The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

In BBC program about star sciences, they did one episode on life in space.

In that episode they interwiewed the astronomers of Vatican Observatory.

-And those astronomers said that yes, there most likely is a lot of life out there in space!

So, Vatican's official line is positive as far as aliens go!

Does Vatican know something we do not?

Or are they just covering all bases?

Are there books written by landed aliens in the secret libraries of Vatican???

Yes I bet there's alot of people who would like to examine those libraries. I've been reading about the disks sent on Voyagers, and messages sent on Japanese probes. I was thinking, what would be our reaction, if we retrieved a probe, and the messages had been removed? Also I've been listening to a scientist who is studying insects, and unfortunately their rapid decline, and what this will mean to us. I think it's about time we stopped bickering amongst ourselves(religions,countries,etc), and started making alternative plans, like finding a habitable planet. When you total up all the money, lives, computing power, scientific effort,etc wasted on wars and defense, that could have been allocated. I think we may come to regret our stupidity! 

• Like 1

Heard an interesting update about space travel yesterday. Virgin Galactic have signed up six hundred passengers who want to go into space. Virgin say it is only possible now because of advances in technology, namely by developing suits, and other screens to protect the astronauts, so that ordinary people can venture out there! Also the Mangalyaan Mars mission is seen as a precursor to Humans travelling into orbit around the Red planet, although radiation levels may void your personal insurance.  

Heard an interesting update about space travel yesterday. Virgin Galactic have signed up six hundred passengers who want to go into space. Virgin say it is only possible now because of advances in technology, namely by developing suits, and other screens to protect the astronauts, so that ordinary people can venture out there! Also the Mangalyaan Mars mission is seen as a precursor to Humans travelling into orbit around the Red planet, although radiation levels may void your personal insurance.  

Of course, they will not be in space, but in the outer atmospheric layer.

crop cicles can be explained by humans with strings and planks having fun.

But the question is, why would any sane person go to a field to make very intricate systems of circles and lines?

Well finally some of you has taken an interest to say something at last! :)

To me I reckon two hypothesis here:

1. Magnetic fields caught on those sposts (TV documentaries)

2. Crop circles can be done by folks with strings and planks having fun to impress like "Land Art" made in similar fashion.

Well finally some of you has taken an interest to say something at last! :)

To me I reckon two hypothesis here:

1. Magnetic fields caught on those sposts (TV documentaries)

2. Crop circles can be done by folks with strings and planks having fun to impress like "Land Art" made in similar fashion.

Some pranksters have admitted to making those crop circles. I'm still amazed at how intricate, and well designed they are! We are listening. I just keep hoping someone can point me in the direction of some real evidence that aliens exist.

• Like 1

Some pranksters have admitted to making those crop circles. I'm still amazed at how intricate, and well designed they are! We are listening. I just keep hoping someone can point me in the direction of some real evidence that aliens exist.

pranksters have admitted making some of the circles. for many circles, no prankster have been found...

PS.It is highly egoistic to imagine we could be the most intelligent species in the universe...

• Like 1

pranksters have admitted making some of the circles. for many circles, no prankster have been found...

PS.It is highly egoistic to imagine we could be the most intelligent species in the universe...

That's the usual nature of hoaxing,ie: not admitting to doing it! So you're trying to convince me that a superior intelligence, can develop a form of transport that brings them to our planet, and their only method of communication is creating patterns in crop fields. Maybe all their litrerature, communication, e mails,etc, takes that form on their planet. Not convinced! I don't believe we are the 'most intelligent species' on this planet!

What about the Bermuda Triangle? Magnetism again on the field? Why ships, planes...etc. have been disappearing for decades?

That's another unsolved mystery! Tonight here  :) To solve what is going on in our planet it's problem that leaves the scientists mesmerized.

Maybe we should extend this to be 'the weird and wonderful' thread, anything about Aliens, plus things that make us question the idea of 'normality'!

• Like 2

Good idea :icon_mrgreen:

Unless you were being sarcastic to disguise annoyance at my off-topic ramblings about dog-suicide!

(then it would still be a good idea but I would feel silly.) 

