments or the jobs created to design and construct those instruments.   

Mike, do you know how much the government spends specifically on the search for Aliens?   Nothing, zilch, nada.  That program was cancelled in 1994.   The current search is funded by subscription, from members of the SETI institute, a private entity that gets no Federal Funds.  Now, there are various probes sent by NASA under Planatary Science that contain instruments to detect current or past  life (one or two cell forms of life) on whatever planet or moon they are sent to.  Total Budget for Planetary Science just over 600 million, or two dollars per person in the US.  But, that is for all of Planetary science.  Rockets, launch teams, control teams at JPL, the probes themselves.  If you only count those instruments on the probes (because the instruments to detect life are not the main experiments, it costs about 30 million, about ten cents per person.   Which doesn't count the various science advances that were made to make those instruments or the jobs created to design and construct those instruments.   

OH...WELL....NEVER MIND THEN !

You know what there is a whole Lyran Federation out there between the Lyrae Star system, Andromeda, Orion, the Pleadies, Arcturus etc. that are humans just like us.  It is because of our Globalist Governments that want to keep modern Earth humanity enslaved like our Anunnaki Ancestors did that is keeping Earth humanity from a Trekkie like existence in the Universe at this current time.

What you see on Star Trek is their way of conditioning Earth humanity to become part of the Federation so to speak and to stop being such a Tattooine type planet that is on everyone's Prime Directive List.

You either have a very dry sense of humour, or your nuts!

Mike, do you know how much the government spends specifically on the search for Aliens?   Nothing, zilch, nada.  That program was cancelled in 1994.  

Yeah, but what about all the money wasted before 1994!

Yeah, but what about all the money wasted before 1994!

So, you object to trying to find the evidence that doesn't now exist? Do you also object to the effort to find evidence as to whether Hydrogen Fusion is possible? Or the effort to try to find cures for various diseases, even thought there isn't any evidence we will find such a cure for a particular disease?

• Like 1

So, you object to trying to find the evidence that doesn't now exist? Do you also object to the effort to find evidence as to whether Hydrogen Fusion is possible? Or the effort to try to find cures for various diseases, even thought there isn't any evidence we will find such a cure for a particular disease?

No theory is needed to see if diseases exist... They are plainly seen...  Hence there is something to work with, and a reason, to search for a cure.

Aliens do need a theory for existence, of which no evidence exists... Hence they are not plainly seen!!

No theory is needed to see if diseases exist... They are plainly seen...  Hence there is something to work with, and a reason, to search for a cure.

Aliens do need a theory for existence, of which no evidence exists... Hence they are not plainly seen!!

Strawman, I didn't say evidence of diseases, I said evidence that some diseases can be cured. Like MS. Right now, there is no evidence that we will ever find a cure, or say the common cold cure. By your reasoning, because there is no evidence that a cure can be found for these( and many others), we shouldn't bother looking. I noticed you didn't comment on the fusion thing. As there is no evidence that we will ever be able to control that, should we give up trying?

Strawman, I didn't say evidence of diseases, I said evidence that some diseases can be cured. Like MS. Right now, there is no evidence that we will ever find a cure, or say the common cold cure. By your reasoning, because there is no evidence that a cure can be found for these( and many others), we shouldn't bother looking. I noticed you didn't comment on the fusion thing. As there is no evidence that we will ever be able to control that, should we give up trying?

You might think there is no evidence that we will not find a cure for MS.... But there is evidence that a cure will be found. Based on the fact that we know MS exists, and on the results of similar searches for other diseases that have produced cures, it is likely a cure will be found.

As we know that MS exists and medical research has had success, it's worth the time and money to continue searching for a cure.

Alien theory is not quite the same... Is it!!