The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Oh, foolish me.  Someone wrote a book about it, so it must be true.  Well then, I can point you to quite a few books that claim to demonstrate there are unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster.  Which means of course that you must believe in unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster, after all, there are books written about them.   Yes, that is quite circular. 

They wrote books in the 50s and the 60s which NASA science proves past the 1970s.

Case and point...  you can water surf right on Neptune's equator just like you do on Earth.  By NASA logic Neptune is too far from the sun and too cold.

However what Orthon has told Adamski is that the asteroid belts act as photon capacitors which trap photons and then re-emits them to the outer planets with the same intensity as the sun emits photons to the Mercury thru Mars planets thus allow people on Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Nibiru to enjoy the same seasons as we do here on Earth and Venus.

It wasn't until 1992 NASA sent a probe to the Tiamat Belt, the one between Mars and Jupiter, and got temperature readings hotter than the sun's surface that they confirmed what Adamski wrote back in the 1950s.

Circular logic my ass.

You either have a very dry sense of humour, or your nuts!

No just a good sense fo what is going on in the world and the solar system.

Ignorance wasn't cool when I was a kid, how it got to be so in the adult world still is a mystery to me.

This thread is still going on? I can't believe it.

Believe it, Earth has yet to wake up to its space Federation Neighborhood someday.

Being ignorant about it despite all the Ancient Alien evidence is not going to help Earth humanity grow.

They wrote books in the 50s and the 60s which NASA science proves past the 1970s.

Case and point...  you can water surf right on Neptune's equator just like you do on Earth.  By NASA logic Neptune is too far from the sun and too cold.

Ahhhhhh, I love how you use NASA science for one statement, when you need it to be right, then in the next sentence, you blow it off, because it contradicts what you want. This is cherry-picking of the highest order.

However what Orthon has told Adamski is that the asteroid belts act as photon capacitors which trap photons and then re-emits them to the outer planets with the same intensity as the sun emits photons to the Mercury thru Mars planets thus allow people on Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Nibiru to enjoy the same seasons as we do here on Earth and Venus.

So your whole argument is because he says so? They would also radiate back toward the Earth, increase it's temperature (not to mention Mar's temperatures). Why isn't this observed? Other than Adamski claiming this, can you point me to some hard observational data?

It wasn't until 1992 NASA sent a probe to the Tiamat Belt, the one between Mars and Jupiter, and got temperature readings hotter than the sun's surface that they confirmed what Adamski wrote back in the 1950s.

What probe? What temperature was recorded? What was Adamski's exact prediction? What were his error bars? Do they overlap with the observation. And, can you provide links to the data? Oh, BTW, in a previous post you indicated you thought NASA data worthless. Why do you now think it has value, because you think it supports your contention here. And why exactly is this data good and the other data not?

Question, and my no means trying to stir the pot, but how does one tell if an ancient artifact is from another planet or an ancient civilization?  

Question, and my no means trying to stir the pot, but how does one tell if an ancient artifact is from another planet or an ancient civilization?

Depends on the book one is writing. The overwhelming majority of authors writing about about ancient astronauts, will declare the artifact is from another planet, ignoring anything that shows it's from earth.

By the judicious application of Occam's Razor

For the record, I strongly believe there may be life on other planets, the shear number of star systems makes it highly probable, but that doesn't mean it's intelligent life. Even assuming that it's intelligent life, they haven't visited here.

Edited by gsxdoug

Depends on the book one is writing. The overwhelming majority of authors writing about about ancient astronauts, will declare the artifact is from another planet, ignoring anything that shows it's from earth.

So the only proof is in a book not like a museum?  

Except maybe Area 51?   :unsure:

I wouldn't presume to speak for Tensor, but I think his point is that the people who write books supporting the existence of "ancient astronauts" are prone to ignoring any evidence that contradicts their belief.

Area 51 was/is a testing ground for advanced military aircraft design, no aliens there.

• Like 1

So the only proof is in a book not like a museum?  

Except maybe Area 51?   :unsure:

See PM

I wouldn't presume to speak for Tensor, but I think his point is that the people who write books supporting the existence of "ancient astronauts" are prone to ignoring any evidence that contradicts their belief.

Bingo. Look at post 477. There are nothing but assertions there. No hard evidence, just quotes and innuendo from a book that ignores actually evidence, by claiming(again without any actually evidence) that the evidence is hidden by NASA or invalid. But, it's funny how any evidence found by NASA that supports their ideas, is usable, good and not hidden. Either NASA evidence is good or its not. Picking and choosing without any kind of evidence (other than it's because those authors say so) is bogus.

• Like 1

PMed ya back Tensor

And GSXDoug...thank you for the additional clarification.   :icon_biggrin:

No just a good sense fo what is going on in the world and the solar system.

Ignorance wasn't cool when I was a kid, how it got to be so in the adult world still is a mystery to me.

Believe it, Earth has yet to wake up to its space Federation Neighborhood someday.

Being ignorant about it despite all the Ancient Alien evidence is not going to help Earth humanity grow.

So, you haven't got a dry sence of humour. That means you're nuts!

Because there are no artifacts on other planets.

just because someone believes in something that you don't, doesn't give you the right to be rude to them, that's one of the biggest problems with the internet, people being horrible because they are behind a keyboard!

You don't know that, there are hundreds of planets similar to earth that have been discovered that have the right ingredients for life and more are being found all the time and only a small amount of space has been searched, if we are here living on this planet, why cant there be life living on another?

just because someone believes in something that you don't, doesn't give you the right to be rude to them, that's one of the biggest problems with the internet, people being horrible because they are behind a keyboard!

