The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

Retired CreativeGenius said,

Our Technology will kill us off.

If you run into an alien can you ask for the Denominator of the Square Root of 2?

Well, the other day, I was going to go on the extinction rebellion climate protest march, but it was raining, so I stayed in.

If I meet any aliens i dont know if they will be able to solve it. Lol.

Maybe they could let me know how the Earth travels 1000 miles per hour and we dont feel the movement. Power of gravity I guess, but they could have a different take on it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, Tonstar17 said:

Maybe they could let me know how the Earth travels 1000 miles per hour and we dont feel the movement. Power of gravity I guess, but they could have a different take on it.

The surface of the earth travels at 1,000 Mph at the equator. If you stand on either the North or South Pole, you won't get dizzy from spinning at 1 Rotation per day. You will become very very bored very very soon, but you'll be able to find Waldo if he shows up.

Since the escape velocity of the Earth is slightly over 24606 MPH, you'll need a running start to reach space. 

If a rogue Gravity Wave should momentarily disrupt  the earth's gravity, people will simply be splattered on nearby structure as they rise to the occasion. A few people might be flung out into space where they'll be instantaneously Flash Frozen giving them a slim chance of being revived by an advanced civilization on the far side of the galaxy. Imagine being the first human to reach the far edge of the galaxy only to become a source of protein. We don't taste like chicken we taste like pork. Oh, lucky us.

How's that for a lol?

• Like 1

The surface of the earth travels at 1,000 Mph at the equator. If you stand on either the North or South Pole, you won't get dizzy from spinning at 1 Rotation per day. You will become very very bored very very soon, but you'll be able to find Waldo if he shows up.
Since the escape velocity of the Earth is slightly over 24606 MPH, you'll need a running start to reach space. 
If a rogue Gravity Wave should momentarily disrupt  the earth's gravity, people will simply be splattered on nearby structure as they rise to the occasion. A few people might be flung out into space where they'll be instantaneously Flash Frozen giving them a slim chance of being revived by an advanced civilization on the far side of the galaxy. Imagine being the first human to reach the far edge of the galaxy only to become a source of protein. We don't taste like chicken we taste like pork. Oh, lucky us.
How's that for a lol?

Since we can't generate gravitational waves on earth, well not yet anyway unless it is created by nature. But you never know, one day, we might be able to generate enough energy to cause ripples in space time to detect it. What will be the consequences, and how are we going to stabilise that amount of accelaration in a save environment. I guess we are safe for now.
Lol and gross at the same time. Frozen packaged human beings travelling at the speed of light to be delivered to some alien race. I hope they sign for them. Isn't something like that already happening. Human disappearances in mysterious circumstances and animals manipulations are part of UFO abductions conspiracies. Maybe we taste better than the animals hence, no traces of human remains.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, Tonstar17 said:

Since we can't generate gravitational waves on earth, well not yet anyway unless it is created by nature. But you never know, one day, we might be able to generate enough energy to cause ripples in space time to detect it. What will be the consequences, and how are we going to stabilise that amount of accelaration in a save environment. I guess we are safe for now.
Lol and gross at the same time. Frozen packaged human beings travelling at the speed of light to be delivered to some alien race. I hope they sign for them. emoji23.png Isn't something like that already happening. Human disappearances in mysterious circumstances and animals manipulations are part of UFO abductions conspiracies. Maybe we taste better than the animals hence, no traces of human remains. emoji848.png

Speed of Light? What's the rush? Voyager will reach the nearest start in about 50,000 years. You'll be frozen,  and the battery in your digital timepiece will lose it's charge shortly after takeoff. So time doesn't really matter. If by chance, you're self aware, you might try mentally singing 99 Bottles of Beer on a Wall to pass the time.

You might not need massive amount of energy to cause a Gravity Wave. Remember when Lex Luthor was trying to lubricate the San Andreas Fault to cause an earthquake? The proof of concept testing has been conducted in Texas and Oklahoma by injecting Fracking liquids into the earth. Earthquakes follow. A Small amount of energy strategically applied can hasten the inevitable.

Gravity Waves need to be studied. We know about Masers, Lasers, and Tesla's legendary Earthquake Machine all based on the study of waves. Is there a Gravity Wave Doppler effect? (no.) Can Gravity Waves be surfed? (no.)

There are many unanswered questions, I choose "B" on the multiple choice, and False on the True/False questions.

• Like 1

Speed of Light? What's the rush? Voyager will reach the nearest start in about 50,000 years. You'll be frozen,  and the battery in your digital timepiece will lose it's charge shortly after takeoff. So time doesn't really matter. If by chance, you're self aware, you might try mentally singing 99 Bottles of Beer on a Wall to pass the time.
You might not need massive amount of energy to cause a Gravity Wave. Remember when Lex Luthor was trying to lubricate the San Andreas Fault to cause an earthquake? The proof of concept testing has been conducted in Texas and Oklahoma by injecting Fracking liquids into the earth. Earthquakes follow. A Small amount of energy strategically applied can hasten the inevitable.
Gravity Waves need to be studied. We know about Masers, Lasers, and Tesla's legendary Earthquake Machine all based on the study of waves. Is there a Gravity Wave Doppler effect? (no.) Can Gravity Waves be surfed? (no.)
There are many unanswered questions, I choose "B" on the multiple choice, and False on the True/False questions.
Well, I wouldn't want to be stuck in an icebox for 50.000 years. I like fast travel. Traveling at the speed of light would be awesome. They say gravity waves travel at the same speed as light apparently even though we have no direct way of measuring the speed of gravity. Who am I to dispute the claim. There are many alternative theories of gravity, including some that have been invoked to explain the accelerated expansion of the universe, predicting that the speed of gravity is different from the speed of light, Several of those theories have now been ruled out, making dark energy a more likely explanation for the accelerated expansion. Hopefully as our technology grows, we might be able to invent the right equipment that may provide data in the coming years to help pinpoint the speed of gravity to within 1 percent. Just one  example of how gravitational waves are advancing our cosmology like never before.
On another Note: There are particles called Tachyons (hypothetical particles)  that may or can travel faster than the speed of light. Could hatch a lift with them.

• Like 1