No sarcasm intended! I don't hold to any rules or restrictions. Thanks for livening up this forum. I know what you mean though, maybe we could introduce some universal symbols indicating sarcasm,etc!

No sarcasm intended! I don't hold to any rules or restrictions. Thanks for livening up this forum. I know what you mean though, maybe we could introduce some universal symbols indicating sarcasm,etc!

I think she is in for a posting spree ;):) She is young and well spoken  too...so she  can say whatever takes her fancy...

It's weird having been brought up in a sarcastic family, in a sarcastic city, I have trouble distinguishing. But on here I am not sarcastic, as I believe I'd need a certain intonation to make it explicit! I believe a case could be made to suggest that we humans are the aliens. All of the rest of the life on Earth exists in a balanced and self sustaining ecosystem. It's only humans who are alien to that system and seem destined to destroy it. Maybe the suicidal dogs are trying to tell us something, or are just trying to escape the crazy aliens!

• Like 1

back to the crop cicles, man!

The tricksters have admitted to copying the original crop cicles, in their fake circles.

So, who made those original crop cicles, that have been appearing for ages???

I say aliens use crop fields for landing for following reasons:

-very smooth surface, as there are no big rocks or tree stumps in the fields, and the crop stalks cushion the landing.

-no traffick or roads nearby.

-no lights at night.

No doubt aliens signal their transports from these fields, and get picked up after a reconnaissance mission.

Scientists say that anything that can exist, must exist, in this unlimited universe. Therefore aliens must exist!

-weirdly enough, these same scientists vehemently deny the existence of aliens...

Scientists say that anything that can exist, must exist, in this unlimited universe. Therefore aliens must exist!

-weirdly enough, these same scientists vehemently deny the existence of aliens...

Scientists contradicting themselves. How strange!

• Like 1

@alienspeculators. I was thinking, why don't we humans construct a docking bay for alien spacecraft; reception area, customs,etc. I mean no wonder they keep hovering around, landing in fields. What sort of hosts are we. I'm serious, we should at least be ready! Prof. gaqo has postulated that an immense alien civilization is located at the outer reaches of the Andromeda galaxy, it is technologically more advanded than ours, but only by twenty four minutes! 

Edited by gaqo

@alienspeculators. I was thinking, why don't we humans construct a docking bay for alien spacecraft; reception area, customs,etc.! 

Because there are no alien spacecrafts.

That is your opinion.

No it's fact based on the absence of alien spacecraft. Therefore building a docking bay for alien spacecraft, as gaqo suggests, would be absurd.

Are there books written by landed aliens in the secret libraries of Vatican???

Talking about absurdity the above question is a good example of myth creation!

Because there are no alien spacecrafts.

When there are so many reported sightings, including from credible people(pilots, military,police,etc), it makes us start to wonder if we ruled out all the mistaken and 'collective delusional' sightings, then maybe the small percentage left might be true. The problem with humans is they cling to an illusion called 'reality'. It may just be like a lifeboat in an immense sea of uncertainty, and supernatural phenomena.  

When there are so many reported sightings, including from credible people(pilots, military,police,etc), it makes us start to wonder if we ruled out all the mistaken and 'collective delusional' sightings, then maybe the small percentage left might be true. The problem with humans is they cling to an illusion called 'reality'. It may just be like a lifeboat in an immense sea of uncertainty, and supernatural phenomena.  

One doesn't need to be a pilot, police office or miltary personel to be classed as credible. A cab driver, shop assistant or general labourer has just as much discernment to be considered credible in adding to the myth created by wild assumption based on absence of explaination. Of course the myth is enlarged if the witness is a pilot due to "flying".

An unidenitfied flying object is just that.... Unidentified. The small percentage that remain unidentified after investigation simply remain unidentified. Assumptions made on what remains unexplained is the root of myth making.

Can I ask you some questions? I don't want to get into a religious debate, I respect every ones right to their own beliefs. Does the possibility of alien life, contradict your belief in God? Considering that there are always going to be advancements in our understanding, through science, philosophy,etc, why doesn't religion continually re invent itself incorporating new ideas, making itself more relevant to a contemporary context?  

• Like 1