There is belief and opinion and there is absurdity.

This guy has gone beyond stating personel belief. He's made ridiculous claims.

So ridiculous I think he is kidding.

If he is not kidding.... All is not well.

And if you believe his claims.... All is not well.

Watch Richard Hoagland's Monuments of Mars.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Monuments-Mars-Terrestrial-Connection/dp/B001L5FXI2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1391644948&sr=8-5&keywords=monuments+of+mars

There is belief and opinion and there is absurdity.

This guy has gone beyond stating personel belief. He's made ridiculous claims.

So ridiculous I think he is kidding.

If he is not kidding.... All is not well.

And if you believe his claims.... All is not well.

I can back them up tho.   :nyam:

You don't know that, there are hundreds of planets similar to earth that have been discovered that have the right ingredients for life and more are being found all the time and only a small amount of space has been searched, if we are here living on this planet, why cant there be life living on another?

Thank you this is the type of enlightenment that the Lyran Federation out there is hoping to come into contact with.

• Like 1

LOL, I thought NASA data couldn't be trusted? Oh, yeah, this supports your fantasies, so in this case, NASA data is good. I keep forgetting, if it supports silliness you support, the data is usable. If it doesn't support the silliness you support, it isn't usable. You know, cherry picking.

No you can't. It's all an interpretation by Hoagland, that's refuted by others with better images. Since the "face" isn't a face in higher definition, the rest of his hypothesis has the same level of support, none.

• Like 1

Of course you can back them up. You're so convinced by absurdity you could prove anything to yourself.... However, I live in the real world where your proof would fail to be taken seriouly by people of sound mind.

I'm a bit confused !

I've tried looking for some of the books you guys have mentioned but couldn't find them.

Lets start with an easy(?) one, I looked for "Ancient Astronauts" in both HISTORY (because of the word "ancient") and NON-FICTION (because some of you say they are real) but couldn't find it in either section.

Perhaps someone can help me out as to where to find such books ?!?

I'm a bit confused !

I've tried looking for some of the books you guys have mentioned but couldn't find them.

Lets start with an easy(?) one, I looked for "Ancient Astronauts" in both HISTORY (because of the word "ancient") and NON-FICTION (because some of you say they are real) but couldn't find it in either section.

Perhaps someone can help me out as to where to find such books ?!?

Part of the problem is you weren't looking in fantasy.

• Like 2

AAAHHHHH, I never would have thought of looking THERE !!

And here I thought some of these posters actually thought this stuff was TRUE ! 

And here I thought some of these posters actually thought this stuff was TRUE ! 

we do!

you're not looking very hard, lots of online book outlets have them, Amazon has loads of books on Ancient Astronauts.

Part of the problem is you weren't looking in fantasy.

That's what i always say about a certain other book that can't be mentioned in this thread.

we do!

you're not looking very hard, lots of online book outlets have them, Amazon has loads of books on Ancient Astronauts.

That's what i always say about a certain other book that can't be mentioned in this thread.

I have no doubt of what your beliefs are.

I think you missed my point of WHERE I was looking (history & Non-fiction) for your books.

But instead, as TENSOR pointed out, your books can be found in the FANTASY section (where, in my opinion, they should be).

While the BIBLE* (I'm assuming that this is the book you were referring to) can be found in the Religion section (where I think it should be) and some books about the history of the BIBLE can even be found in the history section.

*I don't believe that anyone, at anytime, has banned us from bringing up the BIBLE.

We just can't debate/argue about it.

I have no doubt of what your beliefs are.

I think you missed my point of WHERE I was looking (history & Non-fiction) for your books.

But instead, as TENSOR pointed out, your books can be found in the FANTASY section (where, in my opinion, they should be).

While the BIBLE* (I'm assuming that this is the book you were referring to) can be found in the Religion section (where I think it should be) and some books about the history of the BIBLE can even be found in the history section.

*I don't believe that anyone, at anytime, has banned us from bringing up the BIBLE.

We just can't debate/argue about it.

Those that understand the Bible will understand the origin of life....

Those that do not understand the origin of life are reading books in the fantasy section!!

we do!

The books and evidence is out there as far as the whole Lyran (Human) Federation that surrounds us.

Even George Adamski wrote back in 1952 that human life on other world is the norm not the exception

I think it just bothers the intellectuals here that their "Univeristy Mindset" is on par with the Planet of the Apes and the idea that "Earth" is a Tattooine type planet in Federation Space is just something very hard to accept intellectually.

Think of it... back in the days of Antlantis and Rama (ancient India) they had discoid aircraft known as Vimanas.  Given all the UFOs in the sky that look like discs that visit from other worlds isn't it just possible that Earth humanity's technology devolved as the nations back then devolved ?  Isn't it possible that cuz of Earth humanity's lack of spirituality, ethics and technology that we are once again climbing the technology ladder once again being monitored by these ET civilizations so that what happened on Mercury and Mars goes as far as ancient nuclear wars doesn't happen here on Earth ?  Ever wonder why the Air Force of so many countries report UFO activities near nuclear sites ?

When Voyager had to violate the Prime Directive cuz an alien race was trying to harness the "Omega Particle" for energy purposes but threatened to destroy itself and the solar system they were living in where do you think the production crew of the series got the idea ?  Studying the works of David Childress, Cedric Allingham and a slew of others and what Lyrans and other aliens do with Earth when our leaders get careless with nuclear weapons and